IGNORED

Deadline Day thread

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I'm not disappointed as such that we're selling Arteta, he's had his best days... I am pissed off however at the timing of the deal - we've got no chance of getting a replacement in.

Bank absorb the money, wouldn't see a penny. moyes said this. Now... What's that operating cost being spent on? Over to you bill....

Levy wouldn't sell as Redknapp would have expected the money and why would Levy fund a £40m transfer spree for a manager who is likely to leave to take England job after Euro's? - my spin on it!

No the truth is Levy's got to 450 milllion for a new stadium

and he would have lost face after having said he is not for sale at any price

But we only have a'rrys word that it was "40 mil and to be fair he is not the most honest bloke I mean you wouldn't buy a used car off him would you

and if was 40 Levy would have bitten arm off for it

There is another way of looking at things. If Arteta, Yakubu and Beckford leave tonight (for say close to £20m) then we almost half our debt. It's not sexy and feels tough tonight, but does this put the club in a healthier position for the long term...yes, absolutely.

I'd reserve judgement on that til I see how it impacts us on the pitch.

There is another way of looking at things. If Arteta, Yakubu and Beckford leave tonight (for say close to £20m) then we almost half our debt. It's not sexy and feels tough tonight, but does this put the club in a healthier position for the long term...yes, absolutely.

I think your possibly right, could make us look better for a buy out maybe??

15m max by looks of things (1.5 Yak, 3 Becks, 10 Arteta).

Only puts us in a healthy position if we stay up and keep the EPL money. Oh, and get rid of the 5m debt per year. Temporary solution at best and possibly dangerous way of doing it.

I think your possibly right, could make us look better for a buy out maybe??

Only puts us in a healthy position if we stay up and keep the EPL money. Oh, and get rid of the 5m debt per year. Temporary solution at best and possibly dangerous way of doing it.

I thinking of all these 3. We can stay up without these 3 players. Im sure of it. At least im grinding my nails insanely and think we can do it.

Agree it is dangerous - but without new investment, maybe it needs a radical approach. How many clubs are debt free? Very few. How about we break the mould, be debt free and once we are we won't have to spend millions on bank interest. I suggest it with total confidence that we won't be in a relegation battle. I honestly think there is plenty to be positive about.

Anyone got the feeling we have been conned again? Most clubs have started, discussed and completed deals during the day, as usual, talks with the 2 supposed signing at Everton have still not led to anything being announced. I can hear Fat Bill tomorrow. 'We really tried hard to bring players in, but sorry Folks, it did not work out'! We are a fucking laughing stock!