IGNORED

Club Release Official Accounts

Blimey, acceptance of this is what the current regime seem to want us to accept. It's reality yes, but we need the basis to utilise our fan base and corporate facilities to the max which ultimately means new owners. Selling class acts for lesser price gambles? The likes of Alan ball would never have been seen at this club. It's not what we are and not what we should be.

I agree but at this stage we dont have much choice...

Just a quick reply to Bailey, who would you expect to pick up if Arteta was sold for 20 million? Charlie Adam was touted around at 14 million and with all due respect id take Arteta over him all day long! Its incredible that a Club known for its wealth 20 years ago is now in this rut! Weve needed a new ground for years and have had false promise after false promise both from the club and the City Council (Stanley Park will never be built on my arse). Weve been backed into a corner now where our board MUST SELL otherwise the ships gonna sink! Lets hope and pray the takeover spin turns out to be true otherwise we'l be watching Championship football never mind dreaming about Champions League!

Tbh I dont really want to get into a 'we could buy him' arguement because we all have different opinions and the thread will head in a different tangent. All I am saying is that we have done it before and we did pretty well out of it. I do rate Arteta very highly but there are player who could do his job and this season they could do it better (for the most part).

Id also mention that you could probably have picked up Adam for half that price in the summer and a fraction of that a couple of season prior.

We can all hope for a takeover but how much longer can we afford to wait. The fans have been waiting for 5 years plus on this and still nothing has happened. If we wait another 5 years without taking any action to stem the flow of money leaving the club then we will really be screwed. I just want the best for Everton Football Club and if it means selling a couple of high wage, high fee players for cheaper alternatives then so be it. However, saying that there is no way in the world I would sell Felli, Rodwell or Coleman.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Predictable responses to be honest. I thought this was a strange response from Jamie Dow:

“It is absolutely the right model for a sports club. They do not exist to create wonderful business models. They exist to create a wonderful sports club.”

In other words, it's okay to go into debt because others in the industry do. I find that scary.

Predictable responses to be honest. I thought this was a strange response from Jamie Dow:

It is absolutely the right model for a sports club. They do not exist to create wonderful business models. They exist to create a wonderful sports club.

In other words, it's okay to go into debt because others in the industry do. I find that scary.

i do so worry about some of the characters that seem to be mixed up within our club, there is some very creative accounting going on down there at the moment :rolleyes:

Edited by theprisoner

http://www.liverpool.../#ixzz1E7K8ElUD

FORMER St Helens RLFC chief executive Sean McGuire believes potential buyers are put off by Everton's apparent financial woes.

He said: "When you come to think about it, why should anyone buy it?

"Fundamentally, it is a financial transaction. Someone will buy that club because they want to make a profit, unless they are some kind of good Samaritan."

Mr McGuire also commented on Blues chairman Bill Kenwright's statement in the financial report, when he spoke of his search for a "rich and generous benefactor".

He said: "I do not think businesses survive anymore on benefactors. I think that language speaks volumes.

"It is a £70m turnover business. Why can't it make a profit? It should be able to make a dollar on £70m turnover unless you are doing something very badly wrong."

yep, the points being made being all the more apt I guess.

Except some of the points are total nonsense and it's been written by somebody who didn't do any homework on the political landscape (Liverpool City Council v Knowsley) of our proposed ground move and seems to live in some typical southern microcosm that thinks its reasonable to compare the London property market with that of Walton.

The twat! :angry:

Other than that, a really well written, factual and absorbing read - not.

I'm talking about Arsenal fan in the fedora's blog. :)

1. "When the fiasco unraveled the club said that the new ground development with Tesco would not be affected by the decision on the training ground sale, although “it would probably cost the council money as they would have to put up more to pay for the new ground." - Wrong. The training ground planning was LCC and the new ground was Knowsley.

2. "Undoubtedly there will be members of Everton who will again blame a tiny group of busybodies for turning down the application for the new ground. But the fact is that Liverpool Council never wanted Everton to move to Kirkby, and the way Everton spoke about the council after the training ground rejection just hardened attitudes" - Same as #1 above

3. "Unfortunately Everton had already moved to their new Finch Farm training complex in Halewood last year, and so the site is useless, and a part of the Everton debt is due to the fiasco. So, no new training ground, and today no new stadium". - Wrong. We had our new training ground well before this article was written. The accrual of debt was not related to the non-sale of Bellefield. The Bellefield money was earmarked for the new stadium.

4. " In 2008 they tried to buy themselves out of debt by borrowings to “invest in the playing squad". - Did we? We bought Felli on the drip and Saha but can't recall any others?

5. "But contrast for a moment the way in which Arsenal got the Ems built. On time, on budget, the only thing that went wrong was that the recession came along and cut some of the budget from the redevelopment of Highbury and of the industrial units nearby. Such organisation and planning seems utterly beyond the abilities of Everton." - Seemingly redeveloping in Walton is much the same as North Islington

6. "In effect, Liverpool and Everton are loss making enterprises with no way of doing anything other than making more losses. As such they are not viable businesses, and are on the road to terminal decline" - Looks like all clubs other than Arsenal may as well pack up and go home.

There's more but Ive got bored with it.

Just my opinion of course, I accept that the southern, condescending nonce may know better than me :D

Not to mention the fact that he just seems to hate Liverpool....he wrote this pearl of wisdom the following day...

Meanwhile, in the city of Liverpool…

I wrote about the arrogance and anti-democratic nature of many in the area yesterday. Even as I was publishing this one of the officers in Liverpool, when asked about their applying to be part of the England bid to run the world cup, said, “The idea of staging a World Cup in England and not having any matches in Liverpool, with the football heritage we have, is unthinkable.”

One might say instead, “The idea of holding an international match of any description in the city which in 2010 will (hopefully) remember the way fans behaved at the Heisel Stadium 25 years ago, is so utterly appalling that even if the suggestion was made that a world cup match be played in Liverpool, we would in all decency, turn the offer down.”

But that would be human, and humane.

So what else is new?

This is an exchange on twitter between the journalist and NSNO fansite:

NSNO: @GregOK any truth in the rumour that Everton have told the players not to talk to the Echo?

Journalist: @nsno It's probably unprofessional for me to talk about rumours re: private business relationships, so I'm not going to get into that now

Journalist: @nsno Life working with a club has its ups and downs but I've always had a good relationship with EFC, players and staff

Journalist: @nsno I'll be there at Stamford Bridge on Saturday reporting and inteviewing as usual.

NSNO: @GregOK cheers Greg.

Journalist: @nsno no worries sorry I can't be more open

NSNO: @GregOK totally understand Greg, I think being unable to totally deny it speaks volumes though. Keep the faith though mate.

Mike, I was told by one of the contributors. Not exactly hard to figure out who :)

Interesting scenario.... Does this now mean the shackles will be off with the echo now?

Looks like O'Keefe has lifted the interview from the O.S as his piece for today, one way of getting round it I guess. I personally want the club challenged by the local news, we have no other way of getting our voices heard - when was the last AGM?

Personally I hope that the local press treat the clubs stance with the contempt it deserves. KEIOC and Colin Fitzpatrick did a fine job in getting themselves heard regarding the Kirby fiasco - is this the clubs way of showing their disgust that the Echo are giving their secretary a forum to share his views regarding the ownership?

Edited by Hafnia2