IGNORED

Man City (Away)

Matt

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought about Anichebes first yellow card!

he kinda chased a through ball and collided with Hart.Didn't Anellka, do that the other week and got a penalty.Victer didn't change direction his weight carried him into the goalkeeper, Hart could have moved.

His second yellow was even that bad to be honest.

My dream still lives on!.....Anichebe and Vaughan to spearhead an exciting Everton team.

anichebe jumped to block the ball..how that is a foul is beyond me let alone a yellow card..the crowd gave that one i doubt walton was even watchin it myself..

on a side note why does mancini have a snood army now? bunch of fuckin wankers! people claim it's cos they're from a hot country but look at timmy! from down under and he'd play in his boxers if he had too!

David Moyes:"There's a big smile tonight, I feel terrific. I thought we played well in the first 20 minutes and in the end it's a really, really good three points. Tim Cahill takes the fight to people - he's the one who leads us into battle. We've moved him about and he willingly does it. His attitude is terrific and he puts himself on the line for his team."

spot on..i'm in love with him more and more every game this season! :worship[1]: :worship[1]:

Finally Man City realise what they have to do to beat Everton.

BUY.....Howard, Baines, Jags, Distin, Neville, Osman, Cahill, Fellaini, Rodwell, Coleman, Anichebe.

They could even have a punt for Arteta and Pienaar....we didn't need them.

City!.....You can buy people, you can't buy team spirit :rolleyes:

Fuck me thats the spirit! From the manager down the spirit that team showed today was brilliant, exactly what makes me proud to support Everton Football Club.

The tactics were dodgy at times, I thought we set up well to start with but our passing to Vic was awful and after about 20mins the midfield more or less stopped breaking forward and sat back, so he had no support anyway. I also thought the switching around didnt help and it was at these times (especially first half) where we lost our shape. In fact I think the sending off helped us in that respect as from then on we had a clear structure and we defended brilliantly for the most part.

Worst performer today was the ref. 1st challenge from Vic was never a booking, same with Felli's. 2nd challenge was a rusty tired one and in reflection Moyes will probably think he should have been taken off a little sooner. Of all the challenges in todays match Ballotelli jumping with his studs up on Jags was the worse, its was unsportsmanlike and completely unnecessary but only got a freekick. Just about sums it up for me.

I'm actually quite shocked some people on here are ripping into Vic. He ran his arse off for us today, was played out of position for large parts and should never have been sent off. The service he received at times was terrible, especially when a simple ball was on.

Cahill was an absolute warrior, I think he literally ran on every blade of grass.

Howard made some absolutely quality stops as well, especially the two from the Balotelli 1vs1. Really really good.

When Felli was situated in front of the back four they worked so well at breaking up City's play and generally stopping anyone getting through the middle.

Rodwell has also copped some unfair stick. He may not have been amazing today but like Cahill and Felli he was everywhere, getting stuck in. Coleman also didnt really have his best game quality wise, but he worked very hard, got back well defensively and bailed Neville out on a couple of occasions.

Even the subs of Saha and Bily worked well. personally I would have taken Osman off 10mins earlier as he was obviously flagging and Bily is pretty good defensively. Plus he is russian so he should be used to the cold! Credit to Saha as well he really got stuck in, maybe it has something to do with the hair?!

Worst player for me today was Neville, by a distance. He didnt want to close down, he was constantly deeper than the rest of the back four and to be honest, at times it looked as though he hadnt played with these boys before. Coleman gave him an absolute rollicking at one point and it was richely deserved when he jumped out of the line. Luckily it went to Balotelli and not someone good.

Fair play to all the guys out there today, we showed real heart and finally we got to see the blue eyed grin from Moyes. I hope he keeps the same set up against Birmingham, with midfield runners breaking from the striker (and not sitting back). The spirit was brilliant and for all Moyes' failings that is one hell of a shining light. Now lets build on it, gets some points in the bank over Christmas and get in the hunt for Europe. COYB's!

Had a scan through the "Blue Moon" match thread....made me laugh :lol: . Eg...

Why are people going on about 2 footed tackles, studs showing and city players needing stiches (zabs off for the second time having already had stiches)

Its well documented Everton are the dirtiest most negative side in the league, you would struggle to find any football fan that would argue with this including Everton fans.

Quite simply our team and setup were not up for this. We know what they are about destroy negative football, injuring the opposition, fouling stopping the other team playing.

We havent adapted or taken on board how they play. WHich is why its another 2 - 0 loss at home against one of the worst sides in the league.

And then apparently they should have had five penalties in the second half :mellow: .

There's not much more entertaining than City fans in pain :P .

Had a scan through the "Blue Moon" match thread....made me laugh :lol: . Eg...

And then apparently they should have had five penalties in the second half :mellow: .

There's not much more entertaining than City fans in pain :P .

Lol The way Phil Neville was goading the City fans at the end will take some beating!

This is the latest Zonal Marking blog offering:

Everton went ahead early on, and held on despite going down to ten men for the final half hour.

Roberto Mancini recalled James Milner to his starting line-up, playing him in a deep midfield role with Yaya Toure as the playmaker. Carlos Tevez started upfront.

David Moyes made two changes. Steven Pienaar was out, so Leon Osman played on the left, whilst Victor Anichebe started upfront rather than Louis Saha.

Everton started excellently. They kept the ball well and took the game to City, producing three good chances early on – two of which were converted.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/12/21/manchester-city-1-2-everton-tactics/

Extremely pleased with the way we started the game, we were completely ontop and in control of the game and deservedly got ourselves 2-0 up. We weren't overplaying it, we were just playing and we looked comfortable and under no pressure whatsoever really. I couldn't have been happier. However, I wasn't pleased with the way after we got 2 infront we just sat back and invited them onto us for the rest of the game. You don't do that against a side like City who have so many attacking threats, we've done it a few times this season and it's cost us points so I'm not sure why Moyes/the players thought that was the way to go. Especially when our defence has looked rather shakey this season, and at times as a collective unit they completely lost their shape last night but thankfully these things didn't cost us for a change. We got the lucky breaks we've been missing so far this season. Most of the players found their spirit again, which is another thing that has been missing this season. Players, instead of backing off, were throwing thrmselves infront of everything like their lives depended on it.

At the end of the day we got the points we so badly needed and it may have been a bit of a lucky win but a win is a win. Just don't get me close to having a heart attack next time blues eh?

We've got to follow this up with a victory on Boxing Day now, we need to build momentum and get multiple wins in a row, draws are no good now. Even though I thought Rodwell had a poor game I'm hoping Moyes will stick with the same team (apart from Vic obviously) but I feel certain he'll play Arteta instead :(.

Howard - I'm a critic of Howard but he was top quality, and we owe him a great deal of gratitude for what he did. Nothing was getting past him if he could possibly help it last night. My MOTM without a shadow of a doubt.

Neville - By far the poorest player on the pitch for us. His experience counted for absolutely nothing because he played like a schoolboy. We needed a cool head but he was constantly sitting deeper than the rest of the back four, hoofing to empty space, not tracking any of the City players, caused the defence to lose their shape by wandering around. All in all just a crap performance really.

Distin and Jags - I'm going to put them as a pair because that is the first time I can remember them being a proper partnership and actually working in tandem rather than as individuals. They were immense together and made block after block, stole the ball from their attackers, knocked Tevez about, made Balotelli look as shite as he really is. I do wish Distin wouldn't go on those marauding runs though, they're not good for the blood pressure!

Baines - He really has become one of my favourite players this season. We all know he's not as good defensively as he is going forward but he put a brilliant shift in in both departments in this game, you can't knock the lad. How cool was he with his goal too? And on his weaker foot? Just brilliant. Keep making Capello look like a dick Bainesy, it benefits us every week!

Coleman - Other than his assist for Cahill's goal I thought he was pretty much non-existent in the game.

Rodwell - I didn't think he had a good game in any way, shape or form tbh. He didn't help the defence out much, and was actually a hindrence at times by losing possession right infront of them by taking too much time on the ball or trying to be fancy by going past players instead of giving the ball to one of our players. And he didn't contribute anything I can remember attacking wise. He usually drifts in and out of games but last night he was just out of it.

Fellaini - Meh he was OK IMO, not brilliant but not bad either. He just didn't stand out for me really. He just kept it simple and didn't really get involved, but that was probably down to the stupid booking he got early on tbh.

Osman - Again, he didn't really stand out for me but it's not hard to see what a difference he made to the team overall. He's like a little terrier, he chases absolutely everything and it clearly rubs off on the rest of the lads coz while he's been missing so has that fight and determination in the team, but it was back against City.

Cahill - He was a warrior tbh. He didn't actually see much of the ball but it was everything else that he did that really mattered. He got a goal, he bullied their defenders and knocked them about, basically he lead by example and showed what playing for this club means to the players.

Anichebe - Started off well by chasing things down but then he became the lazy Anichebe we've come to expect. He just stopped chasing most things, barely jumped for a header, didn't use his supposed strength as much as he really should, and did plenty of arm raising to have a moan. He must have had a four leaf clover for luck though because in the build up to Baines' goal there was no way his pass was meant for Cahill, it was an overhit pass for Baines. A few more pieces of luck like that this season would be very nice!

Extremely pleased with the way we started the game, we were completely ontop and in control of the game and deservedly got ourselves 2-0 up. We weren't overplaying it, we were just playing and we looked comfortable and under no pressure whatsoever really. I couldn't have been happier. However, I wasn't pleased with the way after we got 2 infront we just sat back and invited them onto us for the rest of the game. You don't do that against a side like City who have so many attacking threats, we've done it a few times this season and it's cost us points so I'm not sure why Moyes/the players thought that was the way to go. Especially when our defence has looked rather shakey this season, and at times as a collective unit they completely lost their shape last night but thankfully these things didn't cost us for a change. We got the lucky breaks we've been missing so far this season. Most of the players found their spirit again, which is another thing that has been missing this season. Players, instead of backing off, were throwing thrmselves infront of everything like their lives depended on it.

At the end of the day we got the points we so badly needed and it may have been a bit of a lucky win but a win is a win. Just don't get me close to having a heart attack next time blues eh?

We've got to follow this up with a victory on Boxing Day now, we need to build momentum and get multiple wins in a row, draws are no good now. Even though I thought Rodwell had a poor game I'm hoping Moyes will stick with the same team (apart from Vic obviously) but I feel certain he'll play Arteta instead :(.

Howard - I'm a critic of Howard but he was top quality, and we owe him a great deal of gratitude for what he did. Nothing was getting past him if he could possibly help it last night. My MOTM without a shadow of a doubt.

Neville - By far the poorest player on the pitch for us. His experience counted for absolutely nothing because he played like a schoolboy. We needed a cool head but he was constantly sitting deeper than the rest of the back four, hoofing to empty space, not tracking any of the City players, caused the defence to lose their shape by wandering around. All in all just a crap performance really.

Distin and Jags - I'm going to put them as a pair because that is the first time I can remember them being a proper partnership and actually working in tandem rather than as individuals. They were immense together and made block after block, stole the ball from their attackers, knocked Tevez about, made Balotelli look as shite as he really is. I do wish Distin wouldn't go on those marauding runs though, they're not good for the blood pressure!

Baines - He really has become one of my favourite players this season. We all know he's not as good defensively as he is going forward but he put a brilliant shift in in both departments in this game, you can't knock the lad. How cool was he with his goal too? And on his weaker foot? Just brilliant. Keep making Capello look like a dick Bainesy, it benefits us every week!

Coleman - Other than his assist for Cahill's goal I thought he was pretty much non-existent in the game.

Rodwell - I didn't think he had a good game in any way, shape or form tbh. He didn't help the defence out much, and was actually a hindrence at times by losing possession right infront of them by taking too much time on the ball or trying to be fancy by going past players instead of giving the ball to one of our players. And he didn't contribute anything I can remember attacking wise. He usually drifts in and out of games but last night he was just out of it.

Fellaini - Meh he was OK IMO, not brilliant but not bad either. He just didn't stand out for me really. He just kept it simple and didn't really get involved, but that was probably down to the stupid booking he got early on tbh.

Osman - Again, he didn't really stand out for me but it's not hard to see what a difference he made to the team overall. He's like a little terrier, he chases absolutely everything and it clearly rubs off on the rest of the lads coz while he's been missing so has that fight and determination in the team, but it was back against City.

Cahill - He was a warrior tbh. He didn't actually see much of the ball but it was everything else that he did that really mattered. He got a goal, he bullied their defenders and knocked them about, basically he lead by example and showed what playing for this club means to the players.

Anichebe - Started off well by chasing things down but then he became the lazy Anichebe we've come to expect. He just stopped chasing most things, barely jumped for a header, didn't use his supposed strength as much as he really should, and did plenty of arm raising to have a moan. He must have had a four leaf clover for luck though because in the build up to Baines' goal there was no way his pass was meant for Cahill, it was an overhit pass for Baines. A few more pieces of luck like that this season would be very nice!

im not convinced it was either or to be honest it was just one of his normal balls across the box...if you notice every time he gets the ball on the wing he looks to play it along the ground to the edge of the area and it just worked this time..agree about the arm raisin all time that pissed me right off!

agree about rodwell too i mentioned that he lost the ball way too much just doesn't use his strength at all!

Only got to see the second half and tbh it was painful to watch, but thank god we held on and got the three points. Can we play one of the so-called 'big' clubs every week, please? We seem to step up a gear when we're supposed underdogs, if we could only combine the spirit we showed last night with some of the fancy-looking but ineffectual football we've played in other games this season, we'd be a real force.

Think team selection had a lot to do with it tbh. As has been stated elsewhere, Osman adds tons to the team in terms of fight and leadership, if Pienaar does end up going I think Ossie could be a ready-made replacement, they're very similar players, especially in terms of work-rate and attitude. No doubt Saha will start next game with Anichebe suspended, but he looks a different player coming off the bench, like he's got something to prove. I thought Vic played the selfless lone striker role well, he's never gonna score many goals but he looked better at linking up with the likes of Cahill and Baines than Saha has all season, and his red card was a fucking joke, yeah the second tackle was a bit late but the first was yellow was just a total disgrace, if the ref thinks that's even a foul he shouldn't be anywhere near a football pitch. God knows how we're gonna cope when Cahill goes to the Asia Cup, the man is a legend, I hope Moyes has got a totally different system in mind coz we just can't play that way without Timmy, no one can do the same job. Oh, and Arteta, hope you've got a good set of thermals lad coz the way the boys played last night, your arse is gonna be warming the bench for a while, no place in the starting XI for you on current form.

As an aside, are we the hardest team in the Prem? Minus 9 at Eastlands last night, and while all the Citeh nancy boys had their snoods on, how many of ours played in short sleeves!!?

Guys cant help but feel that u lot are never satisfied on here!! Have u not seen what we've been subjected to recently?? A home drubbing to West Brom and an absolutelyt awful draw @ Goodison to a toothless Wigan who have been more perforations that a Tetley teabag yet still we came away thankful for a point after hanging on in the last 20mins or more?!!

Last night was poles apart..... back to basics, quality counterattacking display and then closing out the game and really not giving a world XI too much of a sniff at the other end!! I understand we rode our luck a little but every man stood up to be counted, nobody shied away from the battle and in Baines and Cahill we had two absolute stand out outfield performers oozing with class and quality!!! To look at the player analysis from Romey, not for the 1st time it must be said.....I find myself asking.......maybe I was watching a different game!! Vic, Ossie, Rodders, Felli all played their part despite not having played all that much these last few weeks!! Im optimistic we can turn the corner.....A bit of recognition I think is the least the lads deserved!!

Marks View ......

"Cahill - He was a warrior tbh. He didn't actually see much of the ball but it was everything else that he did that really mattered. He got a goal, he bullied their defenders and knocked them about, basically he lead by example and showed what playing for this club means to the players".

. . . .

Watched it live last night and watched it again this morning, and for those reasons that Mark has already made he gets my vote.

I have many times been critical of Cahill in the past but i'm full of admiration for his performance last night, a number of times he was further upfield than Anichebe, but he was always back defending when we didnt have the ball.

Besides his excellent all round performance, and another goal, he also got an assist laying one on for Baines.

My MOTM vote deffo goes to Tim Cahill.

For the record before he got himself booked thought Fellaini showing glimpses of being back to his imperious and destructive best, snaffling out attack after attack!! He has the potential, the attributes and physical frame to dominate our midfield for years and years to come!! I think he is awesome but just wish he would cut that damn barnet!

To look at the player analysis from Romey, not for the 1st time it must be said.....I find myself asking.......maybe I was watching a different game!! Vic, Ossie, Rodders, Felli all played their part despite not having played all that much these last few weeks!! Im optimistic we can turn the corner.....A bit of recognition I think is the least the lads deserved!!

Good job I don't put my views up to have people lick my arse then isn't it?

Good job I don't put my views up to have people lick my arse then isn't it?

Mate absolutely.... wasnt actually alluding to you doin that or having a pop in the slightest just commenting on how I thought we played in comparison to previous weeks. Do take on board the quality of the opposition tbh and recognise that our game is much better suited to a backs to the wall, battling war of attrition than when we have to and are expected to take the game directly to stubborn and inferior opponents. This is where we notoriously struggle but after last night just dining out on the sweet taste of victory and in my eyes it was the manner of the win that meant so much!

Mate absolutely.... wasnt actually alluding to you doin that or having a pop in the slightest just commenting on how I thought we played in comparison to previous weeks. Do take on board the quality of the opposition tbh and recognise that our game is much better suited to a backs to the wall, battling war of attrition than when we have to and are expected to take the game directly to stubborn and inferior opponents. This is where we notoriously struggle but after last night just dining out on the sweet taste of victory and in my eyes it was the manner of the win that meant so much!

Fair point :celebrate: (sorry, just wanted to use an emoticon I haven't used before!).

Guys cant help but feel that u lot are never satisfied on here!! Have u not seen what we've been subjected to recently?? A home drubbing to West Brom and an absolutelyt awful draw @ Goodison to a toothless Wigan who have been more perforations that a Tetley teabag yet still we came away thankful for a point after hanging on in the last 20mins or more?!!

Last night was poles apart..... back to basics, quality counterattacking display and then closing out the game and really not giving a world XI too much of a sniff at the other end!! I understand we rode our luck a little but every man stood up to be counted, nobody shied away from the battle and in Baines and Cahill we had two absolute stand out outfield performers oozing with class and quality!!! To look at the player analysis from Romey, not for the 1st time it must be said.....I find myself asking.......maybe I was watching a different game!! Vic, Ossie, Rodders, Felli all played their part despite not having played all that much these last few weeks!! Im optimistic we can turn the corner.....A bit of recognition I think is the least the lads deserved!!

not sure why you think that? the right praise has been handed out and also the right criticism of the right players..neville had maybe his worse game in an everton shirt last night and although he was in the mix defendin too many times he allowed them in on goal..better finishin from city would have highlighted that more! everyone is delighted with the points that were so needed but we can't get carried away cos the next game at home is bigger in my eyes...it will show us if this team has the mentality to take the confidence from that performance last night and shove it down birmingham's throat..it's the kind of game we should dominate and the kind we usually fuck up

not sure why you think that? the right praise has been handed out and also the right criticism of the right players..neville had maybe his worse game in an everton shirt last night and although he was in the mix defendin too many times he allowed them in on goal..better finishin from city would have highlighted that more! everyone is delighted with the points that were so needed but we can't get carried away cos the next game at home is bigger in my eyes...it will show us if this team has the mentality to take the confidence from that performance last night and shove it down birmingham's throat..it's the kind of game we should dominate and the kind we usually fuck up

Have to concur that we have seen one too many false dawns for all of our liking Im sure, when it comes to our beloved EFC. Maybe thats why my euphoria at the result yesterday tinges my proverbial spectacles a light shade of rose when evaluating what I have just witnessed!!!

This season could and should have been one of real opportunity, the table tells its own story with so many struggling for consistency. Cant help but think this could be a pivotal season when you think about the comings and goings and how the team will evolve?! Who will replace Peanuts? The need then for both a left AND right sided midfielder. Heitinga?? Billy? Saha? Yakubu? Ageing Distin ( despite an immense performance last night ) Anichebe and Vaughan's futures? So many things to consider?! Sorry for wandering off topic but think DM has some interesting decisions to make!!!!

"Our club will probably do nothing about it because the FA are as corrupt as Fifa, this show respect for referee's campaign is a complete joke as we are just allowing referee's to walk over us and get away with anything and everything.

I have replayed the full 90 odd minutes of the game versus Everton and there is clear video evidence of Everton fielding 11 goalkeepers and a referee as corrupt as a leaking battery.

Hold your heads high City fans because there is nothing to feel down for, our players maybe guilty of an extremely poor first half handing two goals on a golden plate for Everton but they tried and tried their best to come back.

Sure we did not deserve to lose and Everton robbed us in broad daylight but that is whats wrong with parts of Great Britain highlighting Everton itself and all we can do is move on.

On the up side they gain nothing more than three points from it, we can only hope they get caught in a relegation fight for their lower than despicable team of Thierry Henry's and have a miserable end of year.

Referee Peter Walton has to go down in history as the worst ever Premier League referee after failing to award City rightful penalties, atleast three of the six handballs were as clear as clear glass. Atleast two Everton players should have been sent off, the other being Fellaini when he showed his studs on a City player a second time in the game.

If cheating is what makes them happy then so be it, video footage clearly shows who is right and who was wrong so we will leave it at that."

http://thisisourcitymanchester.blogspot.com/2010/12/cheating-everton-verdict-still-in-top.html

:rofl::rofl: .

"Our club will probably do nothing about it because the FA are as corrupt as Fifa, this show respect for referee's campaign is a complete joke as we are just allowing referee's to walk over us and get away with anything and everything.

I have replayed the full 90 odd minutes of the game versus Everton and there is clear video evidence of Everton fielding 11 goalkeepers and a referee as corrupt as a leaking battery.

Hold your heads high City fans because there is nothing to feel down for, our players maybe guilty of an extremely poor first half handing two goals on a golden plate for Everton but they tried and tried their best to come back.

Sure we did not deserve to lose and Everton robbed us in broad daylight but that is whats wrong with parts of Great Britain highlighting Everton itself and all we can do is move on.

On the up side they gain nothing more than three points from it, we can only hope they get caught in a relegation fight for their lower than despicable team of Thierry Henry's and have a miserable end of year.

Referee Peter Walton has to go down in history as the worst ever Premier League referee after failing to award City rightful penalties, atleast three of the six handballs were as clear as clear glass. Atleast two Everton players should have been sent off, the other being Fellaini when he showed his studs on a City player a second time in the game.

If cheating is what makes them happy then so be it, video footage clearly shows who is right and who was wrong so we will leave it at that."

http://thisisourcitymanchester.blogspot.com/2010/12/cheating-everton-verdict-still-in-top.html

:rofl::rofl: .

:rofl::rofl:

Shouldn't the corrupt refs be bought off by a club that actually has money? Maybe we should send some coaches over to the Eastlands and actually teach their squad what it means to block shots.... Their team is so unphysical, it's pathetic. I thought I was watching the USWNT... A great win for us, and hopefully we can use this win to turn our season around.

Edited by Quinn31