IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

OK I thought I had explained this. LOL

I was on my way into work at the airfield , coming the otherway was a vehicle towing a trailer, On the traler was this boat, except it wa not on the trailer as we passed each other it was in my bloody car!

I nearly shit my pants but thought the damage was only slight at first. Obviously I was wrong, front side and windows all buggered up. Good job it wasn't my old Passat or it would have come through the windscreen and taken my head off. BUT the loss of my new car makes me want to kill something.

Had an appointment at a Hospital in Windsor. I know parking is a nightmare (only about 100 spaces) and my appointment letter advised against driving and recommended public transport. However, from Maidenhead this is not a viable option. I decided to go by taxi which cost me £15 each way. When I arrived at the Hospital there were only about six cars in the car park. All the departments were closed except the one I was attending. :shaking fist:

Had an appointment at a Hospital in Windsor. I know parking is a nightmare (only about 100 spaces) and my appointment letter advised against driving and recommended public transport. However, from Maidenhead this is not a viable option. I decided to go by taxi which cost me £15 each way. When I arrived at the Hospital there were only about six cars in the car park. All the departments were closed except the one I was attending. :shaking fist:

Hope all is well, John!

TonkaRoost, thanks. Got a small blemish on my cheek which I can't get rid of. Having it taken off to be on the safe side. The Doc asked me if I spent a lot of time in the sun. I told her that I spent two years in Singapore and Malaya during my National Service but the sun doesn't shine much in the jungle. :D

Latest news on the car Insurance will not pay for repair as it is too costly. They will send me money and scrap the car. :crying: :shaking fist:

So I can have some money but the car is gone, How in hell do I get another car like it? nearest one to it in spec is 195 miles away. AND it costs more than I am getting. Bar Stewards the lot of them

Latest news on the car Insurance will not pay for repair as it is too costly. They will send me money and scrap the car. :crying: :shaking fist:

So I can have some money but the car is gone, How in hell do I get another car like it? nearest one to it in spec is 195 miles away. AND it costs more than I am getting. Bar Stewards the lot of them

What are you looking for Rubes?

On topic I got fitted with one of these a few days back.

omotrain.jpg

That is a picture of me wearing it, honest :P.

How do women wear bras? It's so annoying.

What are you looking for Rubes?

On topic I got fitted with one of these a few days back.

omotrain.jpg

That is a picture of me wearing it, honest :P.

How do women wear bras? It's so annoying.

I had and am looking for a VW Sharan but one with specific specs to suit my needs

Come on Mike That is a photo of Mrs O taken surreptitiously isn it?

Get a bike, Rubes! :)

Two reasons why not Louis.

1/ I keep falling off them :dont know:

2/ My"new" skin tears easily and the first I know is a nasty itch and a lot of blood :major overreaction alert:

Footballers looking upwards, pointing at the sky and mumbling.

Footballers praying on the pitch either with or without their fingers and thumb pinched together. If you need to do it that badly, get it out of the way before you come out you self-seeking twat! Muslims are particularly bad for this, including turf sniffing with their arse in the air if they score.

Footballers looking upwards, pointing at the sky and mumbling.

Footballers praying on the pitch either with or without their fingers and thumb pinched together. If you need to do it that badly, get it out of the way before you come out you self-seeking twat! Muslims are particularly bad for this, including turf sniffing with their arse in the air if they score.

Which Muslims exactly?

I agree with the general point because it annoys me (eg Pienaar's "God is great" vest) but it's majorly a Christian thing as far as I can see.

Can't recall a single incident of a Muslim player doing what you suggest.

Bought a new mains lead for the laptop off Ebay from a "UK SELLER!" Doesn't work so look at the small print and it says returns are at buyers expense. More than a little annoying but then find return address is in China, which is even more annoying. Bastards.

Lodged a dispute :dry:.

Which Muslims exactly?

I agree with the general point because it annoys me (eg Pienaar's "God is great" vest) but it's majorly a Christian thing as far as I can see.

Don't fret, Mike. Demba Ba and Papiss Demba Cisse are a couple you could look out for. Ba currently plays for Besiktas, who we may yet play this season and you can look out for Cisse once he returns from his latest spitting ban, following his recent elbowing Coleman ban. Do also forgive the omission of the acute on Cisse's e.

Don't fret, Mike. Demba Ba and Papiss Demba Cisse are a couple you could look out for. Ba currently plays for Besiktas, who we may yet play this season and you can look out for Cisse once he returns from his latest spitting ban, following his recent elbowing Coleman ban. Do also forgive the omission of the acute on Cisse's e.

That's two Muslim examples against endless parades of Christians doing it, hence I don't understand why you say Muslims are particularly "bad" for it. Why would a missing accent bother me :huh:? I don't have a French keyboard either.

Which Muslims exactly?

You didn't watch the Algerian team in the World Cup, did you? Mind you, I was pleased for them, and I have absolutely no problem with it.

Traveling recently to Europe and spending three days in Britain, I had forgotten just how much I hate air-blowing hand dryers. Why ever can't we have paper towels in the bathrooms at Heathrow, which are quicker, more hygienic, and can be recycled? Before landing in Britain, I attended the Mobile World Congress in Spain. In each of the eight halls, the bathrooms all had both paper towels and air dryers. Not once, in three days, did I ever see anyone use an air dryer. So, not only are there health and speed benefits to paper towels, they are clearly everyone's strong preference. Why do we let government bureaucrats dictate our lives in this way?

Plus, the bathrooms in Heathrow are absolutely disgusting. They should take a leaf out of Charlotte airport in the US. In each airport bathroom, they have a smartly dressed attendant who cleans each toilet immediately after use. He keeps a jar on the counter, and patrons put money in the jar when he does a good job. I always tip when I have cash in my pocket, and I'm sure others do too. It's worth it so you don't have to face disgusting sights in half the cubicles and the awful stench of urine when approaching the bathroom area.

Edited by Cornish Steve

What is it with me and f***ing cars?

Have a car a month and it is written off by a boat coming through the side, and now I have this new one a week and a suicidal crow has wiped out my side mirror. :shaking fist:

Maybe I should give up and walk? :67: :shaking fist:

Trying to organise a meal for around ten people when that number fluctuates daily. Asked by one person to make it late 'cause they have work only for the chosen time to clash with someone else's plans. Finding out that someone who is going only for it to be vetoed by another person. :shaking fist:

Bought a new mains lead for the laptop off Ebay from a "UK SELLER!" Doesn't work so look at the small print and it says returns are at buyers expense. More than a little annoying but then find return address is in China, which is even more annoying. Bastards.

Lodged a dispute :dry:.

Got a refund from Ebay after no response from the seller.

Back on thread, noticing I've got a nail in one of the new tyres I put on the car just a few weeks back :dry:. Do people do puncture repairs any more or will I need a new one anyone know? It's not deflated at all.

Back on thread, noticing I've got a nail in one of the new tyres I put on the car just a few weeks back :dry:. Do people do puncture repairs any more or will I need a new one anyone know? It's not deflated at all.

Too near the tyre wall to repair so I needed another new one :(. Nice bit of Gerrard based banter with the red father and son that run the garage though, proper fans who go up when they can as opposed to the "plastic" majority down here. That was fun.

Too near the tyre wall to repair so I needed another new one :(. Nice bit of Gerrard based banter with the red father and son that run the garage though, proper fans who go up when they can as opposed to the "plastic" majority down here. That was fun.

Sorry I could have helped you with this but I've only just seen it.

If you want advice from someone who used to have a business that involved owning and maintining 17 vehicles NEVER put brand new tyres on your car. You curb it, get a puncture by the wall (which you have) the brand new tyres ruined.

Part worns or at best remoulds. Get 4 at the same time. When the front are getting a bit low, swap them with the back once they're really low the back wil of worn evenly. Rinse and repeat every time.

Mdepending on the size of your wheels say 16" you can get 4 part worns for £80 they'll last you 12-18 months minimum.

On average your yearly tyre bill will be about £60.

It works, I promise you.

Sorry I could have helped you with this but I've only just seen it.

If you want advice from someone who used to have a business that involved owning and maintining 17 vehicles NEVER put brand new tyres on your car. You curb it, get a puncture by the wall (which you have) the brand new tyres ruined.

Part worns or at best remoulds. Get 4 at the same time. When the front are getting a bit low, swap them with the back once they're really low the back wil of worn evenly. Rinse and repeat every time.

Mdepending on the size of your wheels say 16" you can get 4 part worns for £80 they'll last you 12-18 months minimum.

On average your yearly tyre bill will be about £60.

It works, I promise you.

a guy i used to work with does this as well. the roads are really bad where i live so once my tires go i'm doing the same.