IGNORED

Héctor Moreno

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

He's been linked to us again in the Spanish press:

BP1i0suCEAAvD6z.jpg

There's a report in the Daily Mail from two days ago saying that Swansea had a £5m bid for him rejected. It says: "Moreno caught Laudrup's eye as a ball-playing defender in European leagues having spent four years at AZ Alkmaar and claiming a league title in Holland before heading to La Liga. He signed for Espanyol in 2011 and was their player of the season in his first campaign."

Meanwhile yesterday's Mirror (Alan Nixon) says the bid was £7m and claims "cash-strapped" Espanyol are trying to offload him.

I don't think we'll make any more signings unless we have leavings.

Depressing, isn't it. Swansea have already spent about £20m (just in transfer fees, there's signing bonuses and agent fees as well for 5 players) and they could be adding even more.

Edited by Steve_E

Depressing, isn't it. Swansea have already spent about £20m (just in transfer fees, there's signing bonuses and agent fees as well for 5 players) and they could be adding even more.

It is. All we've done so far is flesh out the squad really. Don't get me wrong, that was needed but I was hoping we'd do something significant this window with the extra tv money coming in. If by the close of the window we haven't done that then either Martinez hasn't noticed all the sides around us improving or we're in an even worse state financially than we think.

If we go as we are, i'll be happy. Only for knowing we have kept Baines and Fellaini. If we lose Johnny and bring in one more i'd be ok with that too.

I expect the full transition period to take a minimum of one season. Martinez needs to really see his squad playing his way in some competitive games to get a real understanding of what he needs to change. I think the stability of holding them two players will be huge for us.

Were'nt Swansea one of the clubs that actually finished in profit last season? if so we cant compare spending to them as they have a lot more spare cash then us to spend.

I would be happy if the window closed now. Our most important step now is not to lose anyone.

Though if we made another signing i would be singing!