IGNORED

Everton vs Bolton

marcopaulo

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

promising first half with stracq and donovan a menacing pair, but same old story no killing edge. 3 injuries including ossie who was having a good game, leaving donovan and stracq to tire into conspicous and a freak howard goal shouldn't conceal a miserable second half performance. aimless hooves in appalling wind and a complete desertion of our short game let bolton dominate and craft two fine goals. bolton deserved the win and were by far the better team. Neville was again poor, and as a captain needs to have a good think about himself. never once did he pick the team up when we needed someone to steady the game, grip the situation and get our foot on the ball. If the injuries are serious, then we are in the shit.

Couple of ranting points -

1. Commentator on my link highlighted that it took Tim Cahill 17 minutes to get his first touch...wow...involved are we son?

2. Saha is a lazy, useless, money sucking, excuse of a footballer. absolute dog shit. Straq sometimes looked like a headless chicken at times but at least he ran. and put some effort in. and jumped. and shot (although horrendously)

3. Phil Neville, possibly, technically the worst player I've seen pull on an EVerton shirt in years, he lost the ball that many times, you could question which team he played for.

4. 3 lots of injuries, Jags one i wasn't to scared of, but the Ossie one is a shame, at least he tries to play football on the ground...to feet...to our players!! and Jack, only because this was a shop window, forget that influx of cash now!

For once this season, I can't blame Moyes. Went 2 up like we asked, played Donnovan, used substitutes as only he could, no issues....the players tonight were solely to blame.

Disgrace.

Edited by tenaciousj

Can someone please explain when a striker who's job it is to score goals and isn't gets dropped. We have 4 strikers at the club yet we only play one. I am disgusted with David moyes for continuing to pick him. He holds grudges against players and sells them cheap yak Bily etc I have had enough I want him out and take Saha with him. He had taken the club as far as he can and his boring persistence with his shit 30 something's is slowly straggling us. He has a decent youth spine to build the team around but continues with off form players . Forgetting the money issue I honestly think moyes has run out of ideas and he is luckily getting results to keep us mid-table. As he said wins paper over the cracks I agree and the best thing for us is a new start we have played rubbish all season.

I haven't seen us play this sloppy and careless in a long time. I mean, our performances earlier this season have been sloppy and careless, but this deserves the grand prize. And Neville was one of the most sloppy and careless ones. I counted more passes from him to an opponent than to a team-mate. Horrible. And we all know this is not the first time he does that. The last 5 minutes were disgraceful; we were all over the pitch, bumping into each other, no creativity whatsoever, no idea how to score goals, and we kept playing the long ball as if it was mid-july and no wind. I wonder when all this is gonna change. Donovan can't be very enthusiastic about his next few games for us now. And it was home. Against Bolton. Last placed Bolton.

What I will want to remember from this match will be Howard's goal and Hibbert's lack thereof, but this all desperately needs to change if we are to stay away from the relegation battle this year. I never thought I would ever say that, I'm usually quite optimistic for an Evertonian, but now I do. Had this been against one of the top 5 teams, well, then I wouldn't care as much. But this was against last placed Bolton Wanderers. I guess in Moyes we trust, eh? COYB!

Edited by Inca85

Disappointing. Saha was absolutely shite, why is he in the team? We were unlucky with injuries and we were promising in the first half, but that second half was just not good enough. Howard's goal was very lucky, and we were foolish and naive to keep playing long balls down the field, against a big defence like that, let alone with that wind blowing behind the ball. I thought we could have had a win tonight but I should have learned by now.

I dont even know where we start with that performance.

Howard was all over the place because of the wind, but made some cracking saves and scored! Probably Motm but I havent decided yet.

Baines also did pretty well given the shite around him and almost scored at the end.

Jags was having trouble tonight, and he was looking particularly shaky when he came off. Not sure he will be around for a while either as the injury didnt look to clever.

Distin was solid at times but sloppy at others. Between him and Heitinga they should have done more for the first goal and a couple of the Bolton attempts. Heitinga was unsurprisingly a no show in midfield, and was then very shaky when he first went to CB. He did seem to get better as it went on though

Hibbert didnt do much, couple of times he was out of position and dont remember him for anything else.

Neville was crap. Yet again a complete waste. Didnt even track the movement of a CB for Cahill's goal. I dont care if we have no-one left to play in our next game but I am going to explode if he starts.

Osman looked lively, and was one of our better players in the first half. Sadly he had to come off as well, as that along with Rodwell coming off signalled the end for us.

Donovan was also looking sharp. Still think it was a penalty but I would like to see a proper view of it on the TV as the stream I had was not exactly crystal clear! He must be wandering what he has got himself into...

Straq was decent. His touch & passing were average, but his movement, strength and willingness to get into the box were good. Not convinced by his technique and finishing at all.

Saha was shite. He had lots more space than he normally enjoys today and did feck all with it. Two of his attempted shots would embarrass an under 10 striker.

Rodwell brought energy and some purpose but he never really got a proper foothold in the game (mainly because we kept hoofing it over his head). He clearly wasnt fit enough to start the match, and it wasnt the biggest surprise to see him go off injured, considering he got medical attention after coming off against WBA. Why on earth Barkley wasnt called up to the 1st team or potentially Baxter recalled if he isnt fit enough is beyond me as he could now be out for even longer.

Cahill had to come on in the end because we didnt have any alternatives and he didnt do much. He showed some tenacity, and while I dont think he should be in a 2 man midfield (especially with Neville) a drop back along side the like of Fellaini with Osman aead wouldnt be a bad thing.

Gueye also never really got on the ball, although he did link up nicely with Baines a couple of times.

Overall that was a big disappointment. We got oursleves ahead through a flukey goal and then conceded two goals to the leagues 'worst' side. They deserved it though and took their chances well. Sadly we cant do the same. All I can say is that I am glad we have got a decent points tally already on the board as I wouldnt harbour any hopes of a strong finish to the season on the back of that performance.

For once this season, I can't blame Moyes. Went 2 up like we asked, played Donnovan, used substitutes as only he could, no issues....the players tonight were solely to blame.

Disgrace.

The thing is Ten, did we actually play any different to how we have been? The only difference for me is that Straq at least tried to get in behind the Bolton defence but several times him and Saha were challenging for the same ball just as Cahill & Saha do.

The players were shite though.

Attendance was 29,000 tonight and i cannot blame the fans who failed to turn up! terrible game it was so so frustrating, neville is a pathetic excuse of a captain he never looked like picking up the team and driving them on. Once Jags, Ossie and Rodwell went of it didn't look like we had one leader on that pitch. The old Cahill would lift the team with his energy but he brang nothing i dont think he touched the ball for about 20mins after he came on? ... one of the worse second halfs ive watched tonight they deserved everything they got!

This season's Prem is throwing up strange results galore - Everton aren't exempt.

I know a few aren't happy with general performances and so this result just adds to the growing list of 'examples', but surely you just have to accept it's a strange one, and an example of sod's law... play well against some decent teams then slip up against the lesser ones.

Welcome to the club of 'didn't see that coming' results.

Everton are a far better team than Bolton. Just one of those nights.

Tomorrow's another day, and let's hope you can turn Spurs over. Unlikely on paper, but you're capable of doing it!! Come on Everton!

Can I actually now pickup on that point I made about the peroxide haired, white booted skipper of ours?!

What an absolute helmet he is. Yet again the most shite person on the pitch by a mile but yet shouts and points at the others. What is he shouting? "hoof it" ? Total ale house standard of football from him and a few others.

Better put a nice juicy apple on moyesys desk tomorrow fizzer, by the way your team got done 3-0 too.