IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

OLD people driving. I'm talking about the silver-hairs who can barely reach the steering wheel now.

Depends how you define old. From a certain perspective, those of a certain age behind the wheel are safer drivers. Don't run red lights, go at a safe speed, not putting people in harms way etc. Not like some fucking balloons on the roads and freeways that turn a blind eye to the laws of the land and decide on their own rules as they go along. Got no sympathy with some who have accidents sometimes.

Having goddamn television commercials on every damn five minutes also caused serious irritation today. You turn off one channel to escape it, lo and behold, there's more of the fucking things on another TV station. I really could cause a serious incident sometimes.

Depends how you define old. From a certain perspective, those of a certain age behind the wheel are safer drivers. Don't run red lights, go at a safe speed, not putting people in harms way etc. Not like some fucking balloons on the roads and freeways that turn a blind eye to the laws of the land and decide on their own rules as they go along. Got no sympathy with some who have accidents sometimes.

Having goddamn television commercials on every damn five minutes also caused serious irritation today. You turn off one channel to escape it, lo and behold, there's more of the fucking things on another TV station. I really could cause a serious incident sometimes.

I did define it: "...silver-hairs that can barely reach the steering wheel" It's hard to be specific with age but you know them when you see them.

OLD people driving. I'm talking about the silver-hairs who can barely reach the steering wheel now.

My mother (pushing eighty) is one of them; I won't let her drive me anywhere because it's terrifying, but she won't stop. She's completely hopeless; would dismally fail a driving test. Think people should have to retake a test every few years once they hit a certain age personally.

The younger drivers are worse than the older ones it would be fair to argue in the bigger picture.

You don't see more senior types driving like idiots or putting people in harms way. Some fucking kids today need their licenses revoked for being a menace to society on the roads and streets. Not to tar everyone with the same brush, but certain elements only bring trouble to themselves.

My mother (pushing eighty) is one of them; I won't let her drive me anywhere because it's terrifying, but she won't stop. She's completely hopeless; would dismally fail a driving test. Think people should have to retake a test every few years once they hit a certain age personally.

Being in the car with them is the worst. They just become senile and can barely see over the wheel. I swear my grandmother has shrunk about half a foot.

The younger drivers are worse than the older ones it would be fair to argue in the bigger picture.

You don't see more senior types driving like idiots or putting people in harms way. Some fucking kids today need their licenses revoked for being a menace to society on the roads and streets. Not to tar everyone with the same brush, but certain elements only bring trouble to themselves.

What's in bold is incorrect. They just don't realize they are putting people in harm's way.

but I agree with the rest of your statement.

Bad as each other. You most certainly do see "senior types" driving like idiots! Slow and confused can cause every bit as much danger as testosterone fuelled adolescent.

The younger crowd is becoming more dangerous than ever given the texting-age. It seems like everyone is looking down at their phones while driving. I can't help but think that it will carry over to adulthood, and then their children will be looking down doing the same; subsequently, everyone will be texting and driving simultaneously.

I fail to see peoples flippant attitudes in serious circumstances sometimes. The silly animation thing/s just add insult to injury.

Hope you get well soon Matthew

Cheers DK

I'm sure Matt'll forgive me in time (inserts silly animation) :red hair DM: .

nothing to forgive mate

Drugs are knocking me on my ass, feel like im on mushrooms, but the bad version

Something that recently has got right up my nose, (always been a bit fed up with it) is Mobile Phones.

Not so much the ignorance of the folks that use them everywhere, although that is a bit irksome. It is more a case of them getting lost.

I bought what was back then a state of the art phone, lost it!

While I was in hospital a friend bought me a simple cheapish one so I could keep in touch. Got home and ... Lost it! Found the box of accessories for it but no phone. Then found the 'old' phone but can't find the box of accessories for it, AND now it is out of date as it hasn't been used in ages. I now have a mobile phone I can not use and a box of accessories that I have no phone to use with them.

Oddly I have never lost the house phone.

Fuck cell phones. I can remember the days when all you had for contact was a telephone directory, and even before that, carrier pigeons. Gets on the damn nerves when all you see is insignificant individuals out and about with their little mundane and insignificant conversations. Take those away now, and you steal their lifes blood.

Fuck cell phones. I can remember the days when all you had for contact was a telephone directory, and even before that, carrier pigeons. Gets on the damn nerves when all you see is insignificant individuals out and about with their little mundane and insignificant conversations. Take those away now, and you steal their lifes blood.

you can remember carrier pigeons?

Just how old are you? :P

some dickhead kid just threw a firecracker at my mate and her dog whilst driving past. If I find them, dont expect to see me on here anymore (unless I get internet from my isolated cell)

Those actions would be fully justified too.

You hear incidents like these sometimes, where 'idiots' go around in vehicles throwing objects out of windows at people going about their business. Why do they damn well do it ? Only going to be a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt.

Of course, catch up with these fucking morons and have a word or take a bite out of their face, and it's all apologies etc.

I hope you do find these individuals, and you do take actions. An eye for an eye sometimes with some people, and fuck the consequences. Some people deserve a throughout beating for their own good. Hope your friends weren't too badly shaken up in this senseless incident.

Something else that seriously ticks me off.......

My own fecking stupidity :crying:

As most of you know I have been a little bit unwell. Off work of course. Well I have been on SSP (Statutary Sick Pay) (about £70 a week.) So going deeper into the red was a unpleasant but expected. Saw how bad the RED numbers were and nearly shit myself. Found out today something I should have known already .... SSP stopped a few months ago and I have been living on FUCK ALL. No income at all.

I have some serious sorting out to do :crying:

Something else that seriously ticks me off.......

My own fecking stupidity :crying:

As most of you know I have been a little bit unwell. Off work of course. Well I have been on SSP (Statutary Sick Pay) (about £70 a week.) So going deeper into the red was a unpleasant but expected. Saw how bad the RED numbers were and nearly shit myself. Found out today something I should have known already .... SSP stopped a few months ago and I have been living on FUCK ALL. No income at all.

I have some serious sorting out to do :crying:

Sounds all wrong to me Rubes....I'd get down to the CAB if I were you.

On a slightly more trivial note.....people who pronounce "pasta" as if the first four letters are "past".

Been in touch with CAB for a few weeks Mike :)

Bloody disgrace then imo....your employees need to take a long hard look at themselves (and the government needs to look at the rules).

When I got seriously ill (nearly twenty years ago now) my employers were brilliant and paid me full wages for months....guess I was just lucky.

Purchasing an ink catridge from a store - only to find there's no ink inside the product. How can people make such fundamental errors. Guess I'll have to find the receipt and make a journey. Wrapped up in so much packaging you simply couldn't tell the difference at time of purchase. Think I'll go over to a laserjet, but not all up on fancy products, but maybe it'll be an improvement. But then they're much more expensive to run, but quality over quantity and all that.