IGNORED

What does EFC mean to you?

Hello,

I'm a student doing my final year dissertation and and doing some research into the role of football clubs in our identities.

I've created a questionnaire to collect some views and opinions and would really appreciate if you gave it a go.

If you have anything else to say about what the club means to you or anything else mentioned you can write it here.

Thanks very much.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9TQRF95

to me its what makes me matt. I love the colour blue, and HATE anything red. i own very few items in the house that are red, and not a single item of clothing. Its the nod you get when you see another everton fan in the street, that only Evertonians understand. Its the pain and the anguish, that make the small amounts of happiness seem even better. Its being able to say my team are an honest team and dont cheat. its being able to smile at Man City spending 100 millions of pounds knowing that we are producing a better player in our youth academy. Its the goose bumps i get thinking of Stuart and Horne keeping us in the prem when we beat the dons 3-2 on the final day of the season. Its the thrill i get watching Rideout diving header against man utd in the 28th minute against Utd in the 95 cup final. Then there was Duncans header against liverpool for his first goal, Rooneys first against arsenal, peter beagries back flip, but probably its the moment i met big nev when i was 12 and had a picture of us with his massive arm around me! thats the things what everton means to me. LIFE. (my boy had his first everton kit aged 1day!)

to me its what makes me matt. I love the colour blue, and HATE anything red. i own very few items in the house that are red, and not a single item of clothing. Its the nod you get when you see another everton fan in the street, that only Evertonians understand. Its the pain and the anguish, that make the small amounts of happiness seem even better. Its being able to say my team are an honest team and dont cheat. its being able to smile at Man City spending 100 millions of pounds knowing that we are producing a better player in our youth academy. Its the goose bumps i get thinking of Stuart and Horne keeping us in the prem when we beat the dons 3-2 on the final day of the season. Its the thrill i get watching Rideout diving header against man utd in the 28th minute against Utd in the 95 cup final. Then there was Duncans header against liverpool for his first goal, Rooneys first against arsenal, peter beagries back flip, but probably its the moment i met big nev when i was 12 and had a picture of us with his massive arm around me! thats the things what everton means to me. LIFE. (my boy had his first everton kit aged 1day!)

That is soooo true about getting the nod! We are the Firm, we are a family, we are EVERTON.worship[1].gif

shaking fist.png Take yourself outside and have a word with yourself Matt, you are obviously being swayed by the other half but man up and get rid of anything even remotely red from your house!

Everton will outlast all my birthdays, marriages, births and bereavements. It will outlast all my friendships. It is one of the few constants I will take to my grave. I don’t say that in a ‘Everton till I die’ way, either. Why a football club arouses such devotion and loyalty (you’re far more likely to leave your partner than your team), is beyond me. Perhaps it’s the association with one’s childhood. Like a lot of things, I feel I should have grown out of it. But I haven't. Damned club.

To me everton is part of my blood, my dad, cousins, uncles, grandad and great grandad. It's the one thing we all have in common, and now I'm older I love nothing more than taking my old man to the match like he did to me when I was little.

I must say, my living room has a fair bit of red. But like a straight man who comfortably goes out in pink (I do that) I'm comfortable around red, I find blue is too deep for me to give a shit about red.

Everton will outlast all my birthdays, marriages, births and bereavements. It will outlast all my friendships. It is one of the few constants I will take to my grave. I don’t say that in a ‘Everton till I die’ way, either. Why a football club arouses such devotion and loyalty (you’re far more likely to leave your partner than your team), is beyond me. Perhaps it’s the association with one’s childhood. Like a lot of things, I feel I should have grown out of it. But I haven't. Damned club.

Nail. Head.

It's a family thing, something I share with my Dad and one of the only things he had in common with his. Its the memories Goodison holds for me as a Kid, Z Cars, Duncan Ferguson, David Unsworth & Gravesen, Scouse Pies, those blue stones that go around the pitch, Everton mints, Chang, OPERATION GOODISON EXERCISE, The Wilmslow, "Everton's gonna win the cup, big Dave's gonna lift them up, Let's go, let's go, let's go, let's go, Horse Shit on the Bullens Road, Stanley Park & the Color Blue.

A club in an area with little recreational options, causing it's habitants to be classed as sub species... Sorry I was quoting someone there, not my opinion, even though I'm from the Wirral and probably Considerably richer than yow!

I was born in Liverpool, my mother and father were born in Liverpool, a lot of my family were born in Liverpool and are still there. I have never called more than one person a sub standard human being. It was also a joke.

Hope that helps you get you're facts right and stop being so rude and ignorant.

I was born in Liverpool, my mother and father were born in Liverpool, a lot of my family were born in Liverpool and are still there. I have never called more than one person a sub standard human being. It was also a joke.

Hope that helps you get you're facts right and stop being so rude and ignorant.

Same can be said for Donny Tourette, more to being scouse than being born here. Eg. Ricky Tomlinson(born in b'pool) > Cilla Black. Your sense of humour or jus plain childishness is not fitting with the scouse mentality. You started off well with your 1st post(guessing u were trolling) but then much like a Piers Morgan-esque arsewhipe you've jus shit in everyones ears for your own amusement. Am guessing you're really a spurs fan, cos theres no way you're really an Evertonian. Either stop being a cunt or fuck off! I tend to disagree with Hafnia meself, but he probably has the majority of peoples views atm, and even if he doesn't theres no reason to be an absolute prick about different views. Argue... lose, win or agree to disagree, there the 3 options no point in goin in circles jus because you're a petulant idiot. You have wasted too much of my time and many others with your petty replies and immature responses. Yer mum and dad probably moved away from L'pool cos they were ashamed to have such a wanker of a son(assuming your male, although i wouldn't be surprised if your 1st name was tam seems how blood thirsty you are). Apologies to any one else who reads this post, i'd inbox it to him but he'd jus start a topic about me not messaging any one else anyway

Edited by pete0

Same can be said for Donny Tourette, more to being scouse than being born here. Eg. Ricky Tomlinson(born in b'pool) > Cilla Black. Your sense of humour or jus plain childishness is not fitting with the scouse mentality. You started off well with your 1st post(guessing u were trolling) but then much like a Piers Morgan-esque arsewhipe you've jus shit in everyones ears for your own amusement. Am guessing you're really a spurs fan, cos theres no way you're really an Evertonian. Either stop being a cunt or fuck off! I tend to disagree with Hafnia meself, but he probably has the majority of peoples views atm, and even if he doesn't theres no reason to be an absolute prick about different views. Argue... lose, win or agree to disagree, there the 3 options no point in goin in circles jus because you're a petulant idiot. You have wasted too much of my time and many others with your petty replies and immature responses. Yer mum and dad probably moved away from L'pool cos they were ashamed to have such a wanker of a son(assuming your male, although i wouldn't be surprised if your 1st name was tam seems how blood thirsty you are). Apologies to any one else who reads this post, i'd inbox it to him but he'd jus start a topic about me not messaging any one else anyway

Tips hat wink.png

Maybe wouldn't have worded it like that but I think you've summed this chap up for many on here. Past a joke really.

You really need to get out more and seek help immediately rofl.gif

Let's see how the moderators deal with your post. If this is ok, then it's open season. jump%20for%20joy.gif

Edited by pax

I will be speaking to the others mods about what's going on.

The every increasing number of people who are getting wound up with your attitude speaks volumes to me pax.

Maybe some people should take responsibility for their own actions and words?

Maybe some people should take responsibility for their own actions and words?

Yes, maybe you should. You are seriously making a mess of this forum.

I strongly suggest reading some threads from before you came here to see the difference.

If you want to be part of how things were before you started messing this place up then fine, but if you don't want to be part of it then please leave as we have all spent too much time here to have it ruined.

Pax, (and Hafnia) ..........

Tomorrow is a new day. If you can both get through it without fighting, it will be a good day for everybody.

Pre-season is very frustrating for fans, and arguments blow up easily. The season starts in a few days and we all have plenty to look forward to.

Try not to keep quoting each other with little digs, even if they're meant in humour, and soon it will all blow over. We've all had arguments on forums, but once you stand out as a member amongst hundreds, it's a good sign things have gone too far.

There's not many mods who will let you have a go at them too often without banning you, so that says a lot about the mods here. They can't be all that bad. Heck, they let me post here. wink.png

Stop now, and when the season kicks off, nobody will even remember (or care) . smile.png