IGNORED

Everton vs Bolton

marcopaulo

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of ranting points -

1. Commentator on my link highlighted that it took Tim Cahill 17 minutes to get his first touch...wow...involved are we son?

2. Saha is a lazy, useless, money sucking, excuse of a footballer. absolute dog shit. Straq sometimes looked like a headless chicken at times but at least he ran. and put some effort in. and jumped. and shot (although horrendously)

3. Phil Neville, possibly, technically the worst player I've seen pull on an EVerton shirt in years, he lost the ball that many times, you could question which team he played for.

4. 3 lots of injuries, Jags one i wasn't to scared of, but the Ossie one is a shame, at least he tries to play football on the ground...to feet...to our players!! and Jack, only because this was a shop window, forget that influx of cash now!

For once this season, I can't blame Moyes. Went 2 up like we asked, played Donnovan, used substitutes as only he could, no issues....the players tonight were solely to blame.

Disgrace.

spot on mate!!!

Can someone please explain when a striker who's job it is to score goals and isn't gets dropped. We have 4 strikers at the club yet we only play one. I am disgusted with David moyes for continuing to pick him. He holds grudges against players and sells them cheap yak Bily etc I have had enough I want him out and take Saha with him. He had taken the club as far as he can and his boring persistence with his shit 30 something's is slowly straggling us. He has a decent youth spine to build the team around but continues with off form players . Forgetting the money issue I honestly think moyes has run out of ideas and he is luckily getting results to keep us mid-table. As he said wins paper over the cracks I agree and the best thing for us is a new start we have played rubbish all season.

This season and large chunks of last season. Agree with all this. Those of you who wanted Bily exiled must be delighted in the upturn in performances since. Run out of adjectives to describe my disappointment, not just in the players (who, in most cases, just aren’t good footballers), but in Moyes, who has run his options, the team, his tactics into the ground. Hoping he does the decent thing and goes. He can take the dead wood he’s been using and build himself an ark. Perhaps, we can then bring in an attack-minded manager.

Don't think we can blame Moyes today too much as the team he put out was attacking enough and was clearly capable of beating Bolton today. Stracq is a player that has shown so much potential and I've been crying like a broken record wishing that he would get a start and when he was given his big moment he blew it, piss poor today. Donovan was abscent for the full 90 minutes (which I'm gutted about) and the only player that did anything for us was Tim Howard.

Why on earth are we still persisting with these lofted & chipped balls. Its tough to judge the distance and we keeping kicking the ball out of play so keep the ball on the deck, at least until we get it wide!

I was thinking the same, I was sat at the ground and the whole place was shaking with the gale force wind yet we still persisted to chip balls up in the air which was obviously not going to work, the only way to win the game today was along the floor and it took us till the 91st minute to actually have a go at Bolton, which was far too late.

you can fuckin blame moyes...2 defensive mids against bolton at home..meant one striker had to pretty much play in midfield again...utter shite...ossie on the left after gueye has looked decent and ossie has been superb in the centre...we have bily on the bench...the weather and the inexperienced goalie for them were callin out for some long shots...say what you want about bily but the lad can shoot and shoot well..saha can fuck off now not in the summer..neville should never see a starting 11 again ever...its pathetic..moyes is so negative it actually makes me want to pull my bollocks off and pass them to him cos he obviously hasn't got any!!

At what point IS it Moyes fault?

Fans can't heap the praise on him for the good and exempt him from blame when it's bad.

He's the man at the top when all is said and done.

I do have a lot of sympathy when players aren't putting in a shift, and it clearly happens now and then, but eventually, all things fall at Moyes' door.

For me, I think Everton fans (understandably) are still on 'top 6-8' mode, when the reality is putting them in a mid table 'win some, lose some' season.

The truth is (in my opinion) Everton simply can't keep letting quality players go and expecting to bring in cheap replacements season after season with it eventually catching up on you. It's catching up on you. You've scrimped and saved for years, which in part, is admirable (though why a big club like Everton should have to is the subject of other threads). but it can't go on.

Everton are 2-3 quality players away from being a fine team, BUT, that can be said for many other teams too. Everton are not a traditional mid-table team, and that's why most of the fans are poor at judging the state of play when faced with the prospect.

If you're prepared to accept that fate - it's not too bad. But if you want Everton back where they should be, you're in for upset (until Moyes is given some money).

At what point IS it Moyes fault?

Fans can't heap the praise on him for the good and exempt him from blame when it's bad.

He's the man at the top when all is said and done.

I do have a lot of sympathy when players aren't putting in a shift, and it clearly happens now and then, but eventually, all things fall at Moyes' door.

For me, I think Everton fans (understandably) are still on 'top 6-8' mode, when the reality is putting them in a mid table 'win some, lose some' season.

The truth is (in my opinion) Everton simply can't keep letting quality players go and expecting to bring in cheap replacements season after season with it eventually catching up on you. It's catching up on you. You've scrimped and saved for years, which in part, is admirable (though why a big club like Everton should have to is the subject of other threads). but it can't go on.

Everton are 2-3 quality players away from being a fine team, BUT, that can be said for many other teams too. Everton are not a traditional mid-table team, and that's why most of the fans are poor at judging the state of play when faced with the prospect.

If you're prepared to accept that fate - it's not too bad. But if you want Everton back where they should be, you're in for upset (until Moyes is given some money).

Its not the fact that we (I say we but mean I tongue.png ) necessarily think we should be doing better results wise, its that the performances have been dire. We have shown glimpses of how we can play but that has been restricted for 20mins here and there. We didnt lose to Bolton because they are better than us, we lost because we were unorganised, didnt show enough effort, didnt do the basics of football (ie pass & move) and we had too many square pegs in round holes. For the umpteemth time this season we gave the other team the points without much of a fight, and when the squad is down on quality you have to adhere to the basics even more.

In the past few seasons, we have regressed from a very good passing football team who were well disciplined, committed and organised to a point where I am seriously worrying whether we will beat Tamworth in the next game with our starting 11.

Players should rightly take some blame, but when the manager continues to pick the under performers or contibutes to their poor performance (ie played out of position) then he isnt doing his job and should quite rightly be criticised.

Near hurricane force winds and we were exposed for what we are - hoof ball merchants led by a skipper who for the life of me I can't believe has represented England or man united. He is technically one of the worst players I've seen at goodison.

Feel sorry for the 29000 that sat through that. I heard moyes on radio city, been taking lessons of king kenny?

Aren't those the traits of mid-table teams though?

They show some great promise, then put in a lousy performance the week after. Inconsistency probably sums it up best.

Surely, it's the loss of quality players that is taking its toll.

This is my theory about Everton fans... they see the great performances and think that's the 'Everton default' (which in the past would be true). That's because you have a top team mentality. Sadly, it seems like you're a mid-table quality team at the moment, and that's the part that's hard for Everton fans to accept (not all, but many). Those great performances aren't the norm any more, they are the exception. You're not a bad team, and you're not a top team.... which pretty much spells it out.

I know that sounds patronising... but how DO you say "you look very mid table to me' when you're talking about Everton. It will ALWAYS sound patronising. I just think it's true too :-(

I only say this cos I've watched REAL crap for years!... you're far from that, but that top 6 quality you've traditionally had simply isn't there. There's no magic rabbit to pull out of the hat for Mr Moyes this time.

The first half we were decent, had lots of the ball but pretty much did fuck all with it. So exactly as we've been all season really.

The second half was an absolute fucking car crash. There's no other way of putting it. Just because we have a big man upfront does not mean you pump the ball upto him at every opportunity, you have to vary your attack! Especially when that attack isn't working and hasn't worked all fucking game! I find myself laughing at calling it an attack because going forward we were totally clueless. Nobody moved to make themselves available for the ball, nobody had a clue what to do with the ball when they had it, nobody tried to make anything happen, we had no shape to our play whatsoever, no urgency, no plan... fuck, I could go on but it's making my head hurt just thinking about it. It was fucking shambolic and hopeless. There was not a drop of creativity out there, so how the hell does Moyes expect us to win? Barkley may be 18 but he's creative, just give him a go. It's better than nothing. You'd think we were the side that were sitting bottom of the league on this showing. Bolton looked a far classier side in that second half and should have saw us off comfortably, they wanted the win and our players showed no desire to win the game. That's what's most galling; they didn't look like they gave a shit.

I am completely and utterly fucked off right now. I'm sick to fucking death of feeling this way after each and every Everton game.

Howard - Nice goal Timmy, and a few crucial saves to give us a sniff in the game. My MOTM.

Hibbert - I can't recall him being involved in the game all that much if I'm honest.

Jagielka - I thought he was having a very rocky game until he went off injured. Particularly right before he went off he was making mistakes left, right and centre and I think a mistake of his actually led to him making the challenge that caused the injury.

Distin - I wish he had a right foot that he used for more than standing on. He worries me no end by always needing to take an extra touch. He had a decent game though.

Baines - I didn't think he looked interested at all until right at the end when we were chasing the game. Very disappointing.

Donovan - I thought in the first half he looked quite sharp, not brilliant but as much as we could have expected from him after not playing for a few weeks. In the second half though he may as well have been the invisible man.

Neville - Other than putting us under pressure with his terrible passing, and doing a good impression of ET with his pointing antics, he did nothing. Again.

Heitinga - I actually thought he looked much better in midfield than he did once moved back into defence tonight. In midfield he was fairly solid and was alwas available for the defenders to give the ball to. But in defence he was so rocky. Hopefully that was just a blip because Jags could be out for a while.

Osman - I thought he did reasonably well for a lot of the first half. He was very busy and always wanted the ball. I just wish he'd stay on the wing. He took a knock towards the end of the first half and was never in the game until he had to be taken off.

Denis - He tried so hard but he was that shit I felt sorry for him and wanted to give him a hug.

Saha - If he gets a new contract with us it's a crime against humanity. He is waste of space. At one point he was running at their defence and stopped dead, put his foot on the ball and passed it fucking sideways. I could have killed him.

Maybe some of the players DON'T give a (as suggested) - why would they? the club's not spending, no pay rises on the cards, no clear chance of winning much, fans voting with their feet and an uncertain future in the management (and therefore their own positions). It doesn't take long before even those players who adore Everton start looking at other clubs and wondering if the grass might be greener.

There was a time when a move from Everton to Spurs would be a sideways move (at best), now it would be a no brainer.

There was a time when a move from Newcastle to Everton would have been a no brainer, now it would be seen as backward.

The sooner the ownership issue is resolved the better, followed by just a little spending (a modest amount would be enough) and a 'settled' feel to the club. As long as it's unsettled, it will slowly decay the club :-(

Edited by BlueSky

could he say anythin else? its his fuckin fault did he take the blame for it? has he taken the blame for playin as romey so brilliantly put it an et impressionist? has he taken the blame for bein more negative than -932 and playin 7 defenders in one game? has he taken the blame for standing by the laziest, fuckwitty, wankshaft, bag of useless shite, soppiest french baguette when he couldn't score in a brothel with a 12 inch dick and a wallet the size of a whale omelette? infact that's probably an insult to bread cos a fuckin baguette might chase the ball down more...FUCK ME

It is Moyes fault in that he trains and picks the team and sets the tactics. Either he or the physio are at fault for playing Rodwell when he obviously isnt fit, he has just come back from injury, had to go off injured in his first game back and he sticks him on when he had Barkley sat next to him on the bench - madness.

Playing Ossie on wing is a waste, everyone who watches Everton knows he his ineffective on the wing and drifts out of the game. When we are crying out for someone to stick their foot on the ball and create something why in the name of all thats holy and quite a bit thats not put him on the wing and not in the middle instead of Neville whose only contrebution this season has been to make lord lucan look conspicuious especialy when you have a winger sat on the bench?

Why play Saha who simply does not deserve to play for this club again.

Why bring on Cahill when you have Barckey and Anechebe.

We have a very limited squad, but not to replace players who simply contribute nothing and I mean nothing to the team when you DO HAVE OPTIONS is poor management.

Edited by London Blue

Phill Neville drove me to stop posting on here because for the last 3 years ive had to sit at goodison and watch that fucking excuse for a midfielder play every fucking game, not only that but in one of the most important positions on the park for alot of the time. a few people might have thought i was a cunt in the past going on about him but now even the most patient fans are on his back, ive never said i want moyes out and i wont but it does make me think what on this earth goes through your mind watching your captain put on shite performance after performance and continue to play him because hibbert hasnt deserved to get dropped.just to get him in the team.

Any truth to the rumour Steve Keene showed up tonight to show support for Moyes and walked out at half time in disgust?

in disgust of what? i don't get what you're on about..don't mean to have a go but if you're tryin to have a joke don't bother..i quite like you but seriously i can't imagine anyone is in the mood for shit arse jokes tonight from a fan of the top of the league team

The whole scenario at Everton the lack of money the inept manager playing out of form players only ends one way. Relegation. We need to build the team around Barkley felli and rodwell and baines. Even jinny H Howard and Royston. I think let moyes go and get a hungry young manager in.

Lowest home league attendance since Southampton on 2/12/2001.

It woulden't surprise me to be honest. There was only about 20 people in the ground up until the players had finished their warm-ups (although that wasn't needed with the shite that we saw) and to add to it with the credit crunch and the way to team are playing I can understand why people just don't want to go anymore. It was probably the worst away support I've seen too, they must have only had about 100.

anyone seen the donovan penalty appeal again? didn't look one from where i was...very disappointed in him for goin down that easy if it's the case

The lad put an arm on his shoulder and he went down. I've seen them given but if he would have stayed on his feet he would probably have scored as he was one-on-one with the goalkeeper and the Bolton keeper was shite. He should have taken a leaf out of Ossie's book and kicked the floor shaking fist.png

Denis - He tried so hard but he was that shit I felt sorry for him and wanted to give him a hug..

I nearly wet myself at this comment! Quality!

The whole scenario at Everton the lack of money the inept manager playing out of form players only ends one way. Relegation. We need to build the team around Barkley felli and rodwell and baines. Even jinny H Howard and Royston. I think let moyes go and get a hungry young manager in.

I agree.... not this season, but it's NEXT season I worry about.

The rot has to be stopped soon. The problem is, most fans never see it until it's too late.... the old "we're not playing well, but too good to go down"... next thing you know, you're down.

It can happen to ANY club.

Everton's great name isn't going to be enough to attract good players, you're having to work with the leftovers from other teams or take a punt on players that might come good. It's tragic, because I truly think Moyes COULD do something with 15-20 million (which isn't that much by today's standards and certainly not for a club of Everton's stature).

Moyes: "We tried to go with two centre forwards tonight and I think if we hadn't, some might have questioned it."

Ah so... Two forwards being fed by??? Neville and heitinga in midfield? Osman on the left??? Piss off moyes. Saha was on the half way line most of the night, who are you trying to kid!?

Straq has clearly taken a leaf out of moyesys "striker needs to run 10km a game preferable to scoring" book. He was a 100%er alright - he needed to be, he was chasing beach balls floating in the wind all night.

Completely disgusted with that tonight, if we can get £5m for Barkley then lets take it, cos if he's any worse than Neville them he ain't worth £50