IGNORED

Post David Moyes

I'm sorry for not doing anything to help lift the doom and gloom around here Gentlemen, so I'll apologise in advance. But I've been thinking, if David Moyes does walk away from our famous old football club in the summer, who can we realistically expect to take the helm? Lets be honest, as sure as death, the day will come when Everton and David Moyes part ways. I don't know if it will be next week or next summer but that day will come.

My question is simple, who would we attract as a manager, as a Football Club (due to our history and fan base) we still have a lot to offer and I don't care what anyone says, forgetting our financial situation we would still be an attractive outfit to any young and hungry manager...

So who and what type of manager would we expect, not which manager would we like?

Coyle

He's in a similar mould but at a more advanced stage that DM was 9 years - you may argue is he even more advanced now...

I personally like his approach to the game, the rapport he has with the players. He has turned the most horrible team to watch into being far more flowing team.

We will never get a quality track proven manager and rather than a "tired" in it for the hobby and money type like Sven, I want the manager to be the sort who combines Moyes work ethic with an adventurous style with a nous on how to change games and tactics.

Coyle for me ticks those boxes. People may say that he isn't proven - yes, but I am pretty sure he has a massive future in management.

Coyle for me ticks those boxes. People may say that he isn't proven - yes, but I am pretty sure he has a massive future in management.

Trouble is that, according to half the recent threads, Coyle is already at a bigger club than Everton (we don't really believe that do we?).

Give our current financial predicament, if we can't manage to afford a loan player we'll be unlikely to pay significant compo for a manager who's already established in the PL.

So, managers who are out of work or hungry managers from the lower leagues (and whether I'd be interested, like it's down to me!!!) :-

Sam Allardyce - no thanks

Steve MacLaren - no thanks

Chris Hughton - no thanks

Roberto di Matteo - probably

Martin Jol - probably

Billy Davies - possibly, bit similar to Moyes?

Slaven Bilic - probably

Ian Holloway - it would be fun tho, wouldn't it

Paul Lambert - remarkable turnaround at Norwich

Gus Poyet - maybe needs a year in the Championship first?

Have to admit, I don't follow the managerial career's of the up and coming continental coaches, although De Boer seems to be doing a good job at Ajax and he's got Bergkamp on the coaching staff.

Edited by SharpysVolley

An old head, been in the game for years who playes dour football but will grind out draws and many, hopefully, 1-0 wins. I don't expect a young foreign manager, who will expect money to spend or a seasoned campaigner for the obvious same reason of no money, so why bother. If Woy hadn't had a spell over the park it may have been similar to him, he is the type I am expecting. Failing that maybe a Coyle type who has a hard work ethic and hasn't had the experience of spending pots of cash.

Who I would like however......................... :(

Edited by The Beard

Coyle

He's in a similar mould but at a more advanced stage that DM was 9 years - you may argue is he even more advanced now...

I personally like his approach to the game, the rapport he has with the players. He has turned the most horrible team to watch into being far more flowing team.

We will never get a quality track proven manager and rather than a "tired" in it for the hobby and money type like Sven, I want the manager to be the sort who combines Moyes work ethic with an adventurous style with a nous on how to change games and tactics.

For me Coyle is a more positive version of Moyes.

That second sentence is exactly what Moyes has done with us in the last few years.

If you look at the Bolton tactics at the weekend they were a spitting image of us a couple of years back. They harrased the opposition in packs, they pressed every player, they looked to get the ball forward quickly but cleverly. They didnt just hoof it forward, they played it into the body of the main striker to give him a chance of getting others involved and their defenders were big & strong and didnt try fannying around. Tbh they just kept it simple, they were disciplined and they barely gave us a sniff.

I honestly think that in the current skint state were in, Bill Kenwright would more than likely look at someone like David Jones.

At least we know he'd jump at the chance of coming back to Goodison but I dont think it would be looked at as a positive step for Everton. Its actually going backwards and if it did happen he'd have to prove himself pretty quick or he'd be pushed out the door.

I think Kenwwright having plucked Moyes from the Championship would go that way again.

I honestly think that in the current skint state were in, Bill Kenwright would more than likely look at someone like David Jones.

At least we know he'd jump at the chance of coming back to Goodison but I dont think it would be looked at as a positive step for Everton. Its actually going backwards and if it did happen he'd have to prove himself pretty quick or he'd be pushed out the door.

I think Kenwwright having plucked Moyes from the Championship would go that way again.

I think Kenwright and Dave Jones are friends aren't they?

We'd all like someone like Coyle or Billic. I don't think we could call it a step forward but it wouldn't be a step back taking either of them. However, my question wasn't you would we like? Thats to easy, we could all sit here and list Managers we want to take the helm.

Who realistically could we expect, for me, Maghull hits the nail on the head. Dave Jones would be in and we would start to back paddle. One thing is for sure, whoever does come in when Moyes goes has a very hard job ahead.

I don't think in our current financial predicament we have enough to offer to prize someone like Coyle away. I don't think Bilic is a bad shout, he'd jump at chance of managing in Prem I'm sure, but would probably expect money.

I wouldn't be surprised by Dave Jones or Paul Jewell, guess one thing going for both is they've both done decent jobs on limited budgets. I'd prefer Jones's style of football. Billy Davies is another possibility but he's already moaning about lack of funds at Forest so maybe not!! Other managers that fall into the unproven-but-with-potential bracket, Lee Clark's doing a decent job at Huddersfield.

What's Joe Royal up to these days?!?

Edited by nogs

The special one is contemplating leaving Real in the summer. Go get him Kenwright haha However considering our financial status its more likely to be someone like John Coleman (Accrington Stanley - who the hell are they)

I wouldnt mind it if Everton brought in someone who wasnt british, get a more international style of play. Marcello Lippi, Jürgen Klinsmann or Didier Deschamps perhaps?

Ex Sweden manager Lasse Lagerbäck is unemployed but if Everton bring him in we could expect a boring defensive 442 with no new ideas what so ever. Oh, and with Anders Svensson in the defensive central midfielder position as he is way up Lagerbäcks arse. Which would put Felli on the bench. haha

Edited by Peter H

I think Kenwright and Dave Jones are friends aren't they?

We'd all like someone like Coyle or Billic. I don't think we could call it a step forward but it wouldn't be a step back taking either of them. However, my question wasn't you would we like? Thats to easy, we could all sit here and list Managers we want to take the helm.

Who realistically could we expect, for me, Maghull hits the nail on the head. Dave Jones would be in and we would start to back paddle. One thing is for sure, whoever does come in when Moyes goes has a very hard job ahead.

While David Jones wouldnt be the answer as far as many Evertonians are concerned, he's not the worst choice in the world.

Cardiff play some decent stuff and on a very, VERY limited budget. He's been there a while too so he's not one to complain about lack of funds (perfect for Kenwright).

He's arguably been more successful with Cardiff than Moyes was with Preston.

Certainly would prefer Dave Jones than some of the names mentioned here like Sven, Jewell, Lee Clark and did someone mention the Norwich manager who has done a good job?. Sorry but that just reminds me of Mike Walker and I dont want to go down that road again.

While David Jones wouldnt be the answer as far as many Evertonians are concerned, he's not the worst choice in the world.

Cardiff play some decent stuff and on a very, VERY limited budget. He's been there a while too so he's not one to complain about lack of funds (perfect for Kenwright).

He's arguably been more successful with Cardiff than Moyes was with Preston.

Certainly would prefer Dave Jones than some of the names mentioned here like Sven, Jewell, Lee Clark and did someone mention the Norwich manager who has done a good job?. Sorry but that just reminds me of Mike Walker and I dont want to go down that road again.

What about NO funds... :huh:

Alan Stubbs anyone?

Questions and answers:

Would Moyes get paid off if he walks? - NO

Would Moyes get paid £65k+ a week else where? - NO

Would Moyes leave the club in it's current status? - NO

Could we get a manager experienced enough at working on a shoe string in the prem? - NO

Are there more pressing matters i.e sale of club, to address before the manager - YES

If we were sold, our debts wiped, and a plan in place to generate money would Moyes be reinvigorated knowing the Moutinho's, Fernandez's, Donovan's, etc could be aquired? - YES

conclusion... Moyes ain't going anywhere, he is clearly at his wits end with working on a budget, he could clearly do with shaking the squad up. For that to happen the club needs to be sold.

The "development" with the Echo could well be the start of some interesting news articles - they are owned by trinity mirror plc so we may find a few articles in the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror or The People. You can imagine the call

"Hi yes, bad news i'm afraid, the club have banned the players from talking to us, no exclusives anymore - sales may fall"

"Really? Hmmmm, what's behind this?"

"Well, the fans are starting to get really frustrated, their voices aren't being heard, is the club for sale etc etc, the club are trying to silence things etc etc"

"OK let's run a national article, new owners will probably be more receptive to the local press - this may help get things moving..."

Edited by Hafnia2

Questions and answers:

Would Moyes get paid off if he walks? - NO

Would Moyes get paid £65k+ a week else where? - NO

Would Moyes leave the club in it's current status? - NO

Could we get a manager experienced enough at working on a shoe string in the prem? - NO

Are there more pressing matters i.e sale of club, to address before the manager - YES

If we were sold, our debts wiped, and a plan in place to generate money would Moyes be reinvigorated knowing the Moutinho's, Fernandez's, Donovan's, etc could be aquired? - YES

conclusion... Moyes ain't going anywhere, he is clearly at his wits end with working on a budget, he could clearly do with shaking the squad up. For that to happen the club needs to be sold.

The "development" with the Echo could well be the start of some interesting news articles - they are owned by trinity mirror plc so we may find a few articles in the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror or The People. You can imagine the call

"Hi yes, bad news i'm afraid, the club have banned the players from talking to us, no exclusives anymore - sales may fall"

"Really? Hmmmm, what's behind this?"

"Well, the fans are starting to get really frustrated, their voices aren't being heard, is the club for sale etc etc, the club are trying to silence things etc etc"

"OK let's run a national article, new owners will probably be more receptive to the local press - this may help get things moving..."

I hope your right Hafnia, it's an interesting theory. However, thats all it is. One thing I could see as plan as day during the Bolton game was the face on David Moyes. As you said he won't be going anywhere (AT THE MOMENT) - But in the Summer when he takes another look at the situation he will surely say enough is enough. David Moyes strikes me as a man of principle and the most important thing for him is moving forward. When the Summer comes no one would blame Moyes for walking. So unless you theory is brought into motion any time soon. I think we may have to look else where because Moyes will be 'giving it toes' as they say!

for the first time in my life, i will stick up for blue bill(and im not stoned either)but did'nt he want Megson as manager? but he went with Smith's wild card recommendation of Moyes in the end, so maybe we are all underestimating him, and he would possibly look for another lower league manager coming through, like Lee Clark, or that guy at Doncaster, who looks quite useful. But i like everyone else, would love to see Bilic here, he's been an national team manager so will have plenty of contacts worldwide, Croatia always play good football, and he is popular with the fans

Edited by theprisoner