IGNORED

Wayne Rooney

Guest Reg Reagan

Guest Reg Reagan

So what is really going on with our old boy Rooney?

Logged onto the newspaper website and found this article

WAYNE ROONEY could be dumped from the Manchester United team after challenging Alex Ferguson.

Striker Roo is sweating on his place in tomorrow's side to face West Brom following his public questioning of the boss over why he was left out of the last two Red Devils' games.

Fergie said Rooney was sidelined for the games away to Valencia and Sunderland due to an ankle injury which he accused the striker of hiding from the club medics.

But following England's goalless draw against Montenegro in midweek, Rooney denied there had ever been any problem with his ankle this season.

It was backed up by national team physio Gary Lewin, who said: "I can only speak about the seven days Wayne was with England - and he trained every day and was fit for the game.

"Obviously he hadn't played for Manchester United for two weeks before and what happened at United is between them and him. But when he arrived with us he was fit and available to play."

Fergie was probably giving the player a rest from the limelight after the revelations about his dalliances with a prostitute - but Rooney clearly wanted to play.

The United chief had hoped that a break, followed by what should have been a relatively easy Euro 2012 qualifier, would ease Rooney back ready for tomorrow's match at Old Trafford.

But Roo turned in a poor performance at Wembley as he and the rest of the team were booed off following their goalless draw.

The boss might now punish him for his open defiance in the aftermath of the game.

Equally he could decide the player is not in the right state of mind or in good enough form to play against the Baggies.

Rooney, who is 25 this month, has not scored from open play for United since last March.

United are aiming to get the player tied down to a new five-year contract.

But as revealed in SunSport yesterday, United fear Rooney will not sign it with Real Madrid waiting in the wings, ready to pounce.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually hate what he's become at United. When he played for us he was exciting to watch; he'd get the ball and he'd actually go at defenders and you'd be on the edge of your seat. But at United he very rarely runs at defenders and, to be honest, he's become an extremely boring player to watch.

Not really thought about it too much before, but I think you are 100% right on that Romey.

Guest Reg Reagan

I actually hate what he's become at United. When he played for us he was exciting to watch; he'd get the ball and he'd actually go at defenders and you'd be on the edge of your seat. But at United he very rarely runs at defenders and, to be honest, he's become an extremely boring player to watch.

Actually last season... he was attacking and running a lot he was pretty much trying to fill the roles CRonaldo which he did well with.

I think this season as you have mentioned hes been like this.

i don't think he was that exciting last season...how many of his goals were memorable? most were headers and in the box..he comes deep for the ball and then maybe passes for forward but not always..he's a great player and it worked for him last season goal wise but he doesn't have that thrill factor for me either i think romey is spot on

on the bench for utd today..poor form? rest? falling out with fergie? im sure the media will make of it what they can

either way im not dropping him from my fantasy team. the boy is class and having a hard time but he will come good soon, ive no doubt of that.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/wayne-rooney-set-to-quit-manchester-united-following-issues-with-manager-sir-alex-ferguson/story-e6frf4a3-1225940123080

Sounds good to me! When's his contract up, cause we're set to get a cut on any transfer fee, no?

EDIT: Signed till June 2012 apparently, so idealy we want him gone in the January transfer window for an exorbant price.

How about to New York Cosmos? :P

Edited by BrotherEstapol

Guest Reg Reagan

read somewhere City would happily 300k a week?! blink.gifblink.gif

Well besides RM and Man City... there are other places he could go to... Barcelona but I think they would be more interested in Torres, AC Milan but I am not sure if the Italian Serie A clubs have the money they use to have to sign top quality and world class players like 10 years ago, Inter but knowing how inhumane rafa is he will find a way to destroy rooney's career, Maybe Chelsea as the last resort...

If I had to wear that wishy-washy discoloured rag that is their shirt this year I'd want to leave too.

Think the colour is based on a twenty year old Vauxhall Cavalier that's been constantly stored in direct sunlight (not to mention the fact that it looks like it was designed by a first year fashion student in 1976).

Think he'd come back to us just so he can wear the cream :lol: .