IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

Kitbag!

First the things I bought in Everton One at the Southampton game they left the security tags on (alarm doesn't go off as I leave the store so they were probably being robbed blind all day)......so I email them with proof of purchase and they suggest I try getting them taken off at local shops. No joy, because of different systems. Then say send them back (with receipt) and they'll return with postage refunded, so I did....on 8th Jan via recorded delivery.

Several emails later they have "no record" of the return despite me clearly seeing on the Royal Mail site that they were signed for at 9.25am on 9th Jan (and having the name). All they had to do was remove the tags and return them ffs.

Grandson will be too big for the fucking things by the time they get back.....and Josh wants his shirt :shaking fist:.

everything today :shaking fist:

You can tell it wasn't such a bad day as the nonsense animation indicates.

Endured a worse day that you could ever have which I wish not elaborate on. Only to add, lessons have not been learned.

I do some stupid fucking things sometimes, but live and learn, is a phrase I can't seem to recognize.

And another thing....

(First a disclaimer; I watch no soaps, haven't for years and years and I've never in my whole life watched a single episode, or even a minute, of Coronation Street)

....I was in the car the other day and they were discussing this big death scene in Coronation Street (which by all accounts was handled very well) but they played the clip and interviewed the actress during the day when the episode was actually going to be aired that evening :dont know:. What's the point?

It doesn't really "grind my gears" because I really don't give a shit but soap storylines used to be closely guarded secrets didn't they? When did that change? I don't get it.....it's like buying a book and being told the ending in the prologue :huh:.

(It's actually the same with political speeches as well now......journos get transcripts up front and publish them before whatever sad clone of an MP it happens to be stands up to utter the words.....so we all know what he/she's going to say before he/she says it. The world is becoming a confusing place. Before long we're probably going to be told the football results at 3.00pm on a Saturday so we can decide whether to watch or not :unsure:)

And another thing....

(First a disclaimer; I watch no soaps, haven't for years and years and I've never in my whole life watched a single episode, or even a minute, of Coronation Street)

....I was in the car the other day and they were discussing this big death scene in Coronation Street (which by all accounts was handled very well) but they played the clip and interviewed the actress during the day when the episode was actually going to be aired that evening :dont know:. What's the point?

It doesn't really "grind my gears" because I really don't give a shit but soap storylines used to be closely guarded secrets didn't they? When did that change? I don't get it.....it's like buying a book and being told the ending in the prologue :huh:.

(It's actually the same with political speeches as well now......journos get transcripts up front and publish them before whatever sad clone of an MP it happens to be stands up to utter the words.....so we all know what he/she's going to say before he/she says it. The world is becoming a confusing place. Before long we're probably going to be told the football results at 3.00pm on a Saturday so we can decide whether to watch or not :unsure:)

Saturday 3.00pm Here are todays football results read by D J Campbell.

Cunts that block the aisles in the shops. Was in Tesco the other day and four walking abortions were having a chat in the middle of an aisle forming a perfect 'X' shape with their trolleys so that nobody could get past.

Should be illegal and punishable by slapping.

My sister (and mother) used to just pass me the trolley and stand back. I use them as a dodgem (or weapon of mass disruption) Surprised I have never been banned for bodies flkying with smashed ankles. Mind you afterwards I do studiously ignore howls of agony from people like this.

Nowadays I just park up and interrupt the conversation with comment such as "Those condoms you have bought are not so good and they doo look a bit large for the lad in your life"

You could simply avoid all the above by having your groceries delivered by Home shopping. See all those delivery drivers going around for respective companies ?, they're not steering around for the fun of it.

Retail issues aside, and on top of eveything else, goddamn commercials on every five minutes when trying to "watch" a program. - again

You could simply avoid all the above by having your groceries delivered by Home shopping. See all those delivery drivers going around for respective companies ?, they're not steering around for the fun of it.

Retail issues aside, and on top of eveything else, goddamn commercials on every five minutes when trying to "watch" a program. - again

There are alternative delivery methods for TV programmes too Dalziel.

There's no reason for anyone in the developed world to ever watch a TV advert again.....I've told you before to check the packaging for the little black thing with coloured buttons on it; you still haven't done it have you :shaking fist:?

Or you could stop being a lazy bastard and go to the shops yourself.

There are alternative delivery methods for TV programmes too Dalziel.

There's no reason for anyone in the developed world to ever watch a TV advert again.....I've told you before to check the packaging for the little black thing with coloured buttons on it; you still haven't done it have you :shaking fist:?

as what may have been mentioned before, and for the last time - You switch channels, lo and behold - more goddamn commercials

From one piece of shit TV station to another, they're all the same, and any viewing chances have become almost impossible by todays 'standards'. Fair enough the BBC don't feature them, but then don't watch those channels much, but say go to prefered choices (best of a poor lot) such as The Horror Channel, Sony Movies, 5USA, Film Four etc, one puts on a commercial break, you go to change, and what you have is more fucking advert opportunities on the next available channel. - You can try it yourselves sometime

Or you could stop being a lazy bastard and go to the shops yourself.

Anything but fucking lazy. Had a working life, made an effort, in fact walk a great deal (often too volatile to be in charge of a vehicle) but initial response was merely a suggestion to others that home delivery is an option if they wish to avoid certain individuals on shopping expeditions. It's no problem walking say two miles to a retail outlet to make a purchase if needs be for myself, been told beneficial in current circumstances, so maybe others can direct their lazy tags to those actual deserving. (Those who) Use a car for a five minute journey to grab some provisions for example.

as what may have been mentioned before, and for the last time - You switch channels, lo and behold - more goddamn commercials

From one piece of shit TV station to another, they're all the same, and any viewing chances have become almost impossible by todays 'standards'. Fair enough the BBC don't feature them, but then don't watch those channels much, but say go to prefered choices (best of a poor lot) such as The Horror Channel, Sony Movies, 5USA, Film Four etc, one puts on a commercial break, you go to change, and what you have is more fucking advert opportunities on the next available channel. - You can try it yourselves sometime

this is why I buy boxsets DK - watch what I want, when I want without adverts and at a time that suits me :)

this is why I buy boxsets DK - watch what I want, when I want without adverts and at a time that suits me :)

.....and why I use the Sky+ (other recording devices are available). That's what I meant DK......forget switching the channel. No reason on earth for anyone to watch "live" TV any more; record what you want, watch it when you want and zip through the ads at x32.

Don't know why it is, but when you go to search something or go to a link, and the page goes static and unresponsive, or even multiplies over and over, until you have no alternative but to close down. Such an instance happened again tonight. I try not to get irritated, it does the health no favors, but this has been a goddamn nuisance every now and again. All I wanted was to see the FA Cup draw, went to the nearest available information, found myself on a Brisbane newspaper of all things, and could do no more. Fuck this I'll find out by other means.

Hearing on a radio broadcast "Today is Monday January 27 2014" - which lo and behold, occured on Monday January 27 2014, of all things

Not only once, but on two or three other seperate occasions.

Like, I know what fucking day it is, all the relevant information, (I'd rather remain ignorant) so why the need for it. May be trivial or general information to some, but just would appear unnecessary.

You don't go into a goddamn store and hear an annoucement on the address system "You are making a purchase of lamb chops in Sainsburys Milton Keynes" - when you're in a damn Sainsburys store in Milton Keynes buying damn lamb chops.

All this on top of commercial breaks and voiceovers on a classical radio station which where the offensive statement/s derived in the first place

There were one or two other areas of concern today, but not worth the fucking arguement

London. We need to find a way to get rid of this shit hole as being part of England. Make it it's own country or a principality or something, a bit like The Vatican. It's sucking the life out of the rest of the country. Sick to the back teeth of hearing about the dump and the leeches who live and work there.

Kitbag!

First the things I bought in Everton One at the Southampton game they left the security tags on (alarm doesn't go off as I leave the store so they were probably being robbed blind all day)......so I email them with proof of purchase and they suggest I try getting them taken off at local shops. No joy, because of different systems. Then say send them back (with receipt) and they'll return with postage refunded, so I did....on 8th Jan via recorded delivery.

Several emails later they have "no record" of the return despite me clearly seeing on the Royal Mail site that they were signed for at 9.25am on 9th Jan (and having the name). All they had to do was remove the tags and return them ffs.

Grandson will be too big for the fucking things by the time they get back.....and Josh wants his shirt :shaking fist:.

Finally got this sorted today (via Alan Myers) and got a bit extra thrown in as compensation.....but a joke of a service from KItbag unless/until you find a way of getting to someone in authority.....it's been more than three weeks and I have seven named individuals who promised to sort it for me (plus another couple who I spoke to on the phone whose names I didn't get); none of them ever got back to me at all.

A lot of stuff really miffs me, great and small. Here's a partial list off the top of my head:

Jerk-off clueless rednecks who don't use turn signals

Multiple magazine subscription inserts per issue

People who own dogs and treat them like shit

The fact that in 1975 no one had to pay for television but in 2005 we do

Deviations from my regular bowel movement schedule

Flying, airports, airlines, the whole frickin concept of air travel

Youthful insouciance

Sanctimonious old farts

Misplacing items that I carry regularly (keys, wallet)

Being lectured about "this is good wine/beer...here's why"

Over-packaged store-bought items (why wrap it in cellophane, encase it in carboard, seal it in plastic, then send it home in a bag...why?)

Pointless and redundant iTunes updates

Devaluation of electronic items 6 months after I purchase them

The fact that we haven't eradicated the Taliban

Having different electrical outlets across different continents

Pointless paperwork at all levels

Webpages that load videos automatically

Endless options when buying something as simple as KFC. Still, I recently figured out a solution....

Over the speaker: "Would you like traditional or boneless chicken?"

Me: "You sell boneless chicken? Do you realize how cruel that is? Those poor chickens flop around uncontrollably and must be kept in small cages for their own good. I can't believe you choose to work for a company that sells boneless chicken."