IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

Went to Plough Lane when they knocked us out of the cup. Dump!

In 1987? Was there too....certainly it was a dump in terms of top level stadiums but they outplayed us that day sadly. First time we'd lost in the cup outside Wembley since 1983 :(.

Yes, 1987 - was living in Birmingham at the time, had moved there with a previous employer back end of 1981, lots of Scousers/blues moved at same time so 5 of us went. Wouldn't say Wimbledon outplayed us, they definitely out-muscled us, route 1 stuff on a tiny pitch. Paul Wilkinson got our goal 1-3

Yes, 1987 - was living in Birmingham at the time, had moved there with a previous employer back end of 1981, lots of Scousers/blues moved at same time so 5 of us went. Wouldn't say Wimbledon outplayed us, they definitely out-muscled us, route 1 stuff on a tiny pitch. Paul Wilkinson got our goal 1-3

That's not how I remember it but I'm not going to argue over ninety minutes twenty six years ago :P.

women again

You got to marry them, to forget them

Shopping bags in Tescos are questionable, only ample room for a few items and own brand carriers retailing at £2-50. I didn't even bother. Thin as anything also, hardly what you'd describe as a robust shopping accessory.

One or two radio stations you couldn't avoid on air today. The most boring, irritating, nauseating and I couldn't think of any further adjectives, 'individuals' you just have a desire to smash repeatedly in the face, and the most awful shit 'music' and irritating commercial voiceovers that you'd do better to find in todays day and age. For a brief time, it was just about intolerable.

I.E. "Can we give a big wave to Sharon in Stevenage as she's just washed her car, so everyone toot your horn if you see her - love you dear..."

Horrible fucking snide individuals.

You got to marry them, to forget them

Shopping bags in Tescos are questionable, only ample room for a few items and own brand carriers retailing at £2-50. I didn't even bother. Thin as anything also, hardly what you'd describe as a robust shopping accessory.

One or two radio stations you couldn't avoid on air today. The most boring, irritating, nauseating and I couldn't think of any further adjectives, 'individuals' you just have a desire to smash repeatedly in the face, and the most awful shit 'music' and irritating commercial voiceovers that you'd do better to find in todays day and age. For a brief time, it was just about intolerable.

I.E. "Can we give a big wave to Sharon in Stevenage as she's just washed her car, so everyone toot your horn if you see her - love you dear..."

Horrible fucking snide individuals.

i'm not sure why but that had me in stitches!!

as for marriage...

fuck

that

Three times married now, two (messy) divorces

I don't see the humor in shopping bags. Only stating they were unsuitable and a poor supply by the store in question. But give them credit, people must recognize this and be forced to pay a lot of money for a special carrier, or simply take the whole purchase out to the car in the parking area but they must be making a profit from those fucking things. Lo and behold I wasn't aware of any of that annoying shit music and 'self radio' some companies insist on having, just peace and quiet and minimum discussion of other purchasers and store personnel.

What were they thinking ? Well done

Tesco "bag for life" which are perfectly decent are 10p :huh:.

thats what I was thinking. You can only get paper or the fancy bag-for-life bags here. Makes sense to use them anyway.

As for the radio nonsense - turn it off or put a CD on, quite simple really!

That was all they had available. Damn well would have purchased a reasonably priced carrier, in that there was none to be had. Was never going to pay extortionate money just for a more sturdy accessory, even if it did have some nice ladybirds on it. Was only a minor issue in any event but did question it.

I'm not in control (incidentally) of the garbage shit 'music' stores and establishments put on, in that - I have no say in what they decide to project. They think everyone who frequents their miserable premises are ketamine ravaged 'pikey' individuals, they probably enjoy that awful crap, but can be quite intolerable.

Mark Lawrenson.

He's like that annoying uncle who thinks he knows everything when he really knows nothing. And thinks he's funny with his sarky little comments every 5 seconds.

I just put something about him in the shoutbox and then read this :lol:. Couldn't agree more. You come across people like this from time to time in life.

It's better to meet them in the flesh because then you have the option to punch them.....sadly I've never had that opportunity :(.

Punch them ? You can be prosecuted for dropping a piece of fucking litter in todays day and age..

Say again, don't have a problem with Lawrenson. Recognize him as an integral part of the all conquering Liverpool side of the 1980s and played a pivotal part. I can't abide 95 per cent of fucking commentators and analysists in todays game, but Lawrenson sneaks into that minority where I don't have an issue with the individual in question.

I have to admit, as a part of instransigent characteristics, that early morning lightness is a significant concern but have noticed it's been getting darker/ lighter about ten/ fifteen minutes than a week ago - probably stating the obvious, but at least it's something. Moving on with the calendar year and into better territory, but it's still a difficult time.

Punch them ? You can be prosecuted for dropping a piece of fucking litter in todays day and age..

Say again, don't have a problem with Lawrenson. Recognize him as an integral part of the all conquering Liverpool side of the 1980s and played a pivotal part. I can't abide 95 per cent of fucking commentators and analysists in todays game, but Lawrenson sneaks into that minority where I don't have an issue with the individual in question.

I have to admit, as a part of instransigent characteristics, that early morning lightness is a significant concern but have noticed it's been getting darker/ lighter about ten/ fifteen minutes than a week ago - probably stating the obvious, but at least it's something. Moving on with the calendar year and into better territory, but it's still a difficult time.

so Kelly Brooke is nothing special and you think the jumped up kopite who talks constant shite is a decent commentator?! :blink:

so Kelly Brooke is nothing special and you think the jumped up kopite who talks constant shite is a decent commentator?! :blink:

Confederation Cup Final - Brazil vs Spain - Lawrenson compared the atmosphere and noise level in The Maracana to Anfield.................. I remain speechless..........

But the national stadium in Rio De Janeiro has lost some of it's appeal and vibrancy in recent years. It's not quite the arena that some will remember. Saw an article recently that when the english played there a week or two ago it was nothing like the atmosphere when the two teams played in the summer of 1984.

But even then, for Lawrenson to make an outrageous statement to compare the two venues, even if it has lost a little of it's former glory, it was still a regrettable thing to say. Still have no real animosity towards the individual in question

But the national stadium in Rio De Janeiro has lost some of it's appeal and vibrancy in recent years. It's not quite the arena that some will remember. Saw an article recently that when the english played there a week or two ago it was nothing like the atmosphere when the two teams played in the summer of 1984.

But even then, for Lawrenson to make an outrageous statement to compare the two venues, even if it has lost a little of it's former glory, it was still a regrettable thing to say. Still have no real animosity towards the individual in question

Do you 'deliberately' spell English without a capital letter, yet honour an ex redshite with one? :shaking fist:

I wouldn't know the vibrancy of the Brazilian stadium if I'd been tied up there for 6 weeks whilst being man humped face first by an over zealous Hippopotamus, to the tune of The girl from Ipanema. :dont know: