IGNORED

Christian Benteke

So Moyes has switched his search to Standard Lieges Congo-born Belgian international, who is 6ft 3in tall but he needs to raise £1million to buy him.

Everton watched Benteke grab two goals for Belgiums Under-21 side last week. But they need to sell defender Joseph Yobo to FENERBAHCE to finance a move.

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/football-hotline/2011/08/14/everton-target-spurs-winger-kranjcar-and-belgian-striker-benteke-102039-23342544/

He wouldn't come anywhere near the first team. He did really well in 09/10 on loan at Kortrijk (a rather shitty team that ended sixth that season) with 15 goals and 9 assists. So he got a chance at Standard the next season, but he fucked up an incredible amount of goal opportunities so he got sent on loan again after just 6 games and 0 goals for Standard. And he didn't really improve at Mechelen either. Scored 7 goals and gave 1 assist. At the moment he's 5th choice (or even 6th as it seems a 17-year-old is now getting more game time than him) for Standard.

Edited by Steve_E

What's up with Beckford?

I shake my head at Moyes sometimes.

I know what you mean. Beckford has quality movement on and off the ball and some real pace! I will admit that sometime it take him a shot or 5 to hit the next, but then again he's scored some absolute screamers!! I don't know why Moyes doesn't play him and Saha up top (when Louis' actually fit of course:P) they both feed off each other well and work great together, from when i've seen of them anyway.

I know what you mean. Beckford has quality movement on and off the ball and some real pace! I will admit that sometime it take him a shot or 5 to hit the next, but then again he's scored some absolute screamers!! I don't know why Moyes doesn't play him and Saha up top (when Louis' actually fit of course:P) they both feed off each other well and work great together, from when i've seen of them anyway.

Moyes loves to flood the midfield that's why he don't play 442.

He wouldn't come anywhere near the first team. He did really well in 09/10 on loan at Kortrijk (a rather shitty team that ended sixth that season) with 15 goals and 9 assists. So he got a chance at Standard the next season, but he fucked up an incredible amount of goal opportunities so he got sent on loan again after just 6 games and 0 goals for Standard. And he didn't really improve at Mechelen either. Scored 7 goals and gave 1 assist. At the moment he's 5th choice (or even 6th as it seems a 17-year-old is now getting more game time than him) for Standard.

Spot on Steve. Not good enough for Everton, not even close.

Standard Liege announce which teams they gave tickets to for scouting purposes and Everton are on the list for todays' game against Swedish side Helsingborgs. I sure hope we won't be there for Benteke. I guess we don't have to worry if that Thomas Hengen bloke knows his job. Every decent player has left the club so I doubt Hengen will be very productive today. Unless he's there for one of the Swedish players.

Edited by Steve_E

According to Sporza.be Everton have been following Benteke for a while and he has made a good impression on the Everton scouts a few times.

The sad bit is that Sporza is the equivalent of BBC sports and usually very reliable. Like Steve and Holystove said, He just isn't good enough for Everton or any Premier league team.

it says enough that Standard doesn't want to keep him..

Edited by Churinga

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Doubt there's an ounce of truth in it, the media see's Lukaku could be off and instantly link us with this donkey it's just the usual fine journalism were used to this time of year

He'll sign for Sunderland Moyes needs a forward and they won't attract many and he'll splash the cash

As if Liverpool would sell a player to us. Benteke is a good footballer but looks so out of place at Liverpool and he shouldn't be a replacement for Lukaku. He is good at holding the ball up and at using his head but has no pace. I just wonder if this is the type of footballer we want does that mean we are going to be a long ball, physical team.

As if Liverpool would sell a player to us. Benteke is a good footballer but looks so out of place at Liverpool and he shouldn't be a replacement for Lukaku. He is good at holding the ball up and at using his head but has no pace. I just wonder if this is the type of footballer we want does that mean we are going to be a long ball, physical team.

hed be good at a Sunderland or Palace, but that's probably an insult to them. He is awful.