IGNORED

Man City (Away)

Matt

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't sit back like we have been doing after the 2nd half for another 45mins.

Not really sure where people are playing atm, Anichebe seems to be dropping back to cover the left mid, so he's going with Zabaleta but then we're left with no-one upfront, so we're pumping the ball upfield for them to run straight back at us!

We started so well, the shape was great. We played one up front with both Rodwell and Cahill supporting from midfield. Felli was occupying the hole brilliantly and despite being under pressure we looked very solid.

However since we moved Vic on the right, Cahill up front and Osman inside we have looked very shakey. Cahill is dropping back so deep at times we have no-one up front. The midfield has lost its structure as it doesnt look as if Osman, Felli or Rodwell know what role to play. With no-one up front we have no chance of keeping the ball. Vic should stay up front and Cahill & Osman return to their starting positions. At least this way if we get up against the cosh and we have to clear it Vic will try and work to get it back.

I think the original set up is a great choice by Moyes but he has adapted it for the worse and we have become very negative. However it wont take much more to get a foothold back on the game. When Vic tires out bring the Yak into replace him. Providing we can get some good service into either striker (vic or yak) they will both suit the role and we keep hold of the ball.

C'mon we can do this, and please Moyes let me restore some of my faith in you!