IGNORED

What Grinds Your Gears...

Matt

A lot of stuff really miffs me, great and small. Here's a partial list off the top of my head:

Jerk-off clueless rednecks who don't use turn signals

Multiple magazine subscription inserts per issue

People who own dogs and treat them like shit

The fact that in 1975 no one had to pay for television but in 2005 we do

Deviations from my regular bowel movement schedule

Flying, airports, airlines, the whole frickin concept of air travel

Youthful insouciance

Sanctimonious old farts

Misplacing items that I carry regularly (keys, wallet)

Being lectured about "this is good wine/beer...here's why"

Over-packaged store-bought items (why wrap it in cellophane, encase it in carboard, seal it in plastic, then send it home in a bag...why?)

Pointless and redundant iTunes updates

Devaluation of electronic items 6 months after I purchase them

The fact that we haven't eradicated the Taliban

Having different electrical outlets across different continents

Pointless paperwork at all levels

Webpages that load videos automatically

Some good ones there.....in the UK we've had to pay to watch TV since 1946 so think yourself lucky :).

Transfer deadline day, Jim white, bouncers, work colleagues, people who read there statement in front of you whilst your waiting to use the fuckin cash machine, SSN on the hour every hour, the same shit headlines, splash, that tosser on Sunday breakfast show with Tim lovejoy having to declare every dish that he's a red shite, but doesn't declare he's also a squirrel.......... Oh Ye, and predictive texting.....be back with more.

• 2 weeks later...

Email from TalkTalk offering a new service...

"Your Direct Debit will be taken on or immediately after this date.

Pay in full within 24 hours of receiving this email and save 15% with Speedy Payment Discount . If you have a recurring payment method set up, like Direct Debit, then rest assured your payment will not be taken twice."

....then, after paying and getting the 15% got a confirmation email that ended....

"Remember, as you have got a Direct Debit set up on your TalkTalk account, your regular bill payments will still be requested from your bank account as usual. Thank you for being a TalkTalk customer."

:huh:

My laptop 'warning' me "CAPS LOCK IS ON" (I know, I put the fucking thing on. Madness, eh!) and because I've done such a dangerous thing 'it' telling me my password might be wrong. Oh fuck. Oh Dear God no! What if I put my password in wrong!? Will my laptop laugh at me? Will I have to waste valuable time trying again? What if I get it wrong 3 times and I have to reset it? Oh shit, no, please not that. Hang on, who's looking after me when CAPS LOCK isn't on? Where's my warning about that? If my password can be wrong when it's on what the fuck disasters can happen when it isn't on? Bring back telegrams and pigeons - the bloke down the road keeps pigeons... and horses... the pigeons are worth more than the horses... hmmm

Take your pick from staying light later, weather issues, depression, inefficient counselling "services", boring corrupt soccer draws that are as bent as the cunts behind it, the amount of unparalleled crap on television or "news" publications, but perhaps above all else, living in general. Damn well can't do another year of this shit to be truthful, I feel more often.