IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

Can appreciate the awful weather shit, but it's not going to last and will be October in a few weeks and dark and cold and there's nothing that nobody can do about it.

Can only spare a few moments today but as some may be aware, can't stand attention whores in any capacity, these miserable individuals that seem to have a desire to be center of fucking attention and will do whatever they can to see this end. Add to this, why the fuck was a match day thread inaugurated three weeks before the event in question. "I was bored / I had an intransigent desire to be the center of attention / I can't stop attention whoring / delete as applicable"

It's only going to manifest with relevant individuals as the season gets underway and these caliber of individuals get me angry - getting angry does the health no favors - I can't afford to take that chance. Fair enough if some people are goddamn bored or have little else underway, that don't make it so. I can't abide attention whores so today unfortunately had to go ahead with justified decisive actions.

I care little for subsequent responses.

Have you tried those electric cigarettes?

My wife got one for the airports on our holiday (frowned on on planes apparently). She got a high strength one on the basis that a big nicotine hit would mean she needed it less....coughed her guts up every time she used it but it sorted the craving. Milder one would probably have been better.

useless for me. I enjoy the taste, sensation. I'm lucky, it's never been the nicotine (honestly) but I enjoy a smoke

Ah, fair enough. It's just Mrs.Zoo's old man is on them and they're working great. I think he's stopped smoking for about 2 months now when before he went like a chimney. If you enjoy the smoke though I don't see the problem in doing it - free world an all :).

Ah, fair enough. It's just Mrs.Zoo's old man is on them and they're working great. I think he's stopped smoking for about 2 months now when before he went like a chimney. If you enjoy the smoke though I don't see the problem in doing it - free world an all :).

evertying in moderation mate. I smoke occasionally through the week, month. Good luck to him...

• 2 weeks later...

Watching the Solheim cup (female Ryder cup). All the hype The Americans give just winds me up! They've got American flags painted on their cheeks FFS!

Get in the hole!

Sit down you fat cunt

Enjoyed the fourballs last night/early hours this morning....all the hype, players telling the crowd to cheer, chants of "USA" and (like you said) that ubiquitous, ridiculous and infantile "Get in the hole!"

And we beat them 4-0 :P.

"Just" need three and a half points from the twelve singles for Europe's first ever win on US soil. Hopefully we'll get them early.

I don't have a bad word to say about Hoddle or Souness, except the latter scored against us in a cup final replay once, but that minor issue aside, simply recognize them as fine players of the game that reached almost legendary status.

I don't see what the flag painting nonsense has to do with anything. The english do that for international games and most soccer tournaments, as do the Scots and Irish you would imagine. Furthermore, the missed penalty issue seems good enough. If a player has a strike, it is saved, then it constitutes a 'missed' penalty, regardless of whether the goalkeeper saved, or it struck the frame of the goal or went wide or over. No much room for debate on that issue.

Furthermore, the missed penalty issue seems good enough. If a player has a strike, it is saved, then it constitutes a 'missed' penalty, regardless of whether the goalkeeper saved, or it struck the frame of the goal or went wide or over. No much room for debate on that issue.

completely disagree. its a simple matter of recognition, and semantics...

Edited by Matt

How could anyone feasibly read that quick.

Well I can only recognize that it's a pretty safe debate. If the player steps up, takes the shot, the goalkeeper makes a save - then it's a missed effort ?

Goalkeeper saves, the player has missed (the target). Yes it's been saved of course, but at the same time, missed. But we'll agree to disagree on this one.

How could anyone feasibly read that quick.

Well I can only recognize that it's a pretty safe debate. If the player steps up, takes the shot, the goalkeeper makes a save - then it's a missed effort ?

Goalkeeper saves, the player has missed (the target). Yes it's been saved of course, but at the same time, missed. But we'll agree to disagree on this one.

If Leighton Baines (or anyone) takes a free kick and it's saved by the 'keeper it's not, and is never described as, a miss, it's a save.

Why is a penalty any different? With Matt on this

Enjoyed the fourballs last night/early hours this morning....all the hype, players telling the crowd to cheer, chants of "USA" and (like you said) that ubiquitous, ridiculous and infantile "Get in the hole!"

And we beat them 4-0 :P.

"Just" need three and a half points from the twelve singles for Europe's first ever win on US soil. Hopefully we'll get them early.

Yeah, should be in the bag now! :P

Another thing is that not once have I seen an an American fan applaud a European player. Not when they come onto the tee, not if they play a good shot, nothing. Cunts.

Spell checkers that insist I don't know how to spell - because obviously the correct way to speak the English language is with an American accent. :dont know: :shaking fist:

They now try to claim our language as their own, by using 'English (US) and 'English (UK). Sorry chaps, but fook orf.

English is English, and does not have 'alternatives' - just mistakes ! :crying:

What do when you're in a flat share with someone who denies all countability of being such a filthy (to the point it is a health hazard) twat? Seriously, don't know whether I'm living with someone who believes their own lies or is just playing some fucked up game expecting me and my other flatmate to treat her like a princess and buy/clean everything. Her Dad needs a good kick in the nuts 26 years ago.

The building of more retail parks where (any) land is available. Seriously, as soon as an inch of land is free now, some miserable fucking individuals decide they have an obligation to build more stores and other commercial enterprises. These miserable fucks would build on their dying mothers if they knew who they were. What used to open land and innocent fields, now gets violated by more goddamn retail parks. Before long, it's going to get completely out of hand. It's one thing that genuinely upsets and irritates. I don't like changes or building work where it's unnecessary.