IGNORED

Liverpool (home)

adamsmith69

If you bothered to actually read - I stated very clearly during the game, it was never a sending off. This isn't about the incident, it's about the rules - totally different subject.

It was never a sending off. Go and actually read what people post before you shout your mouth off.

I know it's been a bad day, but 90% of folks on here have shown class, I suggest you take their lead.

I generally do but I like to scan through posts, yours go on and on... I know I'm a minority in my view but it doesn't sit right with me that the 2nd biggest poster on derby day is a city fan. Yeah great I should post more... bollocks.

I'm just going to have to use the block/hide key on you.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think either fans want to see lads sent off in the derby match. It spoils the game, and lessens the bragging rights. Rivalry isn't about trying to break each others legs, but trying to out play your opponent. I've seen some bad tackles in the derbies that were shocking over the years, and Rodwells resulted in no injuries and too quick a decision. The ref looked down at Suarez, and then booked Rodwell. Bad decision from what I saw, but the ref needs to explain his actions. There are millions of pounds at stake in this league, as well as careers, and also the entertainment factor. It's very arrogant of officials to tell clubs they don't want technology. The clubs are what count, not governing bodies. The bodies are there simply as a consequence of the sport, and not as a founding factor.

Your a bitter lad aren't you O.o Bluesky has been a great poster so far and has never been offending. It doesnt matter if he posts a lot as a city fan in an Everton forum, as long as he is not offending and is a good poster (which he is) than he is welcomed.

My bitterness was in response to coin throwing comments! Not bitter at all, been posting on here for years and like occasional banter from other fans regarding our meetings. But when a non-Evertonian is the main poster on an Everton forum, well that's not right and a bit odd in my eyes, regardless of what kind of poster he is. Apologies if I did not make my point in the most articulate way last night (ale/vino/rum doth flow!) but I stand by what I believe. That's all I have to say on the issue, no problem with the bloke (he's just the carbon copy of avinalaff - some believe them to be the same person!) I just think that Toffetalk isn't doing what it says on the tin with him being such a prominent poster! I will just hide his posts until he's converted into a royal blue!

I do indeed @ reckless!!

As for the tackle - It would have to be a miraculous stretch to see it as reckless. Looked a solid tackle, got the ball, couldn't see any intent... you'd be pushing it to justify a yellow.

Of course the statement was in response to what the laws say. There are 7 formal reasons for a red card, and 'serious foul play' is the only one that remotely covers the tackle (since all the others are bad language, second yellow, swearing etc etc)

I must admit, when I watched it, it just looked like "ouch! he went in hard there"... but seeing the replay, it wasn't even hard.

All I can possibly think is that the ref saw a quick tackle that 'looked' a certain way. Suarez over egged it BIG time and the ref was way too keen to assert authority. He went straight for red without giving it a second thought even for his own sake... To me, that was crap refereeing. Two of those factors would be right down to his own ego, and one of them down to 'what you see, isn't always what actually happened"

Ruined a great game. (It was actually still a decent game after, but totally tainted and biased thereafter which is crap for everybody).

Based on the entire game, you can't help but feel Everton could well have won it with 11 men. We'll never know now.

I would go along with that

I am also quite sure the reactions of Lucas and Adam , as well as Suarez rolling around like he had been shot, played a big part in the Refs decision

4 Points about to the game:

- It's 23 minutes into the game and it's a derby even if it's a tasty challenge you pull the guy to one side and have a word maybe even book him. Don't ruin the game.

- The ref is right on top so how can he see something different than everyone else.

- Suarez pushes baines in the back for the second goal how did he not see that.

- Carrol bundles howard into ther post how did he not see that.#

The ref is so obviosly biased to liverpool I can't beleieve the FA can let this shit occur. I have tried to think back to previous derbies on a dubious decision that ever went for us I can't think of one where as I can think of plenty that didn't.

1. Rodwell red card today.

2. The clatterbugh derby various things in that.

3. Some diving by gerrard.

I am so angry at the little clubs not getting helped but the big clubs getting shit on.

P.S I hate suarez as much as I hate gerrard.

Not sure if it's been mentioned here but Charlie Adam needs a little tip of the hat as it looks like he saved Rodwell from getting in any more trouble when the red was shown. He spoke to him and led him off in a genuine way where some others in the past have looked to wind up or goad the 'offender'.

Fair play Charles!

Not sure if it's been mentioned here but Charlie Adam needs a little tip of the hat as it looks like he saved Rodwell from getting in any more trouble when the red was shown. He spoke to him and led him off in a genuine way where some others in the past have looked to wind up or goad the 'offender'.

Fair play Charles!

Second that, he showed a lot of class in helping Rodwell keep his cool.

I like Charlie Adam as a person and always have and that's why I was so gutted when he went to Liverpool because I knew I'd have to start trying to hate him :P But I agree Rodwell looked as if he was going to punch the ref's lights out (which I would) but Adam got him away from it and it's just aswell because whether its a foul or not the FA would ban Rodders for his abusive behaviour.

And regarding the appeal Moyes said on the radio that he dosen't want to appeal because 'It wont change the result and we need to move on and I dont want to get in any more trouble with the FA'

Something like that ^

Just from his post-match comments.

I think he's letting Jack down big time if he doesn't appeal the red, and it'll show terrible man management not to back his player, IMO.

Costs £1500 to appealunsure.png . Will have to check the petty-cash tin. We have to notify the FA by 1.00pm tomorrow if we intend to appeal and then get it in by 1.00pm Tuesday.

(We'd get the money back if successful)

Costs £1500 to appealunsure.png . Will have to check the petty-cash tin. We have to notify the FA by 1.00pm tomorrow if we intend to appeal and then get it in by 1.00pm Tuesday.

(We'd get the money back if successful)

reading the comments it sounds like he wants to appeal but isnt sure if we can. 1500 wont be a problem and with our tiny squad we cant afford to have him out for 3 games especially since Jack is starting to get back to form

We can....but it's hard to get one accepted...

III. A claim will only be successful under this Regulation where a Claimant satisfi es the

Commission so that it is sure that –

(a) The circumstances of the dismissal under review are truly exceptional,

such that the standard punishment should not be applied; and

b..As a result of the truly exceptional circumstances the standard

punishment would be clearly excessive.

IV. In considering the matters at III above, the Commission shall have regard to:

(a) The applicable Law(s) of the Game and any relevant FIFA instructions

and/or guidelines;

b..The nature of the dismissal off ence, and in particular any intent,

recklessness, negligence or other state of mind of the Player;

© Where applicable, the level of force used;

(d) Any injury to an opponent caused by the dismissal off ence;

(e) Any other impact on the game in which the dismissal occurred;

(f) The prevalence of the type of off ence in question in football generally;

(g) The wider interests of football in applying consistent punishments for

dismissal off ences.

City had a red card overturned last year against arsenal... a head butt between Zabaletta and Song (I think). Song kept his red, Zabaletta got it overturned.

I'm pretty sure the FA would overturn Rodwell - with so much of the media certain it's not red, the FA would be under pressure to put a wrong right (as best it can). It's not really like a 50/50 split in opinion is it? it's 99/1 or more!

I think Everton will go for it, and rightly so. You win some and you lose some with ref decisions, but this one is a cast iron fiasco.

In the cool light of day, 24 hours on, I think the whole world still feels the same.

4 Points about to the game:

- It's 23 minutes into the game and it's a derby even if it's a tasty challenge you pull the guy to one side and have a word maybe even book him. Don't ruin the game.

- The ref is right on top so how can he see something different than everyone else.

- Suarez pushes baines in the back for the second goal how did he not see that.

- Carrol bundles howard into ther post how did he not see that.#

The ref is so obviosly biased to liverpool I can't beleieve the FA can let this shit occur. I have tried to think back to previous derbies on a dubious decision that ever went for us I can't think of one where as I can think of plenty that didn't.

1. Rodwell red card today.

2. The clatterbugh derby various things in that.

3. Some diving by gerrard.

I am so angry at the little clubs not getting helped but the big clubs getting shit on.

P.S I hate suarez as much as I hate gerrard.

Gary mc freekick and Anelka offside stick with me. Genuinely believe they've only beat us once fairly in the last 10 years, which was when Torres had a worldy.

Thought Rodwell was unlucky, sure his studs were up as he began his tackle, but he won the ball cleanly and seemed (to me) to make an effort to ground his studs before contact.What contact there was was be no means intentional, or let's be honest painfull to the dirty diver!......but hey, it did change the game, for me it makes it easier to accept.

A red said to me at the start of the season, they couldn't really see top 4 this year, they were hoping for two things, one was that Man Utd didn't win the prem and the other was beating Everton.....so it was kinda like a cup final to themmellow.png .

Baines was pushed in the back for the second goal, but it's a mans game so maybe can't complain about that, and I thought Hibbert was a dam sight closer to a red card than Rodwell ever was.

Oh well, move on, get Rodwells red overturned, get the new boys fit and on the pitch and the wins will start coming in.

Fantastic save by Howard from the penalty.

"I don't even know if we can appeal. I would have been disappointed had it been a free-kick and if he had got a yellow card I think people would have asked 'what's that for?'"

That comment would seem to suggest we are going to appeal

I agree with Romey it would be very poor man management if we dont

on goals on sunday Kammy was appealing for the fa to withdraw the red card at 9 am monday morning.

on the subject of charlie adam helping jack.

for one he was first on the scene in the refs face before the card was even pulled out, and secondly, jack had already been sent off with a three game ban, what more trouble could he have got into from there? its not like jack was going to go and punch the ref or suarez.

sorry but for me, adam is not getting any credit for doing anyone any favours. it looked more to me like "they are down to ten men, lets get this lad off asap and take full advantage" rather than "calm down young man, dont get in anymore trouble"

Edited by StevO

Oh come on!......... the above picture tells all, Jags has just rabbit punched him!!...that's why he went down like he'd been shot.

And on the subject of Adam, he wasn't try to help Rodwell in the slightest.He WAS straight in asking for a red, when he got what he wanted, he started puhing Rodwell away, partly to try and look look like a top bloke (ie, come on Jack, don't be silly).....but mainly to get the game going.

When cahill was booked for his high foot against Adam.....Adams studs clashed with Tims....same height, only Cahill got booked, why was that?........oh shit, silly mesad.png .