IGNORED

Rory Donnelly

Another kid? Really? Fine, but it doesn't change the fact we're not short on strikers at all, we just have loads that don't get used/used properly.

Saha is not playing up to his standard, Vellios gets subbed on but mostly when there's very little time left, yet still has enough to make an impact. MacAleny might see the same, as will Gueye, but I suspect no starts. Stracqualursi if we're still crossing with no results and there's 5 minutes left. McFadden and Anichebe are both crocked, but that's 7 strikers on our books, with one on loan and one very promising one still a year or two shy of getting to the first team.

Great we're getting a striker, but will Moyes give him more than 90 minutes over the whole second half of the season?

Personally even Beckford was a better option, because he knew where the goal was and at times producing something spectacular. This kid may have good stats in Northern Ireland, but I get the feeling Seamus gets so many starts because he's our only right-midfield player, and even then he's really a right back. If we had any kind of competition out there, he wouldn't be getting as many games right now, even though he's started to pick up a little bit. Had moments where he showed you can get gems on the cheap, but he's far from a diamond in the rough. same for this kid?

Plus, a highly rated striker that only us and Swansea are looking at means either everyone else has missed a trick or they've all spotted a reason not to sign him and we haven't.

Edited by The Regulator

BBC Gossip Column says that Dogleash is personally chirpsing with Donnelly in order to bring him to Anfield for 100k. Part of me says that even this relatively minimal outlay for a good prospect we badly need is beyond our reach. The other half says given the chance to choose he'll surely go for the shite over us and Swansea. I'll be really pished off if they gazzump us, and also that it's probably our dithering could let them do it.

Obviously, I know cock all about him, but he seems to be a decent prospect (I know that his current league is way of the PL) - anyone know if he is really any good. Even if he did come of course, very little chance that Moyes would play him ahead of Saha or Cahill anyway. I just hope the reds don't get him - I'm spiteful like that.

Let the shite have Donnelly, i keep seeing things that say, another young player in that league Stuart Dallas is the player we should be looking at.

Looking at them is not the problem, trying to buy the fookers is where we are falling behind.

He's probably going to Swansea so that he can get into their team rather than being stuck in their reserves, I don't think it's a case of not having much ambition. If he came to Everton (or Liverpool as I heard Kenny was in for him) then he might turn out to be a decent player but might not be up to the standards of the fringe players that we already have such as Vellios and McAleny and because of this he might end up playing no games for us, growing older and then being released when nobody wants him and he's forced to carry on his football at a small Irish club. If he joins Swansea however, they are a mediocre team anyway so he would have a much better chance of breaking into their team and making a name for himself, sure once he has made his name known then he can move onto the big clubs and play top football but at the moment he might just be wanting to break into an English team and Swansea is perfect for that.

Why would it be illegal? It's the free market.

It's an agreed fee. Unless I'm mistaken the governing bodies ruled that once clubs agree a price, the selling club can't negotiate a bigger fee with another club.

I might be wrong, but there was definitely something along those lines knocking round not to long ago.