IGNORED

Liverpool (home)

adamsmith69

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting line-up doesnt inspire me with confidence, but it is certainly a 'solid' selection that most of us on here could have picked with our eyes closed.

It all depends on how well Saha and Cahill work together. If they keep getting in each others way and dont link very well, we will be on the back foot throughout. Coleman will raid down the wings like normally, and it will be interesting to see if Osman has any impact on the game, as he is usually really fired up for the derby.

The main worry for me, is that Suarez will run rings around our back 4, and while I think he is over rated, it wouldnt surprise me if he won a penalty, or twisted Distin inside out.

BBC...

"I know we were expecting red cards today but this is a ridiculous decision by referee Martin Atkinson. Jack Rodwell dives into tackle Luis Suarez, and gets all of the ball. He catches Suarez afterwards, but that isn't even a foul in my book, let alone a straight red."

Commentary from ESPN: "High drama, and Rodwell is beside himself. That is a poor, poor decision from the referee. Rodwell slides in to challenge Suarez, wins the ball and catches the striker. To the disbelief of Goodison Park, Rodwell is dismissed. Martin Atkinson has dropped a clanger there. It was a full-blooded challenge, but in no way malicious and he won the ball. A terrible decision, the worst I have seen for a while."

Guest blueboy122

That decision is nothing short of woeful. There is no way that was even a foul, that suarez should be ashmed and the referee needs to shoot himself. I AM SHAKING I AM THAT FUMING.