IGNORED

What To Do With Arteta?

what the hell are we going to do with Arteta, he's most fans favourite player, but has been shit for a long time now, and just does'nt seem like the player he was before that bad injury. what should Moyes do, i mean Rodwell is on the bench, Billy could do that job(sort of) and maybe even Osman, we could get reasonable money for him, although i would NOT advocate this now, more in the summer maybe, im not sure tbh, what the solution is

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He couldn't even get himself up for the fucking derby, he was a passenger today at best. He needs dropping to give him a kick up the arse. He shouldn't be untouchable, no player should be.

To say he's not been the same player since his return from injury is just plain wrong though. When he came back at the back end of last season he was involved in everything and literally ran games for us from start to finish. It's just this season where he's become a fanny.

I feel a bit sorry for Arteta. He's obviously been told to play deeper like that as you never see Moyes shouting for him to push up or anything. It actually sounds OK on paper – having a ball-playing midfielder in a deeper position so we can play the ball out of defence better. But the problem is that he's one of the players that she be receiving the ball from this ball-playing deep midfielder. I actually didn't think he was too bad yesterday given the role he had.

Most people agree that Fellaini should be the one player the deeper role, but I think Moyes probably wants him more advanced as he's a bigger goal threat.

I feel a bit sorry for Arteta. He's obviously been told to play deeper like that as you never see Moyes shouting for him to push up or anything. It actually sounds OK on paper – having a ball-playing midfielder in a deeper position so we can play the ball out of defence better. But the problem is that he's one of the players that she be receiving the ball from this ball-playing deep midfielder. I actually didn't think he was too bad yesterday given the role he had.

Most people agree that Fellaini should be the one player the deeper role, but I think Moyes probably wants him more advanced as he's a bigger goal threat.

Was'nt a lover of Fellaini when he 1st came and thought he was grossly overpriced, but he seems to have got to grips with the Prem. He did both jobs yesterday as he has done on many occasions.

He is certainly developing into a very good box to box player, MOTM yesterday.

arteta is very much a goal threat though..2 of his goals have come from the fact he pushed on forward later on(utd and sunderland). he should be doing that the whole match and he can from a deeper position..its not where he is playing cos he won't be shackled there too much with fellaini about it's just the fact he seems to shit himself and pass the ball sideways everytime he gets it

I just refuse to believe he is shitting himself though. He's one of the best passers we've got, he knows that, and my guess is he's being told to stay deep and play it like that. Maybe though he doesn't feel that confident in passing the ball from so deep, with a whole opposition midfield in front of him. It's not something he's done before. I agree he's a goal threat and I seem to remember Moyes saying several times that he should be getting more goals. Maybe he's given up now and feels Fellaini is more likely to get them.

In the Summer, offer him to Bilbao. They can only sign Basque players which Arteta is, they will have £20m+ for the Llorente deal. £15m for Mikky?

Or am I being too idealistic?

And replace him with who? If Arteta starts to play like we know he can that would be an almighty fcuk up! Torres, Rooney ,Giggs you name a player and theyve all been thru rough spells its just worse because we all expect better from him

And replace him with who? If Arteta starts to play like we know he can that would be an almighty fcuk up! Torres, Rooney ,Giggs you name a player and theyve all been thru rough spells its just worse because we all expect better from him

sorry but Arteta is not in the same class as Torres,Rooney or Giggs, how about replace him with Moutinho, or someone like that, im thinking of someone else tbh, but just can't remember the lads name at the moment

What To Do With Arteta. ??

If Pienaar goes in this window i would play Arteta on the wing, He was good for us when we played him out wide and he has to be played in a more advanced position to get any benefit from his talent.

If Pienaar stays its up to Arteta to buck his ideas up and raise his game, it would'nt worry me one bit if he was sold because he is not performing like we know he can.

Is it because he got the bigger contract that now he seems as tho he does'nt give a fook.

he played ok yesterday, got forward a few times, did a couple of tricks and played a couple of riskier passes. He is getting better but he needs to be moved more forward. Fellaini is doing well, but he'll never be the creative player Arteta is, Moyes keeps pushing Fellaini forward as he is tall and so a threat in the air. It's a poor move as Fellaini isn't particularly effective around the opposition penalty box and Arteta is completely wasted in our own half. I agree with an earlier poster in that it seems Moyes wants Arteta to help us bring the ball out of defence, stop us hoofing it all the time. I can understand Moyes' logic, but surely Fellaini can do that and Arteta can be pushed up behind the striker(s) to create some problems. He has the brain, the skill, the shooting ability. He's our most talented player and I don't for one minute believe that he's just phoning it in because he's on a bigger contract. I wouldn't sell him, I'd push him forward and see what happens. Rodwell has been a donkey in midfield all season, he doesn't deserve to play either. Arteta, if he is played in his correct position, will be one of the stars of the premier league, he's a brilliant player, he just needs his belief back and a manager who utilises his talent.

To say he's not been the same player since his return from injury is just plain wrong though. When he came back at the back end of last season he was involved in everything and literally ran games for us from start to finish. It's just this season where he's become a fanny.

Just thinking about this post last night, wasn't Fellaini injured when Arteta returned last season? This would possibly add fuel to the belief that Arteta is currently suffering due to Moyes using Fellaini as more of a box to box midfielder and Arteta is having to sit deep...

Just thinking about this post last night, wasn't Fellaini injured when Arteta returned last season? This would possibly add fuel to the belief that Arteta is currently suffering due to Moyes using Fellaini as more of a box to box midfielder and Arteta is having to sit deep...

Yeah I think he was.

If Moyes is indeed asking Felli to be a box to box midfielder and for Arteta to sit deeper I've got to wonder what the hell he's been smoking. Felli is at his best sitting infront of the defence and destroying everything in his path and then giving the ball to the wide players or the central midfielder. He's simply not a creative player however much effort he puts into it.

moyes is clueless if that is the case..and you're right about felli bein injured cos it was that greek nobclown from across the way who did it..felli shouldnt be goin much beyond the half way line if you ask me! as romey said the guy destroys what comes near him..arteta should be at least 15-20 yards ahead..felli gives him the ball then he gets forward with the wingers and strikers..felli doesn't need the help he has proved that already cos he is doin the job of 2-3 men sometimes and he does it effortlessly..arteta should be forward or on the bench simple as

moyes is clueless if that is the case..and you're right about felli bein injured cos it was that greek nobclown from across the way who did it..felli shouldnt be goin much beyond the half way line if you ask me! as romey said the guy destroys what comes near him..arteta should be at least 15-20 yards ahead..felli gives him the ball then he gets forward with the wingers and strikers..felli doesn't need the help he has proved that already cos he is doin the job of 2-3 men sometimes and he does it effortlessly..arteta should be forward or on the bench simple as

I agree and I would set up with it in a proper 4-5-1 like this:

------------Howard

Neville--Heits--Distin--Baines

------------Felli

Coleman-Arteta-Cahill-Billy

------------Saha

but then you get the problems we had of no-one stretching the play unless the midfield break quickly. IMO this is something that should have been looked at during pre-season and tested properly. It will suit the back 6 perfectly but its then a question of how you get the best out of the remaining 5 that we have a problem with.

I have been wondering about Arteta for a while now, he seems invisible at times on the pitch, certainly its obvious his work rate is going un-noticed. I don't think it is down to lack of interest though more the emergence of Coleman and with Baines getting better and better at pushing forward, he is having to change his game play and I agree the Feli's vast improvement this season has also not helped his cause either.

Now the greedy peanut has gone i think if he were to go back out on the left and link up with Baines over lapping (as he did so well with peanut) we would see him back to his best, once the partnership is established think of the quailty balls into the box for Cahill to meet with his head.

Hmmm agree and disagree with a few points here.. yeah Mikky Sideways aint been too clever this season, we all know this, and no matter of deiscussing it, is going to change it.

I don't agree with this Felli business though, in terms of he shouldnt be crossing the halfway line and he isnt creative. The lad 90% of the time is so assured with the ball to his feet, and if he had stayed behind the halfway line this weekend, we wouldnt be sitting here, thinking thank fuck for his equaliser.

If you watch the game, it seems they inter change a lot during the match, Arteta tends to start the balls fromt he back, but felli does this also, and it seems at times when we go forward the same thing happens... I i dont know what his problem is at the moment, but it could be a little confidence, when he recieves the ball behind the halfways line or just over it, he seems to immediately look for the sideways pass. But have you noticed, as seen for the coleman goal v west ham away most recently, when he gets the ball midway into the opposition half he then starts going forward trying to pick a pass in which he did for cahill to cross to coleman... Ive rambled but still not come to a conclusion.

Someone just tell him to get his act together!!

I think Artetas biggest problem this seaon is the lack of movement in front of him. He gets the ball looks up and there is absolutely no movement and so he passes it sideways and gets slaughtered for it.What do people expect him to do, beat 8 players then pop it into the top corner?

A lot of people were on his back again against West Ham when he was actually one of our better players on the day. Yes his corners were woeful but he did put himself about and was always available to take the ball.

As the saying goes form is temporary class is permanent

I think Artetas biggest problem this seaon is the lack of movement in front of him. He gets the ball looks up and there is absolutely no movement and so he passes it sideways and gets slaughtered for it.What do people expect him to do, beat 8 players then pop it into the top corner?

A lot of people were on his back again against West Ham when he was actually one of our better players on the day. Yes his corners were woeful but he did put himself about and was always available to take the ball.

As the saying goes form is temporary class is permanent

one player and a shot would do....

he did that at the end..the shot was poor granted and i heard people complainin about him shootin..seems he's the whippin boy at the moment cos of his shit form and how good we know he can be..i just feel he will get slated no matter what he does at times..don't totally agree with you there duncan he can move forward with the ball himself and look for players moving into space rather than turn look for 2 seconds then get rid