IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

Guest Reg Reagan

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Spurs manager Harry Redknapp admits he will "talk to his chairman" about the possibility of signing Wayne Rooney after being told the news that the Manchester United striker wants to leave the club." :huh:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/9108132.stm

He's clearly left his tampon in too long and gone into toxic shock.

Even if the sell on clause is still in place Everton wont get any money unless the fee is over what Man U paid for him

I think the likely outcome is them selling to Real Madrid and trying to get Benzema who Ferguson has tryed to get twice before in a cash player swap deal and I cant see Madrid paying over 25m and giving the player up

Mourinho stated he will be intrested in linking Ronaldo and Rooney up again on Sky Sports news last night after the Milan game

A little bird who shall remain anonymous has sent me this snippet ..........

"Why does Rooney want to leave Man Utd ??? The answer is a lot more obvious than most have come up with, it seems that his agent has been told that David Moyes is set to take over at Utd when SAF retires. The Utd board are aware that SAF will go within the next two years, which will be within the period of any new contract offered to Rooney".

Once a tit always a tit and my money is on this being the correct reason.

"Why does Rooney want to leave Man Utd ??? The answer is a lot more obvious than most have come up with, it seems that his agent has been told that David Moyes is set to take over at Utd when SAF retires. The Utd board are aware that SAF will go within the next two years, which will be within the period of any new contract offered to Rooney".

I'm inclined to agree, Bill. Moyes in, Rooney out. Moyes would be a fool to take the United job though. Succeeding Sir Alex, crippling debt and a rapidly aging squad bereft of any world class talent in midfield or attack. You'd have to be bonkers.

why wouldn't he just wait til fergie leaves then go too? instead of takin the shit now from utd fans? can't see it at all

I'm inclined to agree, Bill. Moyes in, Rooney out. Moyes would be a fool to take the United job though. Succeeding Sir Alex, crippling debt and a rapidly aging squad bereft of any world class talent in midfield or attack. You'd have to be bonkers.

sounds familiar doesnt it?

sounds familiar doesnt it?

Yes. The difference being United are falling from the top. Our expectations and ambitions were pretty non-existent when Moyes took over here (they're still far too low now tbh), the only way was up so to speak. But at United the fans expect to win things every season, to challenge the best. There will be enormous pressure on Moyes right from the off. United are a team on a downward spiral; they have a pitiful, ageing midfield, an ageing, leaky defence, and very little money to do anything about it. There's no fear factor surrounding United any more, players and fans go into games against them and really believe they can beat them, and beat them well. I was disappointed we didn't beat them at Goodison this season!

Moyes would be mad to go there but United would be equally as mad to hire him IMO.

Yes. The difference being United are falling from the top. Our expectations and ambitions were pretty non-existent when Moyes took over here (they're still far too low now tbh), the only way was up so to speak. But at United the fans expect to win things every season, to challenge the best. There will be enormous pressure on Moyes right from the off. United are a team on a downward spiral; they have a pitiful, ageing midfield, an ageing, leaky defence, and very little money to do anything about it. There's no fear factor surrounding United any more, players and fans go into games against them and really believe they can beat them, and beat them well. I was disappointed we didn't beat them at Goodison this season!

Moyes would be mad to go there but United would be equally as mad to hire him IMO.

I see where youre coming from mate but dont entirely agree. We had a different kind of pressure - save one of the ever-present and oldest, most prestiges clubs in the footballing world from relegation and turn the club around. Up wasnt the only way. We had flirted with relegation so often we came to expect it, but we didnt go down. Im pretty sure i didnt have fingernails in the 90s. We couldve gone down. Like any new manager coming in to a squad with low morale, ageing players (a few of whom were fit for the lower leagues anyway) and no money, it was a gamble for Moyes - look across the park! There was no guarentee he was going to be a success. But he was, he turned us around despite all the pressure. Then fans quickly came to expect more and more, which adds its own pressure to the point we arguing about not qualifying for the CL (even winning the league sometimes!). There was pressure then and there is pressure now, different kinds but just as intense.

Utd are in a similar position, except for them relegation is not finishing in the top 3. Thats the only difference I see here. How often has that happened in the last 15 years? Theyre hitting a blip, thats all. Moyes proved with us he can not only save a sinking ship, but with the right support (props to BK and the board - like it or not) can turn the ship into a fully functioning winning machine. Utd arent a sinking ship, theyve hit rough waters. The only thing I wouldnt see him getting would be support from the board there (dont see him getting anything like it anywhere else to be honest). As for their midfield, its not as good as it once was, but Scholes and Giggs still have this season at least, Nani is having a stormer (finally), Park is a cracking player, Fletcher was good last season.... Theyve still got a good squad, still sitting 4th despite throwing away 3 winning games away, its just not as good as it once was. Theyre not falling from the top, theyre stumbling and need someone to grab the by the scruff of the neck to pick them up again. Moyes fits perfectly. I just hope he doesnt go because i dont see who we would get to replace him.

Edited by Matt