IGNORED

A question for Everton fans

Obviously our big rivals are Arsenal who we refer to as the Gooners, Scum and all manner of un-savoury insults, some begining with C

And I would say it certainly is not friendly banter, and Derby day is not very nice

But I have always thought the Mersey side derby a bit more friendlier with no violence and all Jovial banter which is how it should be

Now I put this down to it being a southern / Northern thing, everybody knows that generally Northerners are more friendly than southerners and Londoners are generally more aggressive than anyone else ( this is fact by the way )

But how do you view Liverpool ?

My dislike for them stems from the late70's when every bloody year they won the title and you would see Bob Paisley and Kevin Sodding Keegan Grinning from ear to ear after another success

I would also like to add that I personally bear no supporter of any team any Malice Even arsenal or chelsea

but maybe Ipswich

can't stand um..they have ego's bigger than hilary clinton's arse and a god complex that makes them believe they have a divine right to win all the time...the fans are clowns who think cos of their 'history' they should win the league every year and last year was the first time i heard some admit they won't win it..this season they're back to we're gonna win the league again and all that crap..wankers

(obviously i'm talkin from just personal experience and i'm generalising because there are a couple around here that are sound)

The friendly 'Derby' went out of the window years ago. True there are many mixed families but the animosity both on and off the field has deteriorated rapidly over the last ten years. It may be Liverpool's lack of league success and them being overtaken by other close rivals (Man Utd) has seen their superior attitude challenged. Their success may have brought them trophies, worldwide acknowledgement and to a degree wealth but it also brought them arrogance borne out by the like of Emlyn Huhes, Phil Thompson, Graeme Souness, Keegan, Kenny Dalgleish in the 80's. This was further enhanced by Benitez, just when things began to settle down between both sets of supporters, as the late 80's and 90's brought very bad atmosphere at the grounds and real hooliganism in the city centre after matches, Benitez' comments about us being a 'small club' re-opened the hatred, if it wasn't closed that much anyway.

Personally I detest all they stand for and all they do but then again I am BITTER.

They only seem to care that they won on the weekend and if Everton have not. Not many actually watch football "did we win?" and "am a liverpool fan, why would i watch any one else?" is a common out of them. But then they'll say people like Bale are amazing even though they've never watched him apart from one(twice if they had sky) champs league game that was on tele. Take away the sunday rags and they wouldn't even know the score. Apparently Suarez is the best striker in the league not that they has heard of him before the transfer but because they seen his record in Holland.

Throw the bitter blues shouts, like manks throw the scouse robbers self projections, because deep down they know there glory hunters and get away with murder(literally).

So on Mersey side would you say it was a fairly even split between Everton and Liverpool with a smattering of Tranmere fans or like Manchester, proper scousers everton fans with a lot of Liverpool coming from elswhere hang on the shirt tails of former glory,

Because there seems to be a fair few of those about especially around here, there's one in my Office, born and bred in Ipswich talks like should be selling fertilizer but Loves Liverpool FC, he'd never heard of Ian Rush or Steve Highway and has only been to anfield twice.

I was thinking because your 2 grounds are really close, isn't the potential for violence more present, if Tottenham and the Scum were that close it would be kicking off all the time

Proximity of the grounds has the reverse effect for violence as both sets of fans live there. It is not really an every day occurence apart from the verbal banter, however there are hardcore who will find trouble every weekend in the city centre.

Whether support is evenly split, we will never know. You can look at history and see until the 1960' there was only really Everton competing for honours and Liverpool would even get crowds of less than 20,000.

Triumph breeds the hangers on and that is certainly what has happened here. Most reds, and older ones agree, think that football started in the 1970's.

Personal friends of mine have never been to Anfield but will watch the game every week in the pub with their replica shirt on. I can jeer and mock them all I want but it is their decision.

You can go into the city cntre on any given Liverpool match day and see hundreds thousands of Asian, Irish, Norwegain, West Country supporters in their latest Liverpool fashion, it brings them revenue and that is what it is all about these days.

This is another cause for the resentment because these fans don't really nkow the hisory of both clubs, their fans and in fact the city in general.

I don't think there should be any hatred toward toward fans of other team. You might not like the person because he brags about his club but that doesn't mean you should hate them all. I think the arguing should stay on the pitch and you should have a friendly discussion about each club. I really wish it would back like the old days (from what I heard) where Everton supporters would watch Everton one week and just to watch some football would watch liverpool the next. Also, I visited Liverpool for my first time this week and I was very pleased to see more people in Everton equipment then people in liverpool equipment :)

I think it is very different between Spurs and Le Arse its real hatred from both sides, I'll have bit of banter with a couple of guys from in the office and we will have a reasonable conversation on the pluses and minuses of both teams but in reality we wouldn't piss on each other if we were on fire, I know my Granddad used to go and watch both but he never had a good word to say about them,and I have seen some terrible violence at the games between the 2, I would consider myself to be quite a rational intelligent man but just hate the cults I would love to see them relegated, and go out of business never to be heard of again.

They go on about Spurs not winning the title since 61, and that we never beat them and the Jewish thing, making hissing noises pretending to be gas chambers is just sick,its very rare that you will find one that has a clue about football, and ask them how many european trophys they've won all they can say is that's history ah but what have they won lately.

By the way probably shouldn't mention this but Spurs are partly responsible for Liverpools success in the 70s

does anybody know how and why ?

I think it is very different between Spurs and Le Arse its real hatred from both sides, I'll have bit of banter with a couple of guys from in the office and we will have a reasonable conversation on the pluses and minuses of both teams but in reality we wouldn't piss on each other if we were on fire, I know my Granddad used to go and watch both but he never had a good word to say about them,and I have seen some terrible violence at the games between the 2, I would consider myself to be quite a rational intelligent man but just hate the cults I would love to see them relegated, and go out of business never to be heard of again.

They go on about Spurs not winning the title since 61, and that we never beat them and the Jewish thing, making hissing noises pretending to be gas chambers is just sick,its very rare that you will find one that has a clue about football, and ask them how many european trophys they've won all they can say is that's history ah but what have they won lately.

By the way probably shouldn't mention this but Spurs are partly responsible for Liverpools success in the 70s

does anybody know how and why ?

You have me intrigued, Was it a particular signing?

I've been to Liverpool a couple of times to watch Everton play and both times I was amazed to see groups of people (young and old) wearing both red and blue football shirts. My Mum's family live in Sunderland so you will not see a single black and white shirt in Sunderland or red and white in Newcastle, the difference is amazing!

You have me intrigued, Was it a particular signing?

Tottenham won the league in 1951 under manager Arthur Rowe who developed a new style of play he called Push and Run, which at the time was revolutionary, and opposition teams could not cope with the speed of the Spurs attacks and were beguiled by their speed of movement, unfortunately they could not follow up their success the following year, as a severe winter ruined the pitches all over the country, which affected Spurs passing style, which was not suited to heavy muddy pitches, Bill Shankly took over as Liverpool manager in 1959 and it wasn't until the mid 60's that Shankly developed Push and Run again which was the basis for their success, and was the antitheses of the great Leeds side of Revie who prefered a more physical style of play,

Brian Clough was also a promoter of Push and run at Derby and later forrest, although by then, Arthur Rowe and the term Push and run had long been forgotten, its also worth noting that the Tottenham team of 51 included Alf Ramsey at Right back who went on to win the league with Ipswich (spits) in 62 pipping Spurs to title who finished 2nd, and famously winning the World cup in 66,

Tottenham won the league in 1951 under manager Arthur Rowe who developed a new style of play he called Push and Run, which at the time was revolutionary, and opposition teams could not cope with the speed of the Spurs attacks and were beguiled by their speed of movement, unfortunately they could not follow up their success the following year, as a severe winter ruined the pitches all over the country, which affected Spurs passing style, which was not suited to heavy muddy pitches, Bill Shankly took over as Liverpool manager in 1959 and it wasn't until the mid 60's that Shankly developed Push and Run again which was the basis for their success, and was the antitheses of the great Leeds side of Revie who prefered a more physical style of play,

Brian Clough was also a promoter of Push and run at Derby and later forrest, although by then, Arthur Rowe and the term Push and run had long been forgotten, its also worth noting that the Tottenham team of 51 included Alf Ramsey at Right back who went on to win the league with Ipswich (spits) in 62 pipping Spurs to title who finished 2nd, and famously winning the World cup in 66,

Interesting, can you tell me who invented the 4-5-1 because I personally would love to knock seven shades out of him.

We know Davie moyes invented the 4-6-0 for use against danger teams like west ham, not sure if anyone will dominate using that one.

I care about (hate) them twice a year; when we play them at Goodison and we play them at Anfield.

Obviously, I talk about them throughout the season because I talk about football but they don't really figure on my radar.

This. I kinda nothing them, theyre not worth the emotional effort. The only teams i really hate are those that Sam Allardyce manages or has managed (Bolton and Blackburn mostly) because he plays such shite football and moans like a little bitch with a skimmed knee when things go wrong for him, which is almost constantly.

Liverpool are never dull, they occasionally play nice football, often collapse against lesser teams, they waste millions on crap players and their egos/arrogance are a constant source of amusement. If we are bitter, they are the definition of deluded.

What I do hate though, is how the media worships them, how many of their ex-players have become "experts" and are now pundits (though that is funny really because, Redknapp aside, have you seen how old they are?! Thats a reflection on how long ago it was since they were really successful!) and how they constantly get away with things.

Edited by Matt

Guest blueboy122

And they call evey player going a diving bastard however they fail to recognise that Mr Gerrard taught the likes of Drogba how to dive. Theres a civil war when Drogba does it or Ronaldo but when Gerrard does it no one ever mentions it!

When Gerrard does it, they should have had a free kick in their own half.. so it cancels outrolleyes.gif

Remember he dived outside the box against Villa and scores from the free kick, the excuses they come up to convince them selves is unreal. Am sure the were berating some one for diving the week before as well. Ignorant hypocrites the majority of them.

Edited by pete0