IGNORED

Stoke City (Home)

Bill

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good fucking lord that was boring, and mostly because of Stoke. One team was trying to play football (us) and the other team (Stoke) was playing... well, I'm not sure what the fuck they were playing tbh. How the hell do Stoke fans pay to watch that garbage week in week out? I'm surprised they're not committing suicide in the stands. They just got everyone behind the ball in the hope that we couldn't pick our way through them, but thankfully we managed to do that once and didn't waste our dominance. They were time wasting in the first fucking half, how sad is that? Our part in the borefest was that we simply didn't move the ball quick enough and that is exactly what you need to do when you have the opposition just sitting back hoping you can't break them down. We were playing on zimmer frames we were moving that slowly at times!

We dominated the game and fully deserved our lead but why are we SO bad at being in the lead of games? Once we took the lead Stoke came into the game because, instead of pushing for a second to kill it off, we started fannying about with the ball. But our defence stood up superbly to the bombardment that came our way.

Not the best of games but 3 points is 3 points, and another clean sheet :).

Howard - Did he have anything to do?

Neville - I thought he had a fairly good game going forward tbh, but when that bombardment came our way at the end his constant backing off had me closing my eyes in fear!

Jagielka - He looked even more like his brick wall self that we've seen over the past few years. There was no chance of anything getting past him today.

Distin - He played Howard into trouble on a couple of occasions but on the whole he was solid and looked good with Jags.

Baines - I really love having Baines in our side. He might not be the best defender you'll ever see (he's far from shite defensively though) but his forward play is something special at times, and he was a constant threat going forward for us today.

Coleman - His forward runs didn't quite work out today but he never gave up trying to beat his man.

Heitinga - At times he looked really good but then he'd play such a stupid pass and we'd lose possession.

Arteta - I was a bit unimpressed with Arteta today tbh. Against the shite he looked back to being the best little Spaniard we know again, but today I thought he sat far too deep again and didn't take command in the middle of the field like we need him to.

Pienaar - Worked incredibly hard and buzzed about trying to bring other players into the game whenever we were attacking, but his end product was abysmal and it pissed me right off. If not for the poor end product I probably would have given him my MOTM vote.

Cahill - I thought the only time he ever really had any sort of influence on the game was when he got pushed back into midfield. When he was uptop he was bullied out of the game by their massive defenders, but when he had more space to work in once Saha came on he looked pretty good tbh.

Yakubu - This man oozes class, he really does, and for me he is the perfect striker we have to play the lone frontman and he showed that today. His hold-up play and ability to bring other players into the game was pure quality today, it was something to cream over. I'm so happy he got a goal and that he got the recognition he deserved from the wole stadium afterwards. Feed the fucking Yak. My MOTM.

Good fucking lord that was boring, and mostly because of Stoke. One team was trying to play football (us) and the other team (Stoke) was playing... well, I'm not sure what the fuck they were playing tbh. How the hell do Stoke fans pay to watch that garbage week in week out? I'm surprised they're not committing suicide in the stands. They just got everyone behind the ball in the hope that we couldn't pick our way through them, but thankfully we managed to do that once and didn't waste our dominance. They were time wasting in the first fucking half, how sad is that? Our part in the borefest was that we simply didn't move the ball quick enough and that is exactly what you need to do when you have the opposition just sitting back hoping you can't break them down. We were playing on zimmer frames we were moving that slowly at times!

We dominated the game and fully deserved our lead but why are we SO bad at being in the lead of games? Once we took the lead Stoke came into the game because, instead of pushing for a second to kill it off, we started fannying about with the ball. But our defence stood up superbly to the bombardment that came our way.

Howard - Did he have anything to do?

Neville - I thought he had a fairly good game going forward tbh, but when that bombardment came our way at the end his constant backing off had me closing my eyes in fear!

Jagielka - He looked even more like his brick wall self that we've seen over the past few years. There was no chance of anything getting past him today.

Distin - He played Howard into trouble on a couple of occasions but on the whole he was solid and looked good with Jags.

Baines - I really love having Baines in our side. He might not be the best defender you'll ever see (he's far from shite defensively though) but his forward play is something special at times, and he was a constant threat going forward for us today.

Coleman - His forward runs didn't quite work out today but he never gave up trying to beat his man.

Heitinga - At times he looked really good but then he'd play such a stupid pass and we'd lose possession.

Arteta - I was a bit unimpressed with Arteta today tbh. Against the shite he looked back to being the best little Spaniard we know again, but today I thought he sat far too deep again and didn't take command in the middle of the field like we need him to.

Pienaar - Worked incredibly hard and buzzed about trying to bring other players into the game whenever we were attacking, but his end product was abysmal and it pissed me right off. If not for the poor end product I probably would have given him my MOTM vote.

Cahill - I thought the only time he ever really had any sort of influence on the game was when he got pushed back into midfield. When he was uptop he was bullied out of the game by their massive defenders, but when he had more space to work in once Saha came on he looked pretty good tbh.

Yakubu - This man oozes class, he really does, and for me he is the perfect striker we have to play the lone frontman and he showed that today. His hold-up play and ability to bring other players into the game was pure quality today, it was something to cream over. I'm so happy he got a goal and that he got the recognition he deserved from the wole stadium afterwards. Feed the fucking Yak. My MOTM.

A bit harsh on Stoke I feel, did they not remind you of Everton not so long ago?

I also thought you were a bit harsh on Arteta, he ran the game today, not too sure what exactly you were expecting from him

We missed Felli today but all in all I thought it was a good result. We all knew what kind of game Stoke were going to play and I thought we dealt with it and deserved the points.

The Ref officials did there upmost to get them back in it and we still won

A bit harsh on Stoke I feel, did they not remind you of Everton not so long ago?

I also thought you were a bit harsh on Arteta, he ran the game today, not too sure what exactly you were expecting from him

We missed Felli today but all in all I thought it was a good result. We all knew what kind of game Stoke were going to play and I thought we dealt with it and deserved the points.

The Ref officials did there upmost to get them back in it and we still won

I don't think I was harsh on Stoke at all. They were woeful and did not come to play anything that resembled football. Even if they did remind me of Everton a few years ago it doesn't change the fact that they were horrible to watch. I didn't like the way we used to play either.

Maybe I was harsh on Arteta but I expect him to really take charge and play further up the pitch, not slow our attacks down like he did on numerous occasions etc. I just hated how slow we played today and he was responsible for a lot of that IMO.

Guest Reg Reagan

Thats a bit harsh on Stoke... fair enough they came to Goodison looking for a 0-0 draw but give them credit where its due for staying up in the Premiership for the 3rd season running and Tony Pulis is a doing a great job at Stoke and he is a good manager.

But other then that... great to see us getting the 3pts today

just got home and im fucked. been on the road since 6am this morning but had a cracking day.

Stoke came to get a 0-0 and that was evident when they started time wasting after 90 seconds of play. never witnessed that before and hope i dont again. was disappointed with stoke overall really. They just wanted to clobber us when they could.

I think Arteta realised there was a massive gap if he dropped 5 yards deeper, and i personally thought he had a good game working well with pieman. Yak was my motm. Great to see him playing like that again.

Quality from Pulis on MOTD, when asked if maybe there was some tiredness given the extra time in the carling cup, he turned round and said "They get paid a massive amount of money so it's not too much to ask them to play three games of football in a week" laugh.gif

Thats a bit harsh on Stoke... fair enough they came to Goodison looking for a 0-0 draw but give them credit where its due for staying up in the Premiership for the 3rd season running and Tony Pulis is a doing a great job at Stoke and he is a good manager.

But other then that... great to see us getting the 3pts today

So I can't say Stoke were poor YESTERDAY just because they've managed to stay in the league a few seasons? What a joke.

Quality from Pulis on MOTD, when asked if maybe there was some tiredness given the extra time in the carling cup, he turned round and said "They get paid a massive amount of money so it's not too much to ask them to play three games of football in a week" laugh.gif

I saw that too and laughed, :lol: but he is totally right. Lazy gits are rich through football with more dosh than I will ever see, so get in there and earn it. :angry:

Ok, maybe I was being dramatic there but they really do play some awful stuff!

I agree with you Romey...I think Stoke play horrible football and that's actually the reason they're still in the Prem.(as they don't have the quality players to play properly)

There seems to be way too much Stoke in this thread! What's the go?

Applaud them for staying up all you like, but they play some seriously shitty football and that is a fact.

Edited by BrotherEstapol

i think romey was kind on stoke..time wasting in the first half is pathetic end of story..think you were a little harsh on arteta though he made a good few forward runs and tried to play it forward more i felt than he has been doin..

the point about howard having nothing to do i don't think he did either although some guy on the radio was saying if it wasn't for howard stoke could have had 3 or 4? :blink:

Not much more I can add to Romeys report tbh and its mostly spot on. Although I actually thought Arteta had one of his best game for us so far this season. From what I saw (which was about 70mins worth) he looked to win the ball back early and spring forward and he played a lot more forward balls than he has plus I thought he ran with the ball with more authority yesterday.

Cahill was anonymous for the most part yesterday, but Im not Saha also did sweet FA when he went up there.

MOTM for me is the Yak, I fucking love that man! The finish was exquisite and he did the hard work to set Cahill up in the first place. His flick for Pienaar in the 1st half oozed quality as well!

I also though Billy did really well when he came on. Its a shame he didnt bury his main chance (what a goal that would have been!) and I also wish he had just had a crack instead of trying to beat another man. If he could play like that for 90 minutes I would start him ahead of Coleman.

Overall it was a crap game but we got the 3 points. I hate the way we sit back on a lead but the defence were very solid and nothing really looked like beating them.