IGNORED

Everton vs Bolton

marcopaulo

The movement through the centre of midfield is non existent. All Neville & heitinga have done is pass the ball sideways or backwards.

Straq isnt the most polished of players but he is always on the move and he gets in the penalty area which makes a refreshing change.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neville just sucks the life out of every attacking move. If he plays the ball quickly or one touch to Saha he is in acres of space and can turn to get at the Bolton back 4, but because he takes a touch, looks around, and then passes the ball a yard to the side of Saha, he miscontrols and the Bolton defender is on him. WASTE!

Neville just sucks the life out of every attacking move. If he plays the ball quickly or one touch to Saha he is in acres of space and can turn to get at the Bolton back 4, but because he takes a touch, looks around, and then passes the ball a yard to the side of Saha, he miscontrols and the Bolton defender is on him. WASTE!

I actually think hes been ok tonight. Passing the ball forward on a few occations.

I don't think that was a pen, Donovan went down a bit too easily.

Must admit 2nd look it wasnt as clear cut as I thought but it looks as though he does clip his ankle. I would agree it would be soft, but the Ref gave Ricketts a free kick for the same thing earlier in the game, so he has to be consistent and give that.

pffff - not great first half, but not sure the boos are deserved. We've look a lot more positive than in a while and Stracq and Donovan clicked well and looked threatening. Saha was virtually invisible. Ossie probably my motm so far. Let's hope the wind can be the 12th man for us next half. Also, I'd like to see the corwd pipe up a bit.

Not a bad 1st half but not great either.

Back 4 was looking shaky, but hopefully now with Heitinga back there we will improve and the same could be said of the centre of midfield, but Rodwell being introduced should give us a bit more drive and energy.

Donovan has looked very sharp and Osman has come inside well.

Saha has been better but still sloppy and while Straq is bringing others into the game nicely and doing a good job for us, I am not convinced he is a goalscorer as I mentioned in a previous post. Having said that if he can keep laying the ball off and putting others through then we could have a productive second half of the season.

Wasn't a penalty IMO, Donovan went way too easy.

Neville??? I give up - is that his role - to make 2 yard passes back to the man he got it off? He is a chuckle brother, from me to you. He is wasting a position ffs.

Distin has been superb, he defies his age, strides purposefully with the ball.