IGNORED

Tamworth

MikeO

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as its Tamworth [no disrespect] i think he should play all the fringe players to see what they can do, i'm sure they wont be any worse than the 1st eleven has been lately. What i would like to see if non are injured. ......

Baines or Osman as skipper and ease some of our walking wounded back in after 60 minutes. Fellaini, Drenthe, Anichebe with a back up of Heitinga, Hibbert, Howard,

Not much chance of that but one can only hope.

rolleyes.gif

I would do something similar, just in a 4-3-3. Such as:

---------------Howard

Hibbert - Duffy - Distin - Baines

------------ Any DM (bar Neville)

--------Bily---------- Cahill

---Donovon--------------Gueye

-----------------Vellios

I think we are actually going to be really short of players, especially in midfield and I wouldn't want to risk anyone that has a knock of any sort (Osman, Rodwell, Felli, Drenthe, apparently Barkley) so I have gone for Cahill & Bily (and it will probably have to be Neville because we cant risk Heits getting injured). Cahill might not have touched the ball for however many minutes against Bolton but that is because we were intent on hoofing it over the midfield (and over the strikers). I would be surprised if any of them touched if that often in that time. He did win the ball back a couple of times at the end and was the one who forced the last minute corner. He has a lot to prove, but this is Tamworth and at least he will give us energy which we traditionally lack against lower league teams. I would give Bily a shot to prove himself in midfield as well. We havent got anything to lose, he played in that position on occasions in Russia and Tamworth must be worse than those Russian teams.

Gueye & Donovon need to try and get close to the striker and try to win the second ball from Vellios who should dominate in the air and physically. D & G should be buzzing all around him as soon as the ball go towards him and look for lay offs & through balls all the time, but also keep an eye on Tamworths FB's should they be causing a problem.

Reluctantly I think Neville is going to have to play. I dont want to risk Felli, Rodwell or Heits and I dont think we have a natural DM in the youth teams. Just protect the CB's, track your runners and get stuck in then lay the ball off to someone else. Do that and you wont have to apologise on Twitter this week!

Duffy should get his chance, but the rest of the defence picks itself with Distin being the fresher of the two experienced CB's and getting the nod.

I wouldnt play Mucha ever! The last thing we want to do is give Tamworth some encouragement.

Seeing as its Tamworth [no disrespect] i think he should play all the fringe players to see what they can do, i'm sure they wont be any worse than the 1st eleven has been lately. What i would like to see if non are injured. ......

Mucha

Coleman .. Duffy .. Distin .. Baines

Donovan .. Barclay .. Osman .. Gueye

Velious .. Straqualursi

Baines or Osman as skipper and ease some of our walking wounded back in after 60 minutes. Fellaini, Drenthe, Anichebe with a back up of Heitinga, Hibbert, Howard,

Not much chance of that but one can only hope.

rolleyes.gif

I like the look of that team a lot, could work with other senior players on the bench

i dont agree bill we must play our best team,i think some of your team here are injured anyway,if moyes plays mucha i will be worried,mucha cost us the game agains chelsea,we also lost against oldham fa cup with a reserve keeper in cant think of his name although he was german.

The way some of the others have been playing, i think that might be our best team.

Although I am a bit nervous surely we can get a result here. Even with the way the team have been playing if we would have been up against a Championship team I would have been fully expecting us to win. We may be playing rather badly but we currently lie in 11th position which is not to be sniffed at. Sure, we would all like to be higher but its much better than the likes of Bolton Wanderers and Wigan Athletic who are right at the bottom and with the team that we currently have once we get out of this bad patch we will surely rise up the league table.

Technically this is one of the easiest ties we could have had consiering that Tamworth are in the Non-League and whilst they will have adrenaline pumping and hearts racing our skill would surely be too much for them (Premiership against Non-League surely isn't a contest) and I think that we will win this tie (because if we don't then I've no idea how we would pick ourselves up).

I'm going for a 3-0 win. I've no idea of the team so I don't know who will score but if we are 5-0 up with ten minutes to go I am hoping and praying that Moyes sticks Tony Hibbert up front and puts him on penalty duty.

Don think what to expect for today. Ofc a win, but what kind of starting 11? We have a awful lot of injuries atm and even with a horrible play on wednesday we should continue with 442, just need to pick another cm pair than nev and johnny. Well, when Jags is now injured i think we will see pair Johnny and Distin in CB positions. Some of TT members have said this should be the pair, cause Jags has been so awful this season(i dont think that way). I dont wanna see totally changed 11 today, we have been quite awful lately, even we got some results in a row, and need to pick the best possible starters we have atm. Saha need to fix his aim and should prolly pairs again with Straqu, they both need to find net and soon, this might be the perfect game to get some success on that, and also grow some confidence. Im always thinking we cant mess with these Cup games, we need to put best out and get throught. Im a big fan of FACup and wanna see us going far.

Howard

Hibbo-Johnny-Distin-Baines

Donovan-Barkley/if not fit then Cahill-Felli/ifnot fit then Bily-Drenthe/if not fit the Maggie

Count Straqula-Saha

I am not taking anything for granted today at all. Confidence low, the team likely to be disjointed which leads to mix-ups and the noises from Tamworth sounds to me like they have a quiet confidence about them.

I tell you something the team needs at the moment - we need to go into games leading at half time. The fans are on their backs so the team need to win t hem back over so we are all pulling together.

Genuinely believe that Duffy should play at CB today, but suspect he won't.

It would be good to think we could build some confidence, but ultimately just win and lets take small steps to better things..

Don't know why anyone would suggest playing Mucha....stand by this from the Chelsea Carling Cup game...

Tim doesn't need a rest.

For protection, if Tim Howard break a leg today we are in serious trouble.

We should also be able to beat this lot without a keeper at all, I have always advocated that the manager should pick his best eleven but what he sees as being his best eleven have been shit, and i think the fringe players could put on a better showing.

much more happy with that midfield and forward setup even if it does include mcfadden..can be switched about quite a bit..bily in the centre of mid hopefully ahead of fellaini..mcfadden and vic upfront with gueye and donovan on the wings..suits me just fine

Edited by marcopaulo

Howard, Coleman, Heitinga, Distin, Neville, Donovan, Fellaini, Bilyaletdinov, Gueye, McFadden, Anichebe.

Neville at left backhuh.png ?

Bily should have a stormer against these.

I'm happy with that team by the way - hope Duffy and McAleny get a fair run-out too.