IGNORED

Fuckin Redknapp!

If Moyes goes to Spurs, its a sideways move for all parties. If you were going into a cup final tomorrow, you'd take their team, but what about in 3 years when Bale, Modric, Van Der Vaart and Adebayor all piss off to earn bigger bucks elsewhere, and Friedel and Parker are retired? You've got a crap squad then.

I can't believe people are so fine with the prospect of this to be honest. Bielsa? Bilic? Yeah right. We'll end up with some crater faced relegation fodder like McCarthy or McLeish. All the managers that even had a hint of potential about them have already moved on - Rodgers, Lambert, Hughton.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to confirm that Redknapp has definatly gone from Spurs (sacked).

Harry Redknapp has been dismissed as manager of Tottenham Hotspur after the chairman, Daniel Levy, refused to grant him the contract and assurances that he wanted. The manager was forced to confront his exit strategy and has reached a settlement on the final 12 months of his deal

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/13/harry-redknapp-sacked-tottenham-hotspur?newsfeed=true

I had a look on the Spurs official site about 20 minutes ago and there wasn't even a mention of Redknapp, it was all to do with their players involved in the euro soccer. But now, the BBC sports page has mentioned it with 'Moyes favorite' by all accounts to fill the void. Jurgen Klinsmann and Martinez are also highly expected for a chance of the vacancy now. Must say, still feel surprised that old Redknapp has left the club at this time, but it is not a sure bet that Moyes will take over, Yes, it could happen, but let's just wait and see what develops.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18436663

I was reading about it on Grand Old Team, there's a whole 35 pages devoted to this rumor, all I know is, I listen to Talksport with the fucking sound off, that's the best way, you know how it is with these presenters or individuals when they get on their little social networking pages, gives them something to do, along with everyone else for that matter. Unless I see actual evidence that Moyes (or indeed Redknapp) has departed in way of a club statement for example I can't read too much into it, I try not to get involved in these things If I can help it. Why would Redknapp even leave Spurs to give Moyes the chance of the vacancy?, he missed out on the national job, and did really well last season, I think what it was, was missing out on a champions league place, that must have hurt, but still next season, and with a good side and him in charge they could do well again, he would prove much more successful than Moyes would for them. Not sure what to make of all this but I do hope there's some resolvement soon with this issue.

wasn't his choice as i'm sure you know by now

Unsure if it would happen but how would people feel if it was Harry himself that took over at Everton? I don't like the man, but I think he's a decent manager and you can't deny he did a fantastic job last season with Spurs (bar the last couple of months). With his transfer policy of 'Whatever Moyes wants I want' we'll probably end up with some good players coming into the club and I think he would at least keep us clear from relegation.

Guest Nikica

He's an overrated manager who possesses minimal tactical acumen and has never won anything in his career. Spurs can do better than him in all honesty. He's a mid-table or relegation manager, not the manager of a top 6 team.

Apparently the Spurs fans were wanting him gone for ages.

Edited by Nikica

André Villas-Boas is threatening to pull out of talks about replacing Harry Redknapp at Tottenham Hotspur after discovering the club are still speaking to other candidates at the same time as talking to him about the job.

Villas-Boas's information is also that Tottenham will sell Luka Modric to Real Madrid this summer and though that has not put him off the idea of returning to London, the former Chelsea manager is unhappy about what he perceives as mixed signals from White Hart Lane. In particular he is unimpressed the chairman, Daniel Levy, is still considering other options despite holding lengthy talks with him over the past week about taking over from the sacked Redknapp

I get the feeling that Blanc will end up being the new manager if I'm being honest. I thought that Luka was set on moving to Manchester United too but I woulden't argue if he went to go and play for Real Madrid.