IGNORED

The blue union - Granada news 6pm tonight

Hafnia

The big problem we have is that BK hasnt the money to run the club. Everytime weve got stuck hes sold or borrowed against everything. His comment about mortgaging his house says it all 'i love the club but cant afford it'. Bill and his consortium should have taken over short term but and its only my opinion he likes the thought of being our 'saviour' and is finding it hard to hand it over! I believe he knows where the money is going but is helpless to stop it.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And CEO is for what exactly?

Day to day operations - agreed? and who is he employed by, and what is he to report?

Are you saying that Bill and co just pay him a substantial salary and wait and see what the fans make of the £24m operating costs? Maybe i'm being daft but the majority shareholder in the company and his chums should surely want to understand what money is disappearing from the club when we haven't been able to strengthen for the past two years?

We have a top 6 average match day attendance, but a bottom 4 transfer kitty and the operating costs continue to rise despite loaning players, selling training grounds etc. hmmmmmmmm

Louis, I remember you used to write for a column. I can't remember which.

Do you still do it?

I but have not done one for years.

I don't think this "Other Operating Costs" is that bad to be honest. People go on about it, but it's not really a problem. Obviously Bill Kenwright will know the big ones, such as Finch Farm, travel expenses such as flights, coaches, trains, hotel stays etc. I just think the technical header threw him off.

Day to day operations - agreed? and who is he employed by, and what is he to report?

Are you saying that Bill and co just pay him a substantial salary and wait and see what the fans make of the £24m operating costs? Maybe i'm being daft but the majority shareholder in the company and his chums should surely want to understand what money is disappearing from the club when we haven't been able to strengthen for the past two years?

We have a top 6 average match day attendance, but a bottom 4 transfer kitty and the operating costs continue to rise despite loaning players, selling training grounds etc. hmmmmmmmm

How many clubs fans actually look in depth at club accounts and scrutinise every minute detail? Prob very few

I have no idea how Everton football club is run and neither does any fan (despite what some claim), therefore there is no possible way to answer what report Elstone has to give to Kenwright, obviously 24m other operating costs isnt one of them!

Do I agree with Hafnia? Should Bill know exactly where the money has gone? My answer is yes, he should know. He might not be part of the day to day running of the club, but he is very much involved in the selling of the club, and to be able to sell something, you have to know your product. Simple as that.

Do I agree with Avinalaff and Halewoodblue? Is it Bills fault? The answer is yes, I agree with them because its NOT Bills fault. He has given DM as much as possible.

I do however think that we have bitten off more than we can chew.

im with haf on this..personally i think bill should know where 24m a year is going on the grounds that if i owned a company id want to know where it was going to...that aside he claims to be the best man to sell this club then why doesn't he know the ins and outs of finance? and if he doesn't grasp them kind of figures he shouldn't patronise the guys from BU earlier before failing to answer this question and also should bring a financial expert along to answer such questions

im with haf on this..personally i think bill should know where 24m a year is going on the grounds that if i owned a company id want to know where it was going to...that aside he claims to be the best man to sell this club then why doesn't he know the ins and outs of finance? and if he doesn't grasp them kind of figures he shouldn't patronise the guys from BU earlier before failing to answer this question and also should bring a financial expert along to answer such questions

Agreed, imagine trying to sell a car to a mechanic when you have no clue why it rattles.

Can I ask one question to the positive fans among us.

Do any of you guys accept that as the financial decline has occurred on bills watch for the last 11 years that he has to take responsibility?

A simple yes or no will do.

But are we? I don't really look at the figures that much but I would assume if we wold say Fellain, Rodwell and Jags we'd probably be better off than when BK took over and still have a better team, so have we declined financially or are we simply more in monetary debt but much richer in assets? I thought the debt was something like £70m? that could be virtually wiped out by selling Jags, Fellaini, Arteta, Rodwell, Baines and still leave us with a far better team than when he took over wouldn't it?

If BK hadn't backed Moyes would Moyes still be here, would we still be in the Premiership? if not, wouldn't we be in even bigger trouble? maybe BK's spending has actually put us in a healthier position as dropping to the Championship would cost us about £20m a year wouldn't it?

All I know is I expect the professional businessmen running the club to sort it out as I assume they have a better idea than those on those board, with all due respect.

Great post earlier Avinalaff, I'm like you, yes I love Everton but I'm also a realist and appreciate you can't win them all. I want us to win as much as anyone but at the end of the day, there's more important things to worry about! I'm actually more frustrated by performances like Saturday than the performance of the board, I know we may not be in the best financial position but we have a very good team and there is no excuse for the lack of desire and lack of urgency shown on Saturday - like the first half of last season. Moyes has built an excellent team but I am starting to feel he may have run out of ideas at Everton, he may just have gone stale. Hopefully he will turn it around again as he always has but the players need to start turning up.

we are richer in onfield assets, but all off field assets apart from goodison have been sold.

im not sure if we sold jags felli arteta rodwell and baines that we would have a better team. we would have a very limited team, with just enough pros to put out a full side, and it would be very difficult to attract new players after a firesale.

i agree we cant win them all, i agree bill has backed moyes as much as possible, but it has ultimately put us in a dangerous financial position.

but i am of the opinion that if we need to sell, do it. and quick!

but people need to realise we have all these kids coming through, chances are only one will make it. we cant rely on them to pull us out of it.

We were in danger of entering administration way back in 2004 which was one of the reasons Rooney went. Our financial issues aren't all from recent activity.

very true, we had one asset, we sold it and it was very frustrating to lose such an asset. but as far back as then our board was headed up by the same people who were putting us in this mess.

they havent done it over night.

Can I ask one question to the positive fans among us.

Do any of you guys accept that as the financial decline has occurred on bills watch for the last 11 years that he has to take responsibility?

A simple yes or no will do.

Not sure I can agree that we are in worse financial state now as we were 10 years ago. We aren't likely to get relegated with the team we have now although if we did we would have plenty of saleable assets to stave off administration and still have a crack at getting promoted. 10 years ago not only were we likely to be relegated, we didn't have the saleable assets to save us from administration.

Not true, ten years ago we had bellefield and the academy site that was saleable. We had less debt and the land we owned would have been a lot closer to clearing debts if need be.

We might not be likely to get relegated right now but take a few key players out and we just might be a lot closer.

The worry for me is that we probably do have to sell some key players to stay in business.

Edited by StevO