IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

The BBC's Dan Roan really irritates me.

His type of coverage is what I think the BBC shouldn't be. I can expect it from the profit-driven businesses who need to create their own stories to boost further sales, but I don't expect it from the BBC whose mission it should be is to actually bring news. It's just shit-stirring.

Some tweets from today: "To Thorp Arch training ground to try and ask crisis club Leeds United's players how they feel about not being paid this month" and "To David Moyes press conference where he'll be asked about planes & protests - could be interesting", and now he's posting photographs of a plane chartered to have a banner with a message aimed at David Moyes".

Forgetting the Fulham game was a Sunday lunchtime kick off and agreeing with my daughter to take wife out for lunch with her as it's Mother's Day :dry:.

Table is booked for 1.00pm so they might have to eat quickly :lol:.

Made even worse by the fact my taste buds/salivary glands are still fucked so I don't even get to eat :(.

Responding to a thread and trying to say, No - wanting to say - your true feelings, and in the end editing out any fucking reply, because -

# Someone may take offense

# It (maybe) won't fit in with the pattern of previous responses

# Despite legitimate concerns and viewpoints, it (maybe) won't fit in with many others perspectives.

I don't know when this name became so soft

Responding to a thread and trying to say, No - wanting to say - your true feelings, and in the end editing out any fucking reply, because -

# Someone may take offense

# It (maybe) won't fit in with the pattern of previous responses

# Despite legitimate concerns and viewpoints, it (maybe) won't fit in with many others perspectives.

I don't know when this name became so soft

Why let three 'legitimate' reasons for not replying stop you.........never bothered you in the past.

Could it be you've discovered 'tact' !

Goddamn discovered something, and not sure I want it..

Had to do another edit in the general club section, but it's still saved, so probably go ahead and submit anyway, no sense in holding back any frustrations. Who gives a fuck what people think.

Only to add the recent weather has been almost intolerable. Sudden burst of summer almost out of nowhere and temperatures in the 60s, while only a few days back there were gray skies, some rainfall and even some mist for good measure. And all this with the thermometer not above 10 C

Lo and behold the fucking times "had" to change at the weekend - lose an hour, gain an hour, clocks forward, clocks back, some other unnecessary fucking nonsense - and what used to be dark at 6 pm only a few short weeks ago, now stays light until almost eight on a clear day. I can't go through another year of a goddamn summer.

All they had to do was just leave the fucking times as they are, no messing around, no 'daylight saving time' shit (what is it we're supposed to be saving) and this in the simplest terms, has added extra depression and concern. Would do anything to go back to last September for so many reasons and now arrived at a time, seem unable to recognize. If I make it through another fucking summer, can only realize it won't be long before the fall once more and back to some idea of a comfort zone. (and then get upset again). No sense in lying - it's going to be an uphill struggle more than ever.

Guest Nikica

Goddamn discovered something, and not sure I want it..

Had to do another edit in the general club section, but it's still saved, so probably go ahead and submit anyway, no sense in holding back any frustrations. Who gives a fuck what people think.

Only to add the recent weather has been almost intolerable. Sudden burst of summer almost out of nowhere and temperatures in the 60s, while only a few days back there were gray skies, some rainfall and even some mist for good measure. And all this with the thermometer not above 10 C

Lo and behold the fucking times "had" to change at the weekend - lose an hour, gain an hour, clocks forward, clocks back, some other unnecessary fucking nonsense - and what used to be dark at 6 pm only a few short weeks ago, now stays light until almost eight on a clear day. I can't go through another year of a goddamn summer.

All they had to do was just leave the fucking times as they are, no messing around, no 'daylight saving time' shit (what is it we're supposed to be saving) and this in the simplest terms, has added extra depression and concern. Would do anything to go back to last September for so many reasons and now arrived at a time, seem unable to recognize. If I make it through another fucking summer, can only realize it won't be long before the fall once more and back to some idea of a comfort zone. (and then get upset again). No sense in lying - it's going to be an uphill struggle more than ever.

It's interesting that you say this - I was reading arguments against daylight saving etc a few weeks back. Apparently a lot of people share your opinion i.e. they'd rather the clocks didn't change at all.

I used to prefer winter but I've had some issues which mean I am glad summer is here. Putting it vaguely I've been having some panic attacks and for some reason I feel better having them when it's light than dark. I know that seems strange but it's part of my psychology right now.

Hope you feel better soon anyway mate.

windows!

I run Windows XP it is no longer being updated and I have to get Windows 8. My computer can not be upgraded so I need a new computer.

Bastards :shaking fist:

Bugger

Now I have got BT Infinity I have been told that XP is not up to the task anymore so my connection (very fast and excellent in most respects) is likely to keep dropping out until I upgrade.

My computer can not upgrade :(

Guest Nikica

Bugger

Now I have got BT Infinity I have been told that XP is not up to the task anymore so my connection (very fast and excellent in most respects) is likely to keep dropping out until I upgrade.

My computer can not upgrade :(

Get Linux Ubuntu mate. It's free and open-source - I've had it for 18 months and will never go back to Windows. I have Infinity on here and I'm getting 60 meg plus consistently.

http://www.ubuntu.com/download

Edited by Nikica

Footballers pointing at the ball after committing a foul or at one of their team mates after scoring a goal.

After nearly splitting someone in two, followed by a quick scissor/pincer movement round the neck with the thighs causing the ball to roll away but leaving the player choking for air on the ground, they point at the ball with a "Look ref! It's a ball! Great big fucking round thing rolling round all on its own! Unbelievable isn't it! It's right there, look! You what? You're booking me/sending me off!? Ah you bastard! Can't you see I'm pointing, here?"

After scoring a goal, usually a tap in following a pass from a team mate, point and run towards him, angrily shoving other team mates aside, with that "You cheeky little minx" face on, specially reserved for the passer. Chelsea's players (and Suarez) do this a lot.

The other hand gesture we seem to be adopting is 'The Italian' - thumb, forefinger and second finger on each hand pinched together and shake them slightly backwards and forwards - this is reserved for moments of extreme disappointment, for example when your wanker of a team mate didn't pass to you to tap in to an open goal, therefore denying you the use of the point and minx face as a result, or perhaps after your 63rd foul of the game and the ref has had enough after booking you earlier and giving you 52 chances since and now decides to send you off - do The Italian and remind the ref that you "know people".

Arseholes!

Say you go shopping or into a department store, or general (well recognized) retail establishment, and playing some awful fucking music over the address system. This has really come to the fore in recent years, with significant regret.

Some of that awful shit like any given boy-band nausea that's a dime a dozen today and can't recognize one from the other or fuck knows what other atrocities they can find to put on. Don't provide any of that 'atmosphere' garbage - it's a damn fucking nuisance - and only serves to deviate away from what you're trying to purchase.

Sometimes it's on so loud you can't even think rationally (which is often these days)

Simple scenario - go into a store, discard of all your shit music selections, and just let the customer go about their business without having your ears violated from some unmitigated crap you can find to put on.

When the fuck did this even commence ? About ten / twelve years back, don't recall such an issue.

Eletrical fitting manufacturers.

I had to replace a two gang 1 way light switch earlier. In the original, there were six terminals - two COM, two L1 and two L2. In the replacement, there are also six terminals - two L1, two L2 and two L3. So, is it as simple as COM being renamed to L3? No. Old COM is now L1, Old L1 is now L2 and Old L2 is now L3. More confusing than you'd think.

• 2 weeks later...