IGNORED

Deadline Day thread

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll support Everton through thick and thin but in times like these it is so hard. I mean when will we sign players ffs? Teams like Bolton and Stoke can do it who are around our level (if not worse!) and we can't. It's just a joke, and I expect January to be worse.

Jags to Arsenal.

Baines to Man City.

It's just heart-breaking.

I haven't seen a figure for Yak mentione anywhere. But assuming it is £1.5m, lets not forget his salary is £50k a week - £2.6m per year. If you add the Yak & Arteta salaries - we have just cleared £6.5m a year off the wage bill.

that covers the 5m we keep losing, that with the new Cola sponser means actually maybe making a profit!

Fully expect a relagation fight this season. No im not over reacting.

Were are we going to get goals from now? we struggled enough last season and we all asked for another striker when we were getting 10 from Beckford, were going to depend on Cahill far too much and he is now the wrong side of 30. our striking options are Saha who does well to play 15 games a season, Victor Anichebe who, well we may aswell have me playing, a Argentine Leicester reject and a youngster from Greece. What worries me even more is that in the past few weeks, the whole "the lack of signings doesnt bother us, as long as we keep our best players" Philosophy from most of our key players has just been shot to bits in one foul swoop with the sale of Arteta... Great

But Phil, in my opinion, a proven premier league goal scorer is worth at least twice that!

Arteta done.

I take your point but we are where we are. The debt has to be reduced, there is no choice of that. And tonight our debt is reduced by almost 25%. That in the long term has benefits, including to help get new investment. Alan Ball, Bob Latchford, Lineker, Rooney, Lescott. I do believe that the greatest fucking club in the world are still here and still one of the most respected clubs in Britain. We are Everton, so everyone needs to get their heads up. We fight on and we fight fucking hard.

I take your point but we are where we are. The debt has to be reduced, there is no choice of that. And tonight our debt is reduced by almost 25%. That in the long term has benefits, including to help get new investment. Alan Ball, Bob Latchford, Lineker, Rooney, Lescott. I do believe that the greatest fucking club in the world are still here and still one of the most respected clubs in Britain. We are Everton, so everyone needs to get their heads up. We fight on and we fight fucking hard.

Relegation fight now for me. No strikers and lost 1 of our best players

Or arteta will get injured/play shit again like has has for us since he signed that "new" contract, Yak will be a fat lump of shit like he was for us, Beckford will bang goals in the championship but struggle at top level.....theres always another side of the coin the fact is, we brought in a striker when we sold 2, which I admit is pretty dire considering our inability to get goals in the first place.

However, we offloaded Beckford for a profit, we got yak off the wage budget, and we sold a 29 year old past his prime for 10 mil.....good financial business which ahs helped us balance the books...

Also phil mcnulty reporting that drenthe confirmation is coming soon...

we didn't have yak or arteta for large portions of last season and played well, beckford is a loss admittedly, but we'll see.....