• Seamus Coleman
    • Leon Osman
    • Jack Rodwell
    • Tim Cahill
    • Louis Saha
    • Royston Drenthe
    • Phil Neville
    • Apostolos Vellios

How are we expected to play against Chelsea - we limited them to few chances and had many promising moments ourselves. I'm not disappointed with our performance overall but am worried by them having 4 or 5 chances and scoring 3. We tried to take the game to them but money talked ultimately!

i've gone fellaini

every time i see him he looks better and better, i watch him off the ball quite a lot, he looks like he's strolling around with little interest but he somehow manages to appear everywhere, wins the ball controls beautifully and plays a simple pass.

i think a lot of other teams fans miss that in him and even some of our fans, many of whom still don't rate him. Spend some time watching him and you realise how great he is, brilliant control off the chest, top control off his feet and looks like the most unlikely player when he sometimes strolls through opposition tackles.

i thought we played alright in patches and gave an alright show, the 2nd goal before half time took the game away from us while we were still in it but i couldn't really pick anyone else that played brilliantly.

Rodwell continues, a bit like fellaini to do his thing in the middle, i hope he keeps improving as this run of games is doing him a lot of good, just needs to get a bit more of a spark about him as he's doing simple things well and getting more involved now.

Gone for Fellaini myself. Generally neat and tidy with the ball.

Starting to get a bit frustrated with Coleman as a winger now. Doesn't look like he has a clue when to deliver the ball, and then picks the wrong one too often. As a fullback bombing on past Drenthe or whoever, and with a clear 'get down the line and get it in the box' instruction he could be quality.

Velios continues to impress with his cameo appearances. I look forward to seeing him given a go from the start soon.

Edited by DonKey

Going with fellaini, he was the only player I saw keeping the ball and passing to an everton player.

Not going to slag the team off because Chelsea are a hell of a lot better than us, but that whole game seemed to be played in our half.

Start vellios in the next game, no harm in giving our top scorer a game.

Edited by StevO

Gave it to rodwell because he rarely misplaced a pass and worked really hard even towards the end, was a bit anonymous but I still gave it too him becuase of his continuos improvement.

Was ganna give it to fellaini but he missed too many passes for me :/

Edited by the_everton_way

Went for Rodwell hes our most improved player this season, other than that it was a crap game imo. Apart from Mata and Sturridge i thought we matched them but i have to say Sturridge was different class oh what it would do for us to have a forward like that! Oh and Vellios is a must against Fulham i cant imagine why he hasnt started more games already.

Gone for Fellaini myself. Generally neat and tidy with the ball.

Starting to get a bit frustrated with Coleman as a winger now. Doesn't look like he has a clue when to deliver the ball, and then picks the wrong one too often. As a fullback bombing on past Drenthe or whoever, and with a clear 'get down the line and get it in the box' instruction he could be quality.

Velios continues to impress with his cameo appearances. I look forward to seeing him given a go from the start soon.

I think Coleman is trying a little bit too hard now. He used to keep it simple,knock it past the defender, run to the byline & then put a ball in. Now he is trying too much, and better defenders are working him out, even when he has the space and time to beat his man. He is the only player bar, Drenthe (and to an extent Baines) that we have that can get to the byline and put in a half decent cross, yet he seems reluctant to do so. Part of the reason might be because we dont seem to have many people getting forward and into the box, although on that one occasion on Saturday, he had time, space and all the big guns in the box and decided to try and beat his man again.