IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

People who put their seat back on the plane. Fucking arrogant cunts. The old coffin dodger in front of me on the plane a few days ago decided to put her seat back so that she was sitting on my fucking knees. As a natural response I started to dig my feet into her seat and kick her for the duration of the flight until she moved her seat back a few minutes later. Her husband wasn't impressed but I didn't really give a flying fuck.

It's not just 'planes, but coaches also. People feel with reclining seats, they have an obligation to just lean back and make themselves comfortable with little regard to individuals directly behind. Travel by train if you can, got more room to maneuver, but even then there's always a damn rush for the window seats, but it's a better option if you can make it.

TV blew up.... only 3 years old! waiting info from the manufacturers as to what happens next.

soddin crap weekend...

Can televisions feasibly do that, I mean blow up like that.

I've read things, but never been a live witness to such an incident in my defense. Doesn't sound like it's under warranty anymore, so looks as though no alternative but to purchase another model. Box sets may have an explosive incident, but maybe plasma screens are a safer option.

Can televisions feasibly do that, I mean blow up like that.

I've read things, but never been a live witness to such an incident in my defense. Doesn't sound like it's under warranty anymore, so looks as though no alternative but to purchase another model. Box sets may have an explosive incident, but maybe plasma screens are a safer option.

a circuit blew. It is under warranty (parts at least). It's an LED flat screen, even safer than plasma...

"safer" ?

Got to say, surprised I haven't endured an explosive set incident, as can what go wrong - will go wrong, but apart from a five inch black and white portable going down and letting smoke out, haven't had a proper TV incident. Tell a lie, a similar thing occured with a large color set a few years ago, but point being - no explosive incidents as of yet. I'm always a bit wary with electrical appliances.

the donovan thread still being commented on

Heh, did you ever participate on Grand Old Team

Donovan for breakfast, Donovan for Lunch, Donovan for supper, Donovan for a midnight snack etc. There's about 16,000 pages on the damn player and it's one reason why in the end, I eventually lost interest in the site.

only everton forum i've bothered with is this one dalziel..heard too much shite about the others

I "shopped around" once the OS closed in 2009. GOT irritated me in minutes. NSNO and Toffeeweb are ok, but once I found this place my mind was made up :)

back on topic - now I have a bloody cold just in time for my holiday and pulled a stitch out...

haven't you just been on holiday?!

yeah, but splitting my time off between the 2 families. 10 days (only 6 were work days) in the USA, 10 days in Cornwall with my family for my birthday :)

Nothing before that since Christmas, nothing after that (bar a long weekend in November to see my new niece/nephew) til Christmas :(

Having to pay bloody £396 to sort the electric windows on a shitty car that I don't even want. So pissed off right now. The car has cost me loads recently and I was looking forward to a nice weekend and all. Shite Peugeot 306!

I know the feeling... I was given a 2nd hand C4 picasso - spent around 2500 quid maintaining it in the past 12 months. Sounds ungrateful, since it was given to me, but its such a burden. Gets used once a month...

That said, its good for long distance journeys, heading off in it tomorrow to Cornwall for my birthday :)

That said, its good for long distance journeys, heading off in it tomorrow to Cornwall for my birthday :)

Enjoy the trip Matt, shame I'm not around.

Keeping on the car theme....went to pick up my pre booked Suzuki Jimny for the last week of the holiday and the previous renter had wrecked it (booked with a local company rather than a multinational so no replacement). The only thing I could get in the nearby resort was a Daewoo (though it's badged as a Chevrolet here) Matiz.....fucking hateful little thing that has zero power the moment you turn on the A/C, nowhere to put your left foot and the dashboard is in the middle of the car so you can't see it :angry:.

MORE BEER!!!

Enjoy the trip Matt, shame I'm not around.

Keeping on the car theme....went to pick up my pre booked Suzuki Jimny for the last week of the holiday and the previous renter had wrecked it (booked with a local company rather than a multinational so no replacement). The only thing I could get in the nearby resort was a Daewoo (though it's badged as a Chevrolet here) Matiz.....fucking hateful little thing that has zero power the moment you turn on the A/C, nowhere to put your left foot and the dashboard is in the middle of the car so you can't see it :angry:.

MORE BEER!!!

are those last 2 bits connected Mike?

Still might be able to meet up on the drive back, will be passing your way on the 3rd

also - hot weather sucks balls. in this case, seriously sweaty, sticky balls. BRING ON THE WINTER!

Edited by Matt

are those last 2 bits connected Mike?

Still might be able to meet up on the drive back, will be passing your way on the 3rd

also - hot weather sucks balls. in this case, seriously sweaty, sticky balls. BRING ON THE WINTER!

Shitty car = less driving = more beer (also saved me best part of €100 so more money for beer) :).

Still not sure what day we'll be home Matt, like I said going to see a mate in Kent once we get back to Gatwick and not sure how long we'll be staying, I'll try to let you know.

Shitty car = less driving = more beer (also saved me best part of €100 so more money for beer) :).

Still not sure what day we'll be home Matt, like I said going to see a mate in Kent once we get back to Gatwick and not sure how long we'll be staying, I'll try to let you know.

no worries mate :)