IGNORED

Best goal you had missed

Hafnia

Thought it would be an idea to get the goals you never seen due to popping the loo, ITV being the amateur outfit they are, or any other scenarios listed here.

Mine was the Arteta goal vs fiorentina where I told the idiot listening to the game and giving blow by blow reactions to do one, the TV had a delay of 5 seconds, so clearly when this idiot jumped up I turned to tell him to get his headphones off, in doing so missed Mikkys rocket. A great moment stolen. I won't tell you what I said to him when it went to pennos.

I "missed" Paul Rideout's goal in the '95 Cup Final....in fact I missed the whole game, on the TV anyway.

Was living in a shared house in Wells in Somerset, settling down for KO when one of the women living there started bleeding heavily from her girly regions...she'd had surgery a short while earlier. She phoned (or someone did) the hospital and they told her to come straight in and I was the only one with a car. Don't remember why an ambulance wasn't an option.

So I had the choice of watching the game and letting her bleed to death or driving her to Bristol....took a while to decide but eventually agreed to take her.

I heard the goal while I was driving around a roundabout in Bristol....then once we got to the hospital I caused much amusement (after listening to the rest of it in the car) because I was wearing an Everton shirt and it was a maternity hospital....everyone assumed I'd been dragged away from the game by impending fatherhoodtongue.png .

It was certainly memorable.....and I love that roundabout to this day.

I "missed" Paul Rideout's goal in the '95 Cup Final....in fact I missed the whole game, on the TV anyway.

Was living in a shared house in Wells in Somerset, settling down for KO when one of the women living there started bleeding heavily from her girly regions...she'd had surgery a short while earlier. She phoned (or someone did) the hospital and they told her to come straight in and I was the only one with a car. Don't remember why an ambulance wasn't an option.

So I had the choice of watching the game and letting her bleed to death or driving her to Bristol....took a while to decide but eventually agreed to take her.

I heard the goal while I was driving around a roundabout in Bristol....then once we got to the hospital I caused much amusement (after listening to the rest of it in the car) because I was wearing an Everton shirt and it was a maternity hospital....everyone assumed I'd been dragged away from the game by impending fatherhoodtongue.png .

It was certainly memorable.....and I love that roundabout to this day.

The girly region, sounds like somewhere in wales... rofl.gif

I also missed that Saha´s opener in FA Cup final, were on a poker tournee, and no1 didnt have a laptop there( i dont own) and had to drop myself in purpose and runned to sportsbar and were like OMG we lead already :D. I think that if i would stayed playing poker, im sure we would won that ;)

I missed Beckford vs Bolton as the driver on the day had one on him and demanded to leave 85th min before a 2hr drive home - similar to leaving at 1-3 vs Man.Ure... we'll learn 1 day!!!

Was at the Charlton game at Goodison in 2007 and shitloads of people left after Bent's 89th min equalizer so missed McFudge's winner.

We didn't fortunately.

Own up peopletongue.png .

gerrards goal vs olympiakos

me mate got his nose accidentally broken in the melee after mellors winner and I went down to the bogs with him when he went to clean himself up. we were jogging back up the steps 'cos we could tell we were attacking, when all hell broke loose. bodies and bits of chairs flying everywhere, we went nuts in the stairwell and got back into the aisle as quick as we could. brilliant moment but my one and only memory of that goal is forever tainted by andy fkin gray.

gerrards goal vs olympiakos

me mate got his nose accidentally broken in the melee after mellors winner and I went down to the bogs with him when he went to clean himself up. we were jogging back up the steps 'cos we could tell we were attacking, when all hell broke loose. bodies and bits of chairs flying everywhere, we went nuts in the stairwell and got back into the aisle as quick as we could. brilliant moment but my one and only memory of that goal is forever tainted by andy fkin gray.

Yeah another great goal I missed was inzagis in Athens. But I didn't miss michael Thomas last gasp league title clincher where Liverpool lost the league in last kick of the game. Classic.

Yeah another great goal I missed was inzagis in Athens. But I didn't miss michael Thomas last gasp league title clincher where Liverpool lost the league in last kick of the game. Classic.

I can see what you did there, subtle.crying.gif

I can also see why that Michael Thomas goal would seem significant looking in from the outside, but I promise you most of us there that night were just glad to see the back of that season, quite a few have never been back since. It was nice pipping them to it the next year anyway, but of course we'd had plenty of practice in '86 tongue.png

Edited by johny