IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

Now, my insurance company want to put up my premium to £514 (from around £300) because someone drove into me in a car park, when I was parked. When I have "protected" no claims discount :dont know:.

Just did a quick "compare the market" and I got a cheapest quote of £150 but going for Hastings "Premier" which is low (£100) excess and includes comprehensive breakdown plus courtesy car etc etc for £220.

Phoned my existing company to see if they'd move but they wouldn't budge, "because of the claim". I asked what the point of protected no claims was and he just waffled. Idiots.

And now I find out why.

On the "Claims and Underwriting Exchange" which is "a database of insurance claims shared by insurance companies to help check customer claims and prevent fraud" I'm registered as being "at fault" for the incident. For sitting still in a car park space while someone drove into me. How careless was I?!

​Can see this one running and running, can't be arsed tonight but more fun on the phone tomorrow.

The database also, just to add salt, has a record of a claim by me from 2014 for an accident at a junction. This one wasn't my fault happily, not surprising really as it never happened (well not to me anyway, I've had my identity stolen in the past and been arrested on the back of it, can't have happened again surely). My head's going to explode.

And now I find out why.

On the "Claims and Underwriting Exchange" which is "a database of insurance claims shared by insurance companies to help check customer claims and prevent fraud" I'm registered as being "at fault" for the incident. For sitting still in a car park space while someone drove into me. How careless was I?!

​Can see this one running and running, can't be arsed tonight but more fun on the phone tomorrow.

The database also, just to add salt, has a record of a claim by me from 2014 for an accident at a junction. This one wasn't my fault happily, not surprising really as it never happened (well not to me anyway, I've had my identity stolen in the past and been arrested on the back of it, can't have happened again surely). My head's going to explode.

You're having quite the run at the moment aren't you?!

You're having quite the run at the moment aren't you?!

It's a tester; come back off holiday all relaxed and rested; Josh hasn't burnt the house down so that's all good, then it's coming at me from all angles.

Ah well, what doesn't kill you just takes a few years off your life I guess.

Did I mention my brother phoned today and told me my mum is suffering from heart failure? Unsurprising given her age and controllable apparently but still not you want to hear. On the bright side if she dies and leaves me some money I'll be able to insure the car :mellow:.

It's a tester; come back off holiday all relaxed and rested; Josh hasn't burnt the house down so that's all good, then it's coming at me from all angles.

Ah well, what doesn't kill you just takes a few years off your life I guess.

Did I mention my brother phoned today and told me my mum is suffering from heart failure? Unsurprising given her age and controllable apparently but still not you want to hear. On the bright side if she dies and leaves me some money I'll be able to insure the car :mellow:.

How many mirrors have you broken lately?

How many mirrors have you broken lately?

No problem really, I can take it. You just have to laugh and look on the bright side; my mum's at the stage now where she actually would quite like to die and has no fear of it. She's quite eager to see what happens next. Car stuff gives me the chance to get angry with jobsworths on the phone tomorrow which is always fun.

Car not starting btw was just the starter motor fuse. Means I need a new SM according to the guy because if it's blown once it'll happen again but I'll have a word in my local garage tomorrow, needs a service anyway.

And Marco, stubbing the same toe twice in one day is plenty to get cross about. Problems are relative, that would annoy the shit out of me also. I'd probably punch an insurance salesman if I could find one.

Trapped nerve and slipped disk in my lower back. So grumpy and tired but then painkillers are gooooooooood!

Expect my posts to be even more nonsensical or (apologies in advance) less patient/rude.

turns out its 2 trapped nerves but no slipped disc got new exercises which flipping hurt but make a massive improvement.

Mike, I don't know who you pissed off mate, but seriously! This run has to end, doesn't it?!

• 2 weeks later...

Double whammy today

I was late getting to bed ( I am on late shift this week) First thing this morning I was woken by insistant ringing of the doorbell.

Engineer came to fix my heater but he was supposed to call in advance...... ugh :dry:

Second part of this doublw whammy was last night. Got out of work at about 1 am. so not wanting to cook at that time of night/morning, and all the chippies being closed, I went to the Truckstop. cheap food, usually good and 24/7 opening times.

I had just placed my order when in came a load of coaches on the way back to Ireland.... full of Reds direct ish from the match. Drunk as skunks and.... GAAH I can't go on without palpitations :crying:

Was in the middle of posting on this website yesterday when the screen went black and a message came on saying 'downloading remaining Windows 8.1 don't switch off your computer'. It took an hour and a half and afterwards I found I couldn't get into Sky go - still can't. Has anyone used Windows 10 yet? If so, what is it like?

Couldn't understand the above as I have had the computer on 8.1 for over three years. Not happy with 8.1 I think the reason 10 came out so soon was it was easier to issue a new version than correct all the problems in 8.

Was in the middle of posting on this website yesterday when the screen went black and a message came on saying 'downloading remaining Windows 8.1 don't switch off your computer'. It took an hour and a half and afterwards I found I couldn't get into Sky go - still can't. Has anyone used Windows 10 yet? If so, what is it like?

Couldn't understand the above as I have had the computer on 8.1 for over three years. Not happy with 8.1 I think the reason 10 came out so soon was it was easier to issue a new version than correct all the problems in 8.

Windows 10 is under discussion here John http://www.toffeetalk.com/index.php?/topic/26923-windows-10/

As for Sky go, what browser are you using? It no longer works on Chrome so if you're using that that'll be why. It's fine on IE and Firefox.

Browser is IE. Sky tells me I need to download Silverlight. When I download it, it tells me I already have the latest version. Tried uninstalling Silverlight but can't. Get the message 'no valid sequence could be found for the set of patches' .whatever that may mean.

Browser is IE. Sky tells me I need to download Silverlight. When I download it, it tells me I already have the latest version. Tried uninstalling Silverlight but can't. Get the message 'no valid sequence could be found for the set of patches' .whatever that may mean.

IE is only good for downloading another browser....

Outside my level of knowledge that I'm afraid, hopefully someone else will be able to help.