IGNORED

Wolves (Home)

Romey 1878

'Wolves manager Mick McCarthy was not impressed with the penalty awarded against left-back Stephen Ward at Everton.

He says: "I'm more than disappointed with the penalty decision, I'm angry. But then they should have had one in the first half."'

huh.png So justice was done and he's disappointed?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'Wolves manager Mick McCarthy was not impressed with the penalty awarded against left-back Stephen Ward at Everton.

He says: "I'm more than disappointed with the penalty decision, I'm angry. But then they should have had one in the first half."'

huh.png So justice was done and he's disappointed?

I kinda get where he's coming from, the need for refs to level it needs to be rid. Take for example the derby, anything that was gonna be a strong yellow would have meant a red card for a Liverpool player. They managed to stay disciplined.

We should have won that 3-4 goals the good.

Ref levelled it really. Take them points. Played some nice stuff, moyes does need to get a partner for Saha, Cahill is like a battered old war horse and it's sad to see.

I fully agree. It is sad to see an Everton great fade like this. Does anyone else think Moyes should use him as a good weapon coming off from the bench or do you think he is still tired or just suffering from confidence issues?

I fully agree. It is sad to see an Everton great fade like this. Does anyone else think Moyes should use him as a good weapon coming off from the bench or do you think he is still tired or just suffering from confidence issues?

Cahill, on his day, fully fit and with a back wind was probably for a couple of seasons the best in the prem at filling the slot behind the lone striker.If the said lone stiker was on form and the team played to their strengths (Cahills and the strikers), then we were pretty much a team opponents didn't fancy.Cahill unsettled defenders and scored plenty of goals.

He hasn't had the impact of late, maybe he isn't fit, perhaps teams can handle him better.I think it's fair to say if he's played in general midfield and we are still employing a single striker, then his role is questionable.He doesn't do well in midfield, I'm not sure he ever really has.In his prime other than the slot behind the striker then a position beside the striker would have been more usefull than midfield.

He has (like everyone) a shelf life, maybe a season ago would have been a good time to grab some decent cash.Knowing when to sell is an art.

He's been great, but maybe an impact sub would make a lot of sence.

I've been calling for that for the past two years at least. Him playing when injured (commendable) has taken it's toll on him and he is nowhere near the great player for us he once was.

Maybe he'd look better if it wasn't Saha he was behind though, because those two are not suited to playing together as has been commented on many times. But I think I'd rather see Saha and Vellios together anyway.

Edited by Romey 1878

What did I tell ya?

All good things come to those who wait!

Onwards and upwards now... it's points grabbing season and the fixture list is kind to you for a while - so grab 'em quick!

The table looks much more promising for the moment. A couple more wins should cement things nicely.

Only saw the match highlights which is a bit misleading. Looked like Wolves played ok, but crap defending cost them. The radio summary though suggest you hammered them in the second half. I trust the radio summary more!

Guardian chalkboard:

http://www.guardian....MP=EMCFTBEML853

Three players in the league have committed the most fouls per game this season, 2.6. One is Arsenal's Alex Song, the other both play for Everton – Tim Cahill and Marouane Fellaini. Saturday's win over Wolves was a good example of this, as Cahill and Fellaini conceded eight free-kicks between them. Cahill's often came when he was challenging downfield for high balls, but Fellaini can be more clumsy on the ground – he conceded fewer fouls, but also the most costly one, bringing down David Edwards for the penalty. That seemed Wolves' only chance of getting a goal – Stephen Hunt's resulting spot-kick was their only attempt on target and their only shot from inside the penalty area. Only the three clubs in the relegation zone – Wigan, Blackburn and Bolton – concede more fouls per match than Everton.