IGNORED

Community shield

What a game that was!!!

United must be the team to beat this year, even their second choice back four in the second half were brilliant.

Their second goal was awesome

Lucky because their 1st choice back 4 were shite 1st half!!!

Their (united) 2nd goal was a class move.

Long term partnership of jones and smalling could be great, good for England too.

Second goal was barca all over.

Really don't see Jones making it at Utd think he will be no better than Shawcross. Smalling's come on leaps and bounds and proved me wrong but i've seen a lot more of Jones and can not understand the hype. Reminds me of a wannabe Terry.

Wow, no fighting in this thread. At last.

Am I the only one who looked at todays goals and wondered if one or two weren't scripted?

Utd Defender pulls out of tackle just before City player hits one from a million yards out, only to beat a world class keeper less than a yard from keepers position?

Winning UTD goal comes from 2 City defenders, one of whom walks away from the ball, being unable to deal with a clearance?

All too weird.

Highlights:

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/manchester-united-3%E2%80%93-manchester-city-longer-highlights-14694694/

tbh that game summed up everything that makes english football just boring now, im so fed up of the prem its not true, whilst there was some good goals, the utd goal the dzecko goal, straight after the match, it was the usual shite, about how utd have won the league already nobody will get anywhere near them, the season has'nt even fucking started yet!!! and mancini's negativity is just beyond belief, with those calibre of players as well, as for ballotelli he does'nt realise what he has been blessed with and is just a spoiled little fucking numpty, id so punch him if i saw him and tell him what i thought.

a seriously bored Simon(prisoner) at the moment :(

They said at half time De Gae had been beated from distance more than anyone in La Liga last year.

I think they are hoping to mould him, if they do they could get 20 years out of him.

Can they afford to mould him? If it takes time and he isnt the complete article surely they need more than that. I had my money on Stekelenburg going there and carrying on the dutch theme and then prob a season or two for De Gea.

I dont think he is bad but I did think Utd aspired to a little more than moulding a keeper, they need one ready for the here and now. I wouldnt want us to sign and play a keeper with potential, every mistake undermines confidence, mistakes in big games even more so. Be interesting to see how picks himself up.

And surely that silly fucking beard has got to go, bum fluff does not constitute a beard young man

no not at all, apart from that one goal i was very impressed.

i just really rate Neuer higher, seen him in maybe 8 games last year and he was just outstanding.

i intend to follow the German football this season instead of the boring prem, so i will tell you how good Neuer is at the end of the season and Holtby

i intend to follow the German football this season instead of the boring prem, so i will tell you how good Neuer is at the end of the season and Holtby

If you watch German football shouldn't you already know enough about Neuer?

Intends to follow Mark, he hasn't yet. Just implying he will (future tense) :)