IGNORED

The blue union - Granada news 6pm tonight

Hafnia

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Alexander, got his album (Reflections) theres some big ballads on that.

That's the man! Bill you old romantic you.

Bought it in the Canaries,(no not Norwich) he was saturday night star performer at the hotel i was at, cost me about £3, its a few years ago now tho.

Not that depressing, theres nothing new there. Except 1 thing: it seems they accept Bill is working his ass off and doing his best for the club but the board are doing sod all. Thats an improvement to me and gives their case a little more credibility.

I'd be happy if they all put their banners away and followed suit.

Following Everton isn't the same with all the politics. The club now know how the fans feel. Backing them into a corner, embarrassing them, or just being general doom and gloom mongers isn't helping.

Thank heavens the season has started and the football will hopefully take priority.

I'd be happy if they all put their banners away and followed suit.

Following Everton isn't the same with all the politics. The club now know how the fans feel. Backing them into a corner, embarrassing them, or just being general doom and gloom mongers isn't helping.

Thank heavens the season has started and the football will hopefully take priority.

Ignorance is bliss, without the people's group many would still be on here arguing that bill is the right man for the job, and that nothing is wrong and we are being run prudently.

Football takes priority for the 90 minutes the players are out there. The politics will continue to remain a big factor whilst we are in this mess. Maybe everton going into the championship won't bother you in the way it would others.

Ignorance is bliss, without the people's group many would still be on here arguing that bill is the right man for the job, and that nothing is wrong and we are being run prudently.

Football takes priority for the 90 minutes the players are out there. The politics will continue to remain a big factor whilst we are in this mess. Maybe everton going into the championship won't bother you in the way it would others.

Thing is they havent done a thing that we didnt already know. Everyone knows were skint and we dont need some group with a big ego going behind the clubs back recording stuff to tell us this. As far as am concernced they have done more harm than good

Thing is they havent done a thing that we didnt already know. Everyone knows were skint and we dont need some group with a big ego going behind the clubs back recording stuff to tell us this. As far as am concernced they have done more harm than good

The ego is the chairman of the club. What get's measured gets attended to and you can't keep putting plasters on wounds, it's tough that many of you can't deal with the fact that we area rudderless ship heading for disaster.

They have exposed the lack of essential business acumen at the helm of the club, the very man who says he is the best salesman can't answer basic questions about the financial blackhole that is the operating costs. Did you see the emails regarding the correspondance between Amanda Stavely regarding non disclosure agreements holding up the potential sale to Sheikh Mansoor?

Hafnia, you keep having these little digs that I'm a fan who maybe doesn't care as much as you.

You couldn't be more wrong.

I'm not just a long term fan, but I ran my own business until March of this year, where I had to retire due to illness, and before my own business, I looked after the businesses of others, on behalf of a national company, so I know a little bit about both sides of the coin.

What I want first and foremost, is for the club to continue trading.

We can sell all the players, all the assets, including the ground, and training facilities, and still have debt that we can't manage, such is the size of the problem if our figures are to be believed.

The first issue is to stop the debt from getting bigger, and because a lot of our revenue is made up from the proceeds of fans, the club has to balance getting rid of debt, with not losing income.

It's not easy, especially in a business like football, so if the fans were banging on our door offering us solutions to our problem, then that is one thing, but banging on the door in order to discredit and complain is another.

My outlook is more that I want what is best for the club, and future and present fans of the club, than what is best for me. In other words, if we go down because we have to, then so be it.

Not being bothered as you put it, comes in many forms. Coming to terms with a situation does too.

It might be best if during these times we worry less about what each other think, (other than acknowledging issues exist and discussing) and leave the professional business matters to professional business men, as nothing a single person on this forum adds to the discussion is likely to change the situation of the club.

I don't need Everton F.C to make my life complete. That comes from other areas in life. That doesn't make me less of a fan though. It simply makes me more of a human being.

If you are one of these fans who wakes up in the morning, and looks out the window in order to see whether or not the game has been rained off, then fair play to you. Personally, I look out of the window every morning to appreciate being alive.

I'm not sure either point of view is wrong, until one point tries to play the other down. smile.png

The ego is the chairman of the club. What get's measured gets attended to and you can't keep putting plasters on wounds, it's tough that many of you can't deal with the fact that we area rudderless ship heading for disaster.

They have exposed the lack of essential business acumen at the helm of the club, the very man who says he is the best salesman can't answer basic questions about the financial blackhole that is the operating costs. Did you see the emails regarding the correspondance between Amanda Stavely regarding non disclosure agreements holding up the potential sale to Sheikh Mansoor?

I would ask you to survey the premiership chairmen and come back to me with how many can answer the same sort of question. Your confusing the chairman, ie the figurehead of the club with the CEO who does the day to day running. In fact scrap that ask any chairman of any big corporation the same thing

I would ask you to survey the premiership chairmen and come back to me with how many can answer the same sort of question. Your confusing the chairman, ie the figurehead of the club with the CEO who does the day to day running. In fact scrap that ask any chairman of any big corporation the same thing

Yup.

Bill might not know the day-to-day runnings of the club but it is still part of his task to know what is happening to the business he is in charge of ESPECIALLY when he is trying to sell the club. If you ask any chairman of the top businesses (or at least the good ones - best to exclude banks!) then they will be able to tell you exactly what is happening with their organisation. They will be able to give a decent break down of the figures, the future plans & areas of weakness & potential growth. Bill didnt have a clue about 90% of the main issues surrounding the club in that interview.

Oh please!!! A chairman who knows about EBITDA but knows nothing about £24m operating costs?! He can't have it both ways. Trust me all the chairmen in that league are financially savvy, it kinda happens when you are millionaire business men.

Oh please!!! A chairman who knows about EBITDA but knows nothing about £24m operating costs?! He can't have it both ways. Trust me all the chairmen in that league are financially savvy, it kinda happens when you are millionaire business men.

Being financial savvy is not the same as knowing what the milkman gets paid. I would be very worried if Elstone couldnt tell us that answer but not the chairman

Being financial savvy is not the same as knowing what the milkman gets paid. I would be very worried if Elstone couldnt tell us that answer but not the chairman

£24m is one heck of a milk round. So are you saying a premier league chairman doesn't need to know his P&L? He does, damn right he does and anyone who says any different should be a Leeds supporter.

The only way to know who is responsible for Everton's financial situation is to have the relative information at hand, and the majority of us here would not understand the figures laid before us, let alone, be able to say who is at fault. There is a lot of ground to cover, including the period long before Kenwright joined the board, so if somebody wants to investigate the matter, and come up with 'proven' facts and figures, I'll gladly get my accountant to read it, and translate it into words I can digest. Until then, everything else is gossip, rumour, hearsay and gobbledygouk. smile.png