IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

I went back the shop twenty minutes ago and the lad said the police came, stayed for an hour then another car came and they took the kids away.i don't want anyone to lose their kids and I've been wrestling with my conscience over this for a while now but I'm of the belief that as a responsible adult it's my duty to make sure those kids are safe. We live in a civilised world and kids begging for food because they are starving and dressed like ragbags in filthy clothes is just not on there is no excuse for it.

Maybe the Mum is really struggling, maybe she can't cope, maybe she just doesn't give a fuck but whatever the reason those kids are better off in care where they're safe and if the mother needs help she can now hopefully get it. If she doesn't give a fuck then she doesn't deserve to have them.

They could have been snatched and molested , hit by a car , abused or anything.

I'll genuinely not sleep tonight with this weighing on my mind. Some people are fucking wrong.

Promotional advertising on DVDs and Blu-rays for other products.

I bought The Raid 2 on Blu Ray, before I can even get to the main menu to play the film, there are five trailers and a snickers advert. I've bought the film, let me watch it without bombarding me with me advertisements.

Promotional advertising on DVDs and Blu-rays for other products.

I bought The Raid 2 on Blu Ray, before I can even get to the main menu to play the film, there are five trailers and a snickers advert. I've bought the film, let me watch it without bombarding me with me advertisements.

Have to agree with you on this.

Nothing worse than putting something like that on and settling down all comfy to be blasted with 15 minutes of adverts.

Seriously annoying!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Laptop has been on the blink.. it's took nearly two days to get everything back how it was.

My laptop keeps going "black screen". Shut down for a while it works again but I get an increasing black spot in the lower right corner of the screen, and the area gets very hot.

See on the 'net that it's a pretty standard fault, annoying nonetheless to decide whether to fix a five year old machine or buy a new one (rather stay with Windows 7).

Also, "broadband" speed at my in-laws where I am at the moment amounts to 0.32 MBS, I just did a check, crazy. But it is pretty remote, home tomorrow (in time for the game).

Getting a new screen and keyboard, which is a bit sticky (insert smutty joke here) fitted next week for £97 which I thought was reasonable :).

On topic; the fact that I now hate curry! Been my favourite meal for thirty-five years and now even the mildest one is disgusting, tried again last night and it went in the bin :crying: .

It doesn't sound unreasonable Mike. Is it a local company or are you sending off your laptop?

Local bloke working from home who's been recommended to me, so it'll be done in a day.

Was tempted to try to do it myself; screen is about £40 on ebay and keyboard another tenner, but decided against risking it. 95% sure I could do it having researched online but if I fucked it up somehow wife would kill me :lol:.

Me too. In all honesty, I've never wanted any Apple products, they suck ass.

Can't agree with that one bit. They might not be your cup of tea but they don't suck ass. Have owed Apple, Microsoft, Linux and I stick with Apple. Not the technologically superior item, but I don't get viruses (had a couple PCs actually destroyed and not useable due to them) and it's stupid simple to use. Works, don't have dreaded blue screens and freezes.

I can respect that other people like other OS and hardware, but Apple aint shit. Not a fanboy, just an user.

Can't agree with that one bit. They might not be your cup of tea but they don't suck ass. Have owed Apple, Microsoft, Linux and I stick with Apple. Not the technologically superior item, but I don't get viruses (had a couple PCs actually destroyed and not useable due to them) and it's stupid simple to use. Works, don't have dreaded blue screens and freezes.

I can respect that other people like other OS and hardware, but Apple aint shit. Not a fanboy, just an user.

I've had nothing but issues with Apple not to mention their inflexibility in terms of software etc.

Yes, they are easy to use, as are all smartphones. I still don't see how they justify being more expensive when they are so inflexible. I've had plenty of crashes with 3Gs and 4Gs, iPad too. Just as with a BSOD, reboot and all is well.

I seriously dislike them and would much rather touch another Apple product again, given the chance.

I've had nothing but issues with Apple not to mention their inflexibility in terms of software etc.

Yes, they are easy to use, as are all smartphones. I still don't see how they justify being more expensive when they are so inflexible. I've had plenty of crashes with 3Gs and 4Gs, iPad too. Just as with a BSOD, reboot and all is well.

I seriously dislike them and would much rather touch another Apple product again, given the chance.

you must be an outlier or their european grade stuff doesn't work well. all my friends here and wife have iPhones and macs and no problems. my computer (that i'm typing on now) is 6 years old, no problems of issues, just works.

yeah i get the software thing, apple is basically the simple man's compute, if you want software flexibility, programmability get a microsoft machine. that's what they are all about, compatible with everything. those new surface pro look nice.

The increased cost of living when moving to a larger city.

Bumber-to-bumber traffic.

Sympathise TR; I'm long out of those problems now but remember them well.

Needs must though sometimes; you have to go through tough bits to secure the good stuff long term (don't mean to sound like your dad :lol:).

Sympathise TR; I'm long out of those problems now but remember them well.

Needs must though sometimes; you have to go through tough bits to secure the good stuff long term (don't mean to sound like your dad :lol:).

I agree with you there, Mike.

I'm apartment hunting right now... another thing that is grinding my gears at the moment.