IGNORED

Fuckin Redknapp!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harry Redknapp has the best record, statistically speaking, of any Spurs manager since the club joined the Football League in 1908.

As for spending a lot, Spurs brought-in three first choice players this summer - Brad Friedel, Scott Parker and Emmanuel Adebayor for a total outlay of just £5 million.

During the same transfer window, Spurs sold-on players to the value of £31.5 million and considerably reduced our annual wage bill in the process.

What about Sir William Nicholson and Arthur Rowe ?

I consider my self to be a realistic Lilywhite

and these are the facts, we do have a history of employing morally corrupt Managers: Venables was caught with his hand in the till, and unceremoniously sacked by easy going Alan Sugar, David Pleat was caught paying for sex outside Kenilworth rd, and I am sure none of us would buy a 2nd hand Ford Focus from O'nest Arrys Car emporium, despite his claims of 1 previous lady owner and Mickied service history and odd looking MOT tickets.

However as a fan I care more about success on the field and Spurs finishing as high in the league as possible, and maybe some silverware as well, I was one of the few at the time that agreed with the sacking of Venables, and felt really angry at waht he had done, basically stealing of us the fans. Pleat I could care less he felt the need to sleep with Prostitutes, that was between him and his wife and Redknapp is a bit of a tax dodger so what, everybody's at it In my Job I see Mortgage fraud and all manner of Benefit fraud every day, Of course I report it and do my best to ensure these people are investigated by the appropriate authorities, but sadly in the main very little is done.

Tottenham despite announcing record profits and having one of the richest owners in billionaire Joe Lewis, are Skint, I know this to be fact as they are desperate to raise the funds for a new 60,000 seater Stadium, which is why they have spent fuck all for 2 years.

Spurs at the moment are playing some of the best football I have seen since the halcyon days of the Eighties, and who knows how far we can go, but how much of that is down to Redknapp, it is well known in the football world he is not a great tactician, but he certainly knows how to get the best out of players, but most of the current 1st team are not Redknapp acquisitions,

Bale - Commoli

Modric - Comoli

Van der vaart - Levy

Assou-Ekotto - Commoli

Walker - Pleat

Adebayor - Levy

Sandro - Levy

Pavlychenko - Levy/Ramos

Lennon - Commoli/Jol

King - Tottenham youth

Dawson - Arnesen

Defoe - Resigned by Redknapp from Portsmouth

Kaboul - Resigned by Redknapp from Portsmouth

Parker - is the only true Redknapp signing

Are spurs just lucky to have a group of players doing the business at the right time or is Redknapp the Mastermind behind it all?

And the big question who will replace him Next year Moyes ?

I consider my self to be a realistic Lilywhite

and these are the facts, we do have a history of employing morally corrupt Managers: Venables was caught with his hand in the till, and unceremoniously sacked by easy going Alan Sugar, David Pleat was caught paying for sex outside Kenilworth rd, and I am sure none of us would buy a 2nd hand Ford Focus from O'nest Arrys Car emporium, despite his claims of 1 previous lady owner and Mickied service history and odd looking MOT tickets.

However as a fan I care more about success on the field and Spurs finishing as high in the league as possible, and maybe some silverware as well, I was one of the few at the time that agreed with the sacking of Venables, and felt really angry at waht he had done, basically stealing of us the fans. Pleat I could care less he felt the need to sleep with Prostitutes, that was between him and his wife and Redknapp is a bit of a tax dodger so what, everybody's at it In my Job I see Mortgage fraud and all manner of Benefit fraud every day, Of course I report it and do my best to ensure these people are investigated by the appropriate authorities, but sadly in the main very little is done.

Tottenham despite announcing record profits and having one of the richest owners in billionaire Joe Lewis, are Skint, I know this to be fact as they are desperate to raise the funds for a new 60,000 seater Stadium, which is why they have spent fuck all for 2 years.

Spurs at the moment are playing some of the best football I have seen since the halcyon days of the Eighties, and who knows how far we can go, but how much of that is down to Redknapp, it is well known in the football world he is not a great tactician, but he certainly knows how to get the best out of players, but most of the current 1st team are not Redknapp acquisitions,

Bale - Commoli

Modric - Comoli

Van der vaart - Levy

Assou-Ekotto - Commoli

Walker - Pleat

Adebayor - Levy

Sandro - Levy

Pavlychenko - Levy/Ramos

Lennon - Commoli/Jol

King - Tottenham youth

Dawson - Arnesen

Defoe - Resigned by Redknapp from Portsmouth

Kaboul - Resigned by Redknapp from Portsmouth

Parker - is the only true Redknapp signing

Are spurs just lucky to have a group of players doing the business at the right time or is Redknapp the Mastermind behind it all?

And the big question who will replace him Next year Moyes ?

I have thought he will for some time now - since Capello said 2012. The only way we'll keep him is there is a major cash boost here. Wouldn't begrudge him the opportunity either.

• 2 weeks later...

It's great when a team are in form, but form is temporary. Being able to keep form lasting a bit longer than it might, is often down to a squad size, and Spurs have a strong squad. It struck me as interesting they turned down a reported £40m for Modric though. Harry could have used the money if allowed, but perhaps he was told it wouldn't be available for him, which could be why he chose to keep Modric. If it was to be made available, and he chose to keep the player, then fair play to the guy. He's a good manager, but likes to spend, and some clubs he managed are now in hardship, so not sure I'd want him anywhere near Everton. Would he want an England job that requires no wheeling and dealing? I can't see that ticking all his boxes, unless the pay check was tempting. At his time of life, wouldn't he be better retiring, and enjoying life?

Harry's a hoarder. Bought Pienaar for pretty much no reason other than to have another midfielder and tried to do the same with Phil Neville.

It always baffled me why he bought Bale, van der Vaart, Sandro, Parker etc. when Spurs had two centre halves in the squad.

I hate the bloke to be honest, and although their team are great to watch, it would kill me to see them finish in the top 4. Just imagine how Mers and co on Sky Sports Soccer Saturday would be going on about what a "great bloke old 'Arry is" and how he's such a great manager for spending millions of pounds and having something to show for it. Managers like Moyes and Wenger who can qualify for Europe without spending huge sums of money deserve infinitely more praise.

New-era Dalglish too. Carroll, Downing and Henderson have got to be three of the most disappointing signings in terms of value for money this decade so far, although I accept Henderson is still young. Not bad for your first 12 months Kenny!

I remember when he was at Bournemouth, and had that shock win over Manchester United in the FA Cup when he was just starting out, we went on to win that years tournament by the way

I don't really mind Redknapp, he is a fine motivator, but once he led Portsmouth to the FA Cup three years ago he did another turning his back job, went off to Spurs and took all the best players he had at Fratton Park at the time with him, the man has more pieces of silver than a greedy pirate

He's done well at Spurs so far, but I still think Keith Burkenshaw was the last great manager they had, between 1981-85 they had a great spell of success, wasn't nowhere near as popular or good as Nicholson in the 60s but I remember he really was a fine manager and led the club to some serious honors. Even this season, Redknapp and Spurs face elimination from the UEFA cup at a relatively early stage, and back in August there was even some talk of Spurs winning the League Title this season, but I think they can forget that

I remember when he was at Bournemouth, and had that shock win over Manchester United in the FA Cup when he was just starting out, we went on to win that years tournament by the way

I don't really mind Redknapp, he is a fine motivator, but once he led Portsmouth to the FA Cup three years ago he did another turning his back job, went off to Spurs and took all the best players he had at Fratton Park at the time with him, the man has more pieces of silver than a greedy pirate

He's done well at Spurs so far, but I still think Keith Burkenshaw was the last great manager they had, between 1981-85 they had a great spell of success, wasn't nowhere near as popular or good as Nicholson in the 60s but I remember he really was a fine manager and led the club to some serious honors. Even this season, Redknapp and Spurs face elimination from the UEFA cup at a relatively early stage, and back in August there was even some talk of Spurs winning the League Title this season, but I think they can forget that

If I was a betting man, I'd put a few quid on Spurs this year.

They are in 3rd place with a game in hand, which if won, would put them in second, and they have the squad to keep the momentum going. Their only snag is that the 2 Manc clubs are now out of Europe.

If I was a betting man, I'd put a few quid on Spurs this year.

They are in 3rd place with a game in hand, which if won, would put them in second, and they have the squad to keep the momentum going. Their only snag is that the 2 Manc clubs are now out of Europe.

Thought they were in the Europa league now? Though they should walk through most games there though without issue if they are. Anyway, for the rest I completely agree, Spurs is worth a fiver or so. Think Newcastles early success also helped them stay out of the media radar.

Thought they were in the Europa league now? Though they should walk through most games there though without issue if they are. Anyway, for the rest I completely agree, Spurs is worth a fiver or so. Think Newcastles early success also helped them stay out of the media radar.

Out of European Champions league - i.e, they will be full steam looking for the league title. I prefer the word ostentatious over pedantic, though both are equally tedious.rolleyes.gif

Out of European Champions league - i.e, they will be full steam looking for the league title. I prefer the word ostentatious over pedantic, though both are equally tedious.rolleyes.gif

Still a lot of games to play though is what I meant, albeit against "lesser" opposition. I think they will want to go for both (league and EL). Getting kicked out of the CL and Europa will be a big kick to the ego.

Still a lot of games to play though is what I meant, albeit against "lesser" opposition. I think they will want to go for both (league and EL). Getting kicked out of the CL and Europa will be a big kick to the ego.

I can see Mancini going for it, because he has the squad, but I can only envisage Ferguson playing his second stringers. He won't want to let City win the league.

I can see Mancini going for it, because he has the squad, but I can only envisage Ferguson playing his second stringers. He won't want to let City win the league.

yeah fair point. Personally hoping that neither win anything and Chelsea win the league, that would make me laugh!

It's City's to lose

I have watched all of Spurs games so far this season, and it is the best I have seen the play since 86-87 when we had Hoddle Waddle, but in all honesty we need to create 10 goal scoring chances to Score 1, which is a worry Van der vaart is our best finisher, and although Adebayor has bought a bit more quality up front, it is our inability to turn our dominance in games to easy wins that will be our undoing, if we were to play Everton right now I would not be confident of getting a result.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...