IGNORED

What To Do With Arteta?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What to do with Arteta? Keep our fingers crossed he continues to play like he did today!

x2 Hes started to be that THE MIGHTY MAGICIAN Mikel, what we known him.

Follow Follow Follow

Everton Is the best team to follow!

Theres nobody better than Mikel Arteta

Hes the best little spaniard we know!

He was well and truly back today. Jesus, he got into the oppositions box to set up Beckford. I almost died of excitement!

Have to agree, but I feel that performance has been coming for a few weeks now.

There have definitely been signs of improvement from him over the past few games and I dont think that its a coincidence that it has coincided with the forwards finally coming into a bit of form.

He has been poor by his standards but nowhere near as bad as people were saying. Yes his set pieces have been woeful but his general play hasnt been that bad. All this bollocks about him only passing backwards and sideways has been very unfair on him. If there is no movement in front of him what was he supposed to do?

Have to agree, but I feel that performance has been coming for a few weeks now.

There have definitely been signs of improvement from him over the past few games and I dont think that its a coincidence that it has coincided with the forwards finally coming into a bit of form.

He has been poor by his standards but nowhere near as bad as people were saying. Yes his set pieces have been woeful but his general play hasnt been that bad. All this bollocks about him only passing backwards and sideways has been very unfair on him. If there is no movement in front of him what was he supposed to do?

Well, i agree and disagree with your post. He has been overally awful this season, way more worse than we have been get used about his perfomances. But last 5-6 games he has been improving as to back Mikel we all have knoe, and im glad about that. And yes hes worst things what he has dont has been that he has stopped our attacks with passes sideway and backwards. But im so glad that he seem to got back. Love him.

Well, i agree and disagree with your post. He has been overally awful this season, way more worse than we have been get used about his perfomances. But last 5-6 games he has been improving as to back Mikel we all have knoe, and im glad about that. And yes hes worst things what he has dont has been that he has stopped our attacks with passes sideway and backwards. But im so glad that he seem to got back. Love him.

Thats the whole point Arteta hasnt been stopping our attacks at all because there has been no forward pass on for him.

Earlier in the season he would come deep to get the ball, a tactic no doubt designed to prevent the big hoof up the park, and when he looked up to try and pick out a pass to launch an attack he would either see Yak, Anichebe or Saha strolling around the centre circle without a care in the world with the 2 opposing teams centre halves for company. So he has had no aalternative other than to pass it sideways or backwards

From the echo article:

“We’ve asked him to try and get forward, get in the box and get on the edge and have a shot, and get into positions where he feels he can score a goal and he’s looked more like himself.”

well duh... seriously, why has it taken over half the season until Moyes has asked Arteta to get forward? He's looked better and better these last few weeks, surely Moyes should have recognised that early on in the season Fellaini and Arteta were playing the wrong way around.

I'm getting really positive about our end to the season now, I think we can go on a really good run now and maybe win the Cup. Someone said they'd rather have lost Arteta than Pienaar - never. Pienaar was an excellent player but all too often messed things up at the end and didn't shoot enough, Arteta, when he's back on form, is one of the best players in the league and is easily our most important player, he can do everything. If Arteta can strike his best form we could still have a very good season, it's not too late.

From the echo article:

"We've asked him to try and get forward, get in the box and get on the edge and have a shot, and get into positions where he feels he can score a goal and he's looked more like himself."

well duh... seriously, why has it taken over half the season until Moyes has asked Arteta to get forward? He's looked better and better these last few weeks, surely Moyes should have recognised that early on in the season Fellaini and Arteta were playing the wrong way around.

I'm getting really positive about our end to the season now, I think we can go on a really good run now and maybe win the Cup. Someone said they'd rather have lost Arteta than Pienaar - never. Pienaar was an excellent player but all too often messed things up at the end and didn't shoot enough, Arteta, when he's back on form, is one of the best players in the league and is easily our most important player, he can do everything. If Arteta can strike his best form we could still have a very good season, it's not too late.

Even if we win every last game, there are going to be plenty of people around saying "still not good enough, imagine what we couldve done if we played like that since the beginning" or some other ungrateful tosh. I think ive wavered once or twice but ive stood firm thinking we can finish 6th. I still think we can, the league is just that tight. Looking at our last fixtures, we only have Citeh, Utd and Chelsea to play from the 'big teams', the rest should be winnable games. Wigan, Wolves, Fulham, Newcastle, Birmingham, Blackburn, West Brom... 21 points for the taking from those games, say 4 from the hard games and 6 points at the moment between us and 6th.

But it cant be down to just Arteta. Pip needs to wake up, Coleman needs something (im not convinced its a rest but he is suffering from something thats made him less affective) Saha needs to stay fit (and alive) and Moyes needs to make the right decisions at the right time. As mentioned above, this is 1 game and we shouldnt go over the top but looking forward as to who we have to play and when, with Arteta leading the pack with confidence theres no reason at all that we cant shoot up the table.

With ability comes expectation - his pay is in recognition of that ability. For me I still think he is at 80% of what we can expect.

The keeper they had in the sticks the other day was poor, you could see that clearly. There were two times when Arteta had the ball 25 yards out when he passed instead of having a crack - an on form arteta takes a shot there.

I'm by no means being critical, it's just that I believe him to be a top class midfielder, and at the moment he is performing like a solid midfielder - which is an improvement on the poor midfielder he has been this season.

With ability comes expectation - his pay is in recognition of that ability. For me I still think he is at 80% of what we can expect.

The keeper they had in the sticks the other day was poor, you could see that clearly. There were two times when Arteta had the ball 25 yards out when he passed instead of having a crack - an on form arteta takes a shot there.

I'm by no means being critical, it's just that I believe him to be a top class midfielder, and at the moment he is performing like a solid midfielder - which is an improvement on the poor midfielder he has been this season.

I agree with this... He has been much better in the last couple of game but there are still more direct passes to goal, or attempts he could be taking on but gets caught in 2 minds, holds on to the ball and then gets tackled or spreads it.

For example look at the Osman Messi like run. Arteta carried the ball for about 30 yards to around the edge of their box, dallied, the defenders got back but luckily this time it found its way through to Osman. Arteta in his pomp would have had a crack, or played Osman in his original run down the channel to the left of him.

Certainly much better but lets not get carried away just yet. More or the same tomorrow night please.