IGNORED

Pre-Season: Villareal (Home)

rubecula

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dived freekick edge of the box, stunning free kick top left corner 0-1 villareal, rossi, shot got inch of hit to barkley on it way to goal.

edit: villareal almost did second from quick attack, brilliant leg save from TIm

Edited by LexKing

What is this obsession Moyes has with playing strikers on the left all of a sudden? Stick Beckford upfront for christ sake!

Yes Matt i believe he did laugh.png

He's probably been watching Barcelona lately. But seriously, Gueye isn't on the bench and someone has to play there.

Bad challenge from Beckford there.

Shit second half.

What have we learned from pre-season?

1. We have got ourselves a player in Barkley.

2. We still have trouble scoring goals.

3. Our defense still looks shakey.

And Cahill and Rodwell better step up.

Edited by Steve_E

Okay, it was wahat i wanted, lot better tahn vs bremen. Good to see Felli back and he was very good. Barkley was again good on attacking direction, he needs lot more experience to defensive jobs, but we need a player on the pitch with some vision to how to go up. Seamus injuring was the worst part of todays game. Were were playing okay, not too many chances today , Louis and Bainesy could have put those spots in. Our game went shite after those subs started.

Have to say we looked better with Coleman than Cahill.

In a game where we are on top and gettng plenty of corners and free kicks Cahill comes into his own, but tonight no way!!

Saha, Baines and Coleman could have scored and confidence would have improved.

Edited by Blue 250

shite

again no balance in midfield..fuckin brilliant moyes well played

to borrow one of your well known phrases Marco, complete DOGWANK, dont even know were to start?

Jags looked shakey at best, Disitin only slightly better, Neville ok, but out of position quite a lot,

we have better players in the womens team than Anichebe, shocking that he is a top flight player on god knows how much a week,

Rodwell, did he actually play? i saw someone who looked like him but they seemed to just be taking a nice stroll,

Cahill, passed to another player maybe twice, the rest of the time it went to a yellow shirt

Baines, Coleman and Barkley are the only positives from it, and look what happened to Seamus sad.png

we really need to sort out the way we push forward as well, if Howard insists on smashing the ball forward like that all the time, thats fine but we need somone up there to run on to it, Saha is never going to do that, never has, never will

one week to go, and Moyes has A LOT of sorting out to do, we need to bring a forward in who can run on to the ball, asap

Edited by theprisoner

If we were to sign a player, I'd prefer a winger rather than a striker. I think Saha is the perfect 4-3-3 striker. Playing with his back towards the goal, holding the ball up, coming into the the ball and getting himself involved in the build up play. But we need wingers making runs in behind then. Anichebe doesn't provide that, neither does Coleman really. And we need the two attacking midfielders making runs into the box as well. Barkley did that a couple of times, but Rodwell and Cahill didn't.

If Moyes were to go someday, I would love a Dutch manager. Someone like Co Adriaanse. No matter how shit his team is, they always play recognizable and attacking football in a 4-3-3 formation. If the goalkeeper has the ball, the backs move up the pitch and the central defenders open up to get the ball. If the opposition pressurizes them, the holding midfielder comes to collect the ball. His teams play pass and move, one touch football, triangles... Great to watch and effective.

Guest blueboy122

Same old shite. Everytime we have the ball we give it away by eithier miss placing passes or just tossing it aimlessly into the box its pathetic. You watch every time one of our players has the ball that is'nt one option on for him apart from the hit it long and hope we get a deflection for a corner or deflection which takes it into our path its a fucking joke. We were shown up there in the 2nd half. To me though it is so so easy when we have possesion lets get close lets make a triangle give the man with the ball an outlet, its not rocket science for fuck sake look at the way villarreal did it, just give themselves options rather than running away from the man in possesion which we do, so we force ourselves into a blind pass or into an alley surrounded by opposition defenders and hope we get a rebound for the throw. Theres so much I want to say on how we could improve by just doing the school boy basics but I just cant be arsed.

I dont know how many times its been said by all evertonians but what the hell is victor anichebe? Please someone inform on what he brings to the team. He's pathetic.

Edited by blueboy122

There were glimpses to note, but a week before the new season we still look like we don't know what we are doing.

Villarael are good, but their strikeforce was poor today, which saved us a little.

The midfield had some useful players in it, but I'd rather stick with Beckford up front, as he can keep up with the pace. We're better with Osman than without I feel.

There were glimpses to note, but a week before the new season we still look like we don't know what we are doing.

Villarael are good, but their strikeforce was poor today, which saved us a little.

The midfield had some useful players in it, but I'd rather stick with Beckford up front, as he can keep up with the pace. We're better with Osman than without I feel.

This

dont really care about the result or the performance, just worried about Coleman. I know the OS is saying no break but i can see him being out for a month, was a horrific challenge.

As for the rest, you could tell it was a friendly, with the 2 exceptions of Baines and Barkely. this is the 1st time ive seen Barkely and Ive been holding off telling you all to calm down and not get to excited but after watching him last night.... wow, that lad is going to be awesome.

Yes, Villareal had a lot of possession but what did they do with it? Same boring, tedious spanish crap of passing it around, getting nowhere and acting like a bunch of nancies when they were tackled, swarming the referee to force a decision - in a friendly!!! I hate spanish football, anyone who tells me its the best in the world needs medication in my opinion. If it wasnt for that wonderstrike of a freekick it wouldve played out to a 0-0 draw.