IGNORED

Club Release Official Accounts

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleased to see him responding again...though I don't think it'll make much difference to people's perception. Views are too entrenched; if he said he had a bacon sandwich for lunch some would call it "spin" (christ I hate that word :angry: ).

Tbh Iv always thought Elstone to be quite a trustworthy figure at Everton but I was a little bit dissapointed with the analysis of the recent figures and this doesnt really tell me anything.

I could have pretty much told you he would say something similar if you had asked me to before this was published. Its not spin but its a hollow attempt to keep us informed imo.

In terms of finding out that there is no father Christmas we have not yet got to the stage where the kid finds the present or wakes up when pissed up parents wake the kid up falling through the doors holding a bmx.

The stage we are at is where little johnny wonders how a twenty stone tub of lard can squeeze down a chimney and eat another mince pie. We are awaiting the magic key lark..some believe what we want to be true. Truth is our current owners need gone. Gamble? May well be the only option

Edited by Hafnia2

i would say that its a well written article that contains a lot of crap written by a supporter with their own agenda!!! IMO

Well it actually contains a lot of facts so Im not quite sure how it can be crap?

Iv read a lot of articles on Kenwright, the board, and the stadiums/finance etc and you can tell the bullshit in them but this article is well written, well reasoned and it has the documents to support his view point.

• 4 months later...

The companies house website has confirmed that Everton settled two debts/charges recently:

treeMiddleConnector.giftreeDocument.gif MG02 08/06/2011 DECLARATION OF SATISFACTION IN FULL OR IN PART OF A MORTGAGE OR CHARGE /FULL /CHARGE NO 42

treeMiddleConnector.giftreeDocument.gif MG02 08/06/2011 DECLARATION OF SATISFACTION IN FULL OR IN PART OF A MORTGAGE OR CHARGE /FULL /CHARGE NO 41

The companies house website has confirmed that Everton settled two debts/charges recently:

treeMiddleConnector.giftreeDocument.gif MG02 08/06/2011 DECLARATION OF SATISFACTION IN FULL OR IN PART OF A MORTGAGE OR CHARGE /FULL /CHARGE NO 42

treeMiddleConnector.giftreeDocument.gif MG02 08/06/2011 DECLARATION OF SATISFACTION IN FULL OR IN PART OF A MORTGAGE OR CHARGE /FULL /CHARGE NO 41

all fine and well that,but what about the debt owed to one of our best managers in a long time, and repaying his faith by backing him in the transfer market, now thats asking too much isn't it.

This.

He does deserve more funds but at the same time it's hard to feel sorry for him.

tbh, as soon as acid face leaves for England or Wenger gets the long overdue boot from Aresnal, Moyes will tell Kenwright to shove his job anyway, he aint going to stick about for too much longer like this.

Tottenham might make a move for him, but Arsenal? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

don't be so sure of that, we have a family friend who is well connected at Arsenal, he had alot to do with the apartments built on highbury, he is a mad gunners fan, and on many occasions he has said how Moyes is very highly thought of by Wenger and the board and by many Arsenal fans. i don't EVER see it happening like you Mark, but that is 100% true

He's paid £70k a week, he knew the situation when he signed the contract.

All good and well so hows about backing the supporters then! We all want to see new faces and the team doing well, so for a change cough up and give us something to smile about! He bleats on were the best fans in the world so treat us like them then! We dont want miracles Nzogbia on the drip would be a fine start!

I'm still waiting for the accounts, that's just a brief summary with a positive spin.. in short "our wage to turnover ratio has increased but that's because we invested heavily in the playing squad". I think, in reality we need to cut our cloth accordingly.. even if it upsets Moyesy.

There's a summary in the Echo and it says the debt had increased by £7m and club made £3.1m loss in the year. It also says that debt to wage ratio now at 69%, up from 62%. I don't know how Robert Elstone can describe it as healthy when the last time the club turned a profit was 2005 (Rooney sale).

http://www.liverpool...00252-28131863/

and some wonder why a billionaire hasn't arrived on the doorsteps of Goodison Park willing to hand over several hundred million in return for nothing. ;)

all fine and well that,but what about the debt owed to one of our best managers in a long time, and repaying his faith by backing him in the transfer market, now thats asking too much isn't it.

What was it about the club's accounts you failed to understand? Back him in the transfer market? With what from where?

Pay peanuts and you get monkeys!

Jags, Arteta, Piennar, Coleman, Baines, Lescott have all been signed for relatively small amounts of money. You don't need the repulsive and sickening amounts of money Real Madrid and Man City throw at players to be successful.

Jags, Arteta, Piennar, Coleman, Baines, Lescott have all been signed for relatively small amounts of money. You don't need the repulsive and sickening amounts of money Real Madrid and Man City throw at players to be successful.

Both aforementioned clubs are in champions league and won domestic cups. We have not had success, we have survived and done better than expected. Im not saying spend stupid amounts of money - you need to spend wisely. We ain't even spending.

We are spending though.. just not on new acquisitions. Larger contracts are offered to existing players in order to keep them here.

I could possibly understand that statement last summer but it just doesnt wear anymore

Every time the transfer window opens our squad gets weaker, the only hope we have is the young lads coming through

That statement has stood up for the past 9 years and will most likely continue to do so!

I think you could say the same thing about squads being weakened for most of the Premier League to be honest. I believe that the 2009 FA Cup final, was this squad at its peak.

Both aforementioned clubs are in champions league and won domestic cups. We have not had success, we have survived and done better than expected. Im not saying spend stupid amounts of money - you need to spend wisely. We ain't even spending.

Man City are in the Champions League purely down to luck. Luck that the commonwealth games gave them a brand spanking new stadium for nothing. Then an Arab born into vast sums of money chose Man City as his play toy. The ironic aspect of all this is the probability that Manchester United's fame and succes ultimately led the Arab to City that and the free stadium (£350 million saved there) and the fact the club could be bought relatively cheaply.

Real Madrid, well its the worst kept secret in football that Spanish Royal family help them out and banks bend over backwards to offer them money and terms that no other club could get near. What happens when they need to pay some money back, they sell their training ground for an amount that dramatically over values the asset. Even Barcelona are heavily in debt. In Real and Barca we are talking about two of the richest clubs in world football, two of the most famous clubs in world football with huge global revenue streams, the best and more famous players in the world and still they are both heavily in debt. What chance do Everton have.

We shouldn't be spending a penny if we don't have.

Birmingham had success this season in the Carling Cup. What league are they playing in next year?

Edited by pax

Blimey, just to make a clear point, I'm not talking about going and spending £30m. I'm talking about an alleged £4.5m downpayment on a left sided player, generate some cash by selling Billy and heitinga and get a striker. In the mean time continue the 24/7 x 52 weeks of 5 year search for someone to buy us.