IGNORED

Are Ref's Homers?

After seeing Nani's goal for ManUre against Spurs, (United the home side.) and Stoke's disallowed goal against us, which frankly I couldn't really see anything wrong with, I have to ask if ref's are becoming very much influenced by the home side?

Yes it has always gone on, but this weekend it has seemed a little more blatant than usual.

What do you guys think?

tbh, after being at the everton game yesterday its obvious that refs take a guess at some big decisions. YES stokes goal should have stood, but look at the "freekick" that was conseeded to allow it in the first place? Baines being pushed in the back was more of a freekick than the pienaar one that lead to the chance.

How to ruin a good game of football...allow Lee Mason to ref it!

After seeing Nani's goal for ManUre against Spurs, (United the home side.) and Stoke's disallowed goal against us, which frankly I couldn't really see anything wrong with, I have to ask if ref's are becoming very much influenced by the home side?

Yes it has always gone on, but this weekend it has seemed a little more blatant than usual.

What do you guys think?

yakubus obstruction to their keeper was no more than tuncays, so the ref was being consistent with the rules he had set, so was right to disallow stokes goal

tbh, after being at the everton game yesterday its obvious that refs take a guess at some big decisions. YES stokes goal should have stood, but look at the "freekick" that was conseeded to allow it in the first place? Baines being pushed in the back was more of a freekick than the pienaar one that lead to the chance.

How to ruin a good game of football...allow Lee Mason to ref it!

Lee Probert reffed us yesterday didn't he? It was supposed to be Mason but it definitely wasn't him out there.

foreign refs are more consistant, we dabble in foreign players but not refs.

As 'arguably' the best league in the world, the PL should make more of an effort to buy in the 'better' foreign referee's...!

Even if its a trial, see how they do. If people like Clattenburg n Webb are our 'better' refs, no wonder these decisions are being made.

You play the same amount of home games as away, so it should even out.

Baines was tackled/shoved in the back, if it had been slightly more from the side I'm sure it would have been a goal.

That's why the Yaks use of the shoulder the other day was within the rules.....well the rules of judo :unsure:

foreign refs are more consistant, we dabble in foreign players but not refs.

You couldn't find a foreigner to agree on that with you. The Dutch league and the Belgian league have a referee-exchange system and imo the added value of that is 0.

There isn't a sport in the world that doesn't have fans complaining about referees. Either accept it as an element of the game, or start using technology for everything.

Nearly merged this with the "Gay Footballers" thread, but then I found my glasses :P .

:lol: .

What do you guys think?

If they are can we get one at Goodison please?

• 2 weeks later...