IGNORED

Longest Thread For Sport Talk

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Way more money is needed to the elite, more like.

Slight correction. Its laying foundations for the greed league. Show that more games equal more money and that'll turn heads at governments let alone the football industry.

There's a special layer of hell for FIFA and UEFA. 

Watching Bundesliga highlights from the weekend. Ref books the same Leverkusen player on two separate occasions for simulation in the box. Both times he's called to look at VAR, determines that they actually were penalties and rescinds the cards to the Leverkusen player. On two separate occasions.

No ego from the ref or his VAR counterparts, they're trying to make the right decisions. 

This is what is so royally fucked up with VAR in England. The referees union is so intent on standing by each other that they're unwilling to even have someone go look at VAR because they're afraid of undermining each other. 

Makes me so angry.

15 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Potter and Rodgers gone.

I wonder if either one of them will be walking straight into another job. 

Always thought that Potter would go to Leicester when Rodgers was sacked - ironic how they've both gone on the same day.

7 hours ago, Hafnia said:

That England side doesn’t need ego management, if needs a tactician. Chelsea have pulled the trigger way too early 

I initially thought so too. Then realised he has been in the role since September. I am not saying that is enough time - especially with the amount of players he has needed to integrate across both windows but there have been signs that he has just got things plain wrong. Some of the line ups and subs have been baffling.