IGNORED

Fulham

Finn balor

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bloody hell that was hard work and should not have been anywhere near that stressful....

Exactly, far harder work than it should have been....but that's ten points from the last twelve, fucked off the frankly ludicrous relegation talk, two points away from Liverpool and sixth place :) .

Happy....but I need beer.

Stayed up till 3:30am my time for that. :lol:

However, a win is a win and I shouldn't complain. I can't see us clocking up too many more with all these injuries. Now I think we are safe I'd give the fringe players/kids a run for the rest of the term.

safe? theres only 5 point from relegation. We had the same points difference in January and everyone was calling it a relegation struggle. Very tight still.

That said, 10 from 12 now. Im looking at the 9 points we need Spurs to drop, they dropped 2 today and 8 more chances for them to do so :)

Exactly, far harder work than it should have been....but that's ten points from the last twelve, fucked off the frankly ludicrous relegation talk, two points away from Liverpool and sixth place :) .

Happy....but I need beer.

way ahead of you there mate...

Stayed up till 3:30am my time for that. :lol:

However, a win is a win and I shouldn't complain. I can't see us clocking up too many more with all these injuries. Now I think we are safe I'd give the fringe players/kids a run for the rest of the term.

Nowhere near safe ground yet.

Awful game to watch but we got the three points and that's what really matters.

Even though it was a poor game we could and should have won by 3 or 4, but as usual we sat on a lead instead of finishing the game. We can't do that when our defence has been leaking goals.

Who the hell was tracking Dempsey? Coz neither Rodwell or Neville were and surely it was the job of one of them?

I felt Moyes was wrong to bring Heitinga on for Cahill, it should've been Beckford IMO. Once Heitinga came on we lost our shape and Fulham were coming through the middle of us at will really.

That's about all I have to say about that game.

Howard - Didn't really have much to do did he?

Hibbert - A solid game from Hibbo and he put in a really good shift.

Jagielka - Generally solid.

Distin - A couple of occasions he let the ball bounce when he should have just headed it but, like Jags, he was mostly solid.

Baines - Baines was, well, Baines. He got forward all game long and tracked back brilliantly too. He really is a Duracell bunny.

Coleman - He looked like the little rest he's had did him the world of good. He was a constant thorn in Fulham's side with his direct running. Took his goal really well too, thank god he learned his lesson of not heading the ball into the ground!

Rodwell - Barely had any sort of impact on the game.

Neville - Did a good job but if Dempsey was his responsibility he needs a slap around the head.

Osman - He had a great game. Full of running and put himself about too, showed good feet, strength on the ball. And what a piece of work to get the cross in for Coleman, and a quality cross it was too; inch perfect. My MOTM.

Cahill - Poor. But he clearly was nowhere near being fit so I have no idea why Moyes started him all honesty. This was Fulham, at home, ffs, not United at Old Trafford.

Saha - I thought it was a so so performance from Saha tbh. He drops far too deep and rarely gets in the box, which is where he's supposed to be :blink:. But he used the ball well when he had it and did what he's paid to do and put the ball in the back of the net.

Coleman - He looked like the little rest he's had did him the world of good. He was a constant thorn in Fulham's side with his direct running. Took his goal really well too, thank god he learned his lesson of not heading the ball into the ground!

Really hope he can stay in the side now after really stepping up this weekend. Pure class.

I guess that was a typical Everton game these days. Some decent stuff going forward though very few chances, deep defending with no pressure on the ball and delayed substitions.

The back 4 were very solid and I thought both Jags and Hibbert played better than they have been, Baines was consistent but Distin got me a bit nervy at times.

Both Neville & Rodwell were solid to start with, and I like the fact Rodwell was being allowed to break forward as it created lots of space but 2nd half that stopped and they both got overwhelmed.

Coleman and Osman were the best players on the pitch. I went for Coleman over Osman because I thought the latter gave the ball away more. He would show real quality and then just give it straight to the opposition randomly, plus he was anonymous until he got moved centrally i the 2nd half. At least in the same period Coleman did a lot of good defensive work.

Saha was poor imo, he did a few good things but he is consantly dropping too deep and not trying to get in behind enough, or at least burst into the box after dropping deep. It just becomes predictable at times at defenders pick him off.

Cahill looked unfit and was quite clearly struggling after 50ish minutes, not sure why it took Moyes an age to replace him. IMO this type of sub is why Moyes has limitations and shouldnt be compared to the great managers in the country. As most people mention on here, bringing Beckford on was probably the best option because we need to keep the ball further up the pitch to relieve the pressure and bringing on a DM isnt going to help this. However, I would bet most of the top managers would have also brought on a midfielder, however I bet none of them would have played the 3 defensive midfielders in there. He tried to get Rodwell forward but at that stage of the game, when he was clearly tiring as well it was never going to work. Someone needed to stay close to Saha and to be fair to Moyes he did change it eventually and move Osman centrally, and from then on we looked comfortable again and Osman went from being anonymous to be involved with everything. It shows he has got it in there but we had a 20-25mins period where we were really up against it and couldnt get the ball back at all and he stood there dithering, and then made the wrong call before eventually getting it right. Its very frustrating because he keeps proving to us all that he knows what he is doing, but then goes and does something else the next time a similar situation arises. It could have cost us points and luckily it didnt this weekend.

I guess that was a typical Everton game these days. Some decent stuff going forward though very few chances, deep defending with no pressure on the ball and delayed substitions.

The back 4 were very solid and I thought both Jags and Hibbert played better than they have been, Baines was consistent but Distin got me a bit nervy at times.

Both Neville & Rodwell were solid to start with, and I like the fact Rodwell was being allowed to break forward as it created lots of space but 2nd half that stopped and they both got overwhelmed.

Coleman and Osman were the best players on the pitch. I went for Coleman over Osman because I thought the latter gave the ball away more. He would show real quality and then just give it straight to the opposition randomly, plus he was anonymous until he got moved centrally i the 2nd half. At least in the same period Coleman did a lot of good defensive work.

Saha was poor imo, he did a few good things but he is consantly dropping too deep and not trying to get in behind enough, or at least burst into the box after dropping deep. It just becomes predictable at times at defenders pick him off.

Cahill looked unfit and was quite clearly struggling after 50ish minutes, not sure why it took Moyes an age to replace him. IMO this type of sub is why Moyes has limitations and shouldnt be compared to the great managers in the country. As most people mention on here, bringing Beckford on was probably the best option because we need to keep the ball further up the pitch to relieve the pressure and bringing on a DM isnt going to help this. However, I would bet most of the top managers would have also brought on a midfielder, however I bet none of them would have played the 3 defensive midfielders in there. He tried to get Rodwell forward but at that stage of the game, when he was clearly tiring as well it was never going to work. Someone needed to stay close to Saha and to be fair to Moyes he did change it eventually and move Osman centrally, and from then on we looked comfortable again and Osman went from being anonymous to be involved with everything. It shows he has got it in there but we had a 20-25mins period where we were really up against it and couldnt get the ball back at all and he stood there dithering, and then made the wrong call before eventually getting it right. Its very frustrating because he keeps proving to us all that he knows what he is doing, but then goes and does something else the next time a similar situation arises. It could have cost us points and luckily it didnt this weekend.

yeah he only set a goal up :P

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news//tm_headline=everton-fc-latest-injured-louis-saha-fears-he-could-be-out-for-season%26method=full%26objectid=28393008%26siteid=92534-name_page.html

Why can't something like this happen to Vic and not someone who we bloody need?!

I've heard Rodwell and Cahill will be out for a while too.