IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

Fucking commercials on all the damn time, around every six minutes now, and how the damn hell are you supposed to watch anything. When you go to switch channels to avoid them - lo and behold, more goddamn commercials on another TV station.

Seriously get upset about it, never used to be like this. It's worse now than it ever was.

Fucking commercials on all the damn time, around every six minutes now, and how the damn hell are you supposed to watch anything. When you go to switch channels to avoid them - lo and behold, more goddamn commercials on another TV station.

Seriously get upset about it, never used to be like this. It's worse now than it ever was.

Still infinitely better than your homeland though....

UK...

"On the commercial channels, the amount of airtime allowed by the UK broadcasting regulator Ofcom for advertising is an overall average of 7 minutes per hour, with limits of 12 minutes for any particular clock hour (8 minutes per hour between 6pm and 11pm)."

US...

"...a typical 30-minute block of time now includes 22 minutes of programming and eight minutes of advertisements - six minutes for national advertising and two minutes for local."

fuck all on bbc :lol:

to be honest i don't watch much tv

I make you right, there is nothing on the BBC, apart from Eastenders and Gardeners World, and who wants to watch that shit. The satellite channels for BBC are slightly better as they put on some worthwhile documentaries that don't appear on terrestrial television. ITV is the absolute worst for unmitigated shit awful viewing. Hate that channel and everything it entails, with a vengeance.

There's some poorly made eurotrash erotica from the 1980s on now most nights on some of the satellite stations, but seriously, won't be watching.

I make you right, there is nothing on the BBC, apart from Eastenders and Gardeners World, and who wants to watch that shit. The satellite channels for BBC are slightly better as they put on some worthwhile documentaries that don't appear on terrestrial television. ITV is the absolute worst for unmitigated shit awful viewing. Hate that channel and everything it entails, with a vengeance.

There's some poorly made eurotrash erotica from the 1980s on now most nights on some of the satellite stations, but seriously, won't be watching.

100% agree with that.

mike!

mike doesn't grind my gears :lol: just that he doesn't like the mention of big brother!

:P

Although I've got to say that seeing the trailers at least they've dropped that twat who's presented the last few series....so it'll be infinitely better (couldn't get any worse). The wife sometimes watches it so no doubt I'll be subjected to the odd bit :dry:.

Although I've got to say that seeing the trailers at least they've dropped that twat who's presented the last few series....so it'll be infinitely better (couldn't get any worse). The wife sometimes watches it so no doubt I'll be subjected to the odd bit :dry:.

Davina McCall or the gay fella?

:P

That's 10p :shaking fist:

$(KGrHqF,!n0E8VH06geIBPRq-7pGKw~~60_1.JP

Never seen a minute of Big Brother. All I can recognize, is one amount of useless, annoying and immaterial collection of individuals anyone could imagine. This awful piece of shit show, or whatever it is, has been underway for at least ten years now, so somebody must be watching, but I wouldn't give it the time of day.

Never seen a minute of Big Brother. All I can recognize, is one amount of useless, annoying and immaterial collection of individuals anyone could imagine. This awful piece of shit show, or whatever it is, has been underway for at least ten years now, so somebody must be watching, but I wouldn't give it the time of day.

12 years it's been going now I think. It actually seems quite good this year (even though I've not watched a minute of the show since 2006).