IGNORED

Daily Mail Bill Kenwright interview

Louis

I thought it was a decent artilcle

and this bit stood out for me as being particularly true "When I got here, on the day the fixtures came out, every Evertonian I know looked at the last day of the season first. Who have we got to beat if we need to stay up? Now we look at the opening games. Can we get off to a flyer and have a go at winning something? So the club is going forward."

As I have sadi before I am every bit as frustratsd as the next fan and I know he cant take us any further so something needs to change but for people like haf to just dismiiss everything that BK has done for the club is nothing short of ridiculous

I know you will harp on about its DM whos to thank and not BK but I dont understand that argument one bit. Who appointed Moyes, who gave him the money to sign players, who signed off the players contracts to keep them here?

I know you wil answer that by saying he stripped the club of all its assests but would you rather we still had all those assets and were lining up in League1 against Sheffield Wednesday today or would you rather we were skint but with a squad full of talented players and promising youngsters lining up against Villa in the Premiership?

I see your point dunc, but we may find ourselves in that situation anyway. If we do get relegated we won't be remembering the glory days of the last ten years.

My opinion of the way the club is run now can only really change when this all comes to a conclusion. Which can only either be a buy out or administration.

I thought it was a decent artilcle

and this bit stood out for me as being particularly true "When I got here, on the day the fixtures came out, every Evertonian I know looked at the last day of the season first. Who have we got to beat if we need to stay up? Now we look at the opening games. Can we get off to a flyer and have a go at winning something? So the club is going forward."

As I have sadi before I am every bit as frustratsd as the next fan and I know he cant take us any further so something needs to change but for people like haf to just dismiiss everything that BK has done for the club is nothing short of ridiculous

I know you will harp on about its DM whos to thank and not BK but I dont understand that argument one bit. Who appointed Moyes, who gave him the money to sign players, who signed off the players contracts to keep them here?

I know you wil answer that by saying he stripped the club of all its assests but would you rather we still had all those assets and were lining up in League1 against Sheffield Wednesday today or would you rather we were skint but with a squad full of talented players and promising youngsters lining up against Villa in the Premiership?

dont ever forget though, that Kenwright wanted Megson as manager, it was Smith who suggested Moyes, but BK has backed Moyes to an extent, so yes, thankful for that

I still have faith in Kenwright. He's helped changed the club around from the days of relegation battles every year to a regular top 8 club. All with a serious lack of funds. The man wants to sell and in my opinion is the right man for the job. Blue Union need to back off.

most chairmen would have probably sacked him when he finished 17th...

as for the point of us goin into admin with the wages we got rid of that won't happen now..i don't see how it could..and i'd almost put my life on us not gettin relegated cos there are far more than 3 teams who are worse than us..not sayin it's good enough i just don't see it as a worry

I still have faith in Kenwright. He's helped changed the club around from the days of relegation battles every year to a regular top 8 club. All with a serious lack of funds. The man wants to sell and in my opinion is the right man for the job. Blue Union need to back off.

problem is man..he's been tryin so long..he can't be that much of a salesman can he?

dont ever forget though, that Kenwright wanted Megson as manager, it was Smith who suggested Moyes, but BK has backed Moyes to an extent, so yes, thankful for that

who signed as manager in the end? who got the contract together when it needed reviewing? Why is Moyes still at the club? Dont care if Kenwright wanted Megson in the 1st place, he even admits in that interview that he had to learn. He took advice from someone else and made it happen.

how do you know if you can't prove?(not bein a dick)

Was told face to face by someone who was in the know. Face was white as a sheet - was told after it happened. This person I trust 100%. Not going into the details. It was posted on BBC website forum and removed within 20 minutes.

On most recent releases "club for sale 3/4 years" it seems very appropriate. I thought we had always been for sale???

Was told face to face by someone who was in the know. Face was white as a sheet - was told after it happened. This person I trust 100%. Not going into the details. It was posted on BBC website forum and removed within 20 minutes.

On most recent releases "club for sale 3/4 years" it seems very appropriate. I thought we had always been for sale???

ah that's fair enough if you can't share i understand

yeah i didn't get elstone saying this..do these guys not speak to each other or summat?

ah that's fair enough if you can't share i understand

yeah i didn't get elstone saying this..do these guys not speak to each other or summat?

There's nothing worse than a fact being represented as flimsy as I have, but yes, Lerner was interested and knocked back.

The reason I have been so anti-bill for some time is due to that. One of the reasons I track how Lerner is doing at villa and what he is doing.

His right hand man general krulak was someone I had the pleasure of talking to. Absolutely awesome person, force of nature. Morally the most upstanding person I have ever met, outside my own family of course!

Edited by Hafnia

There's nothing worse than a fact being represented as flimsy as I have, but yes, Lerner was interested and knocked back.

The reason I have been so anti-bill for some time is due to that. One of the reasons I track how Lerner is doing at villa and what he is doing.

His right hand man general krulak was someone I had the pleasure of talking to. Absolutely awesome person, force of nature. Morally the most upstanding person I have ever met, outside my own family of course!

i believe ya man you don't seem the type to make shit up as anti-bill as you may be

And your point is???

The fact of the matter is he listened to the advice he was given an appointed Moyes. If he had offered the job to Megson first then fair enough you could then say he made a bad decision

And your point is???

The fact of the matter is he listened to the advice he was given an appointed Moyes. If he had offered the job to Megson first then fair enough you could then say he made a bad decision

my point is that BK has made some good decisions like taking the advice and signing Moyes, but its the rest thats let him down

This is the article that proves he's lost his mind is it?

Certainly no more so than what we knew based on what was written (maybe Martin Samuel expressed personal opinion offline, or the rumour started from nothing), he is way way ott on the dreamy romance, I love everton, I really do, but I dont need to read about a chairman not claiming for phone calls etc.

The article was ironically sad.

I dont think Kenwright seems to grasp the reason why the majority of sound Evertonians are pissed off with him and the board. I dont doubt he has always done what he feels is right for Everton in the short term and I understand and dont hold it against him that he hasnt got any money.

My problem is that as a business model, we are fatally flawed (as Elstone alludes to in one of his interviews albeit with me paraphrasing and adding a touch of dramatism - ala BK!), we dont seem to have a plan to at least provide long term stability, there are clearly issues with how long the club has been for sale and the processes in which they have been trying to sell the club and with regards to BK especially, its the same bullshit rhetoric that he comes out with in interviews like this. I dont care about your stories Bill, I dont care if your 'trying' really hard to do this and that, I simply want to know what it is that you ARE doing to take this football club forward. Thats the bit we never hear.

I dont think Kenwright seems to grasp the reason why the majority of sound Evertonians are pissed off with him and the board. I dont doubt he has always done what he feels is right for Everton in the short term and I understand and dont hold it against him that he hasnt got any money.

My problem is that as a business model, we are fatally flawed (as Elstone alludes to in one of his interviews albeit with me paraphrasing and adding a touch of dramatism - ala BK!), we dont seem to have a plan to at least provide long term stability, there are clearly issues with how long the club has been for sale and the processes in which they have been trying to sell the club and with regards to BK especially, its the same bullshit rhetoric that he comes out with in interviews like this. I dont care about your stories Bill, I dont care if your 'trying' really hard to do this and that, I simply want to know what it is that you ARE doing to take this football club forward. Thats the bit we never hear.

If you are prepared to knock on his door to highlight a problem, are you able to knock on his door with a solution?