IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

I can't believe it's all bad, John. The problem is the politics and a president clinging on for power. I think it may even be a case of better the devil you know with Blatter.

I'm interested in it and following the campaign, Jerome Champagne is struggling to get his nomination, Ginola has no chance and was paid to run for PR reasons by a bookmaker, Prince Ali of Jordan may get the votes but even then he doesn't have unanimous support from Asia. Ironically, Ali will get more votes from Europe than Asia.

Got up yesterday morning and thought it was a bit chilly. Put my hand on the radiator and it was almost cold. Went to the boiler and it was off. Tried getting it started, no luck. Phoned the guy who services our central heating and got his answer phone. Left a message and he phoned back about 9.30. He arrived at 2.00 pm and had it up and running by 3.00 pm - good guy. Had every electric appliance we have on the go but doesn't seem to make much difference. Freezing cold Monday morning. Just what you need. :shaking fist:

Facebook.

I only registered on it to monitor what my lad was up to when he was younger and he remains my only "friend". Now for two different reasons I have to engage with it again, hateful thing.

(On the other hand I did manage to have a conversation with Ella Fitzgerald's daughter on it a few years back to ask her something about her mum so I guess it has its uses)

Facebook.

I only registered on it to monitor what my lad was up to when he was younger and he remains my only "friend". Now for two different reasons I have to engage with it again, hateful thing.

(On the other hand I did manage to have a conversation with Ella Fitzgerald's daughter on it a few years back to ask her something about her mum so I guess it has its uses)

If its any consolation, I tried to find you when we met for drinks before the game, but your name didn't turn up!

MikeO, a company I worked for for 30 years (which is now defunct - nothing to do with me, honest) has a website set up on Facebook. I was asked to join as I provided a lot of information for the site. I recently had contact from someone who wanted information on their pension fund from when they worked there for 10 years, 40 years ago. I was able to help so it does have its uses.

Edited by johnh

• 2 weeks later...

I hate February

Every February things go wrong. Heart attacks, cancer scares and my more recent serious illness were all in February. I was sure my health would be fine this year, and so far it is. BUT just had the news that my car I bought just before Christmas is now written off following it being hit by a boat.

Where in hell will I get another one as good? :shaking fist:

I hate February

Every February things go wrong. Heart attacks, cancer scares and my more recent serious illness were all in February. I was sure my health would be fine this year, and so far it is. BUT just had the news that my car I bought just before Christmas is now written off following it being hit by a boat.

Where in hell will I get another one as good? :shaking fist:

Won't your insurance (or the boat driver's) cover it :huh:?