IGNORED

Tamworth

MikeO

Trotted on over to Tamworthfans.co.uk http://www.tamworthf...px?g=topics&f=1 to ask them their thoughts about the game.

1. How do you think your manager will play it? Park the bus? Attack us? Or somewhere in between?

2. I see Tamworth haven't won a game since their last FA Cup match, how have they been playing in that time? You're looking a bit distant from the play-offs but with the games in hand do you still think there's a chance of making the ground up?

3. What do you think your side's main threats are that Everton should be wary of? Anyone at the club destined for big things?

4. Standard question....if you could nick three players from us who would you choose?

5. What's your perception of Everton's ownership protests/financial problems? Always interesting to see what people outside the club think.

6. What's the result going to be on Saturday?

Luke TFC

1. I would like to think that our manager will park the bus and try to counter attack, however with the way we have defended in recent weeks, it might be wise that attack should be the best form of defence

2. Since our win at Gateshead in the last round, we have been unachieving and have only managed 1 point in 4 league games and shipping a lot of goals in that time. In my opinion, we won't be anywhere near the playoffs and if we can sit around 12-15th and with the 3rd round of the FA Cup, we would all consider this to be a good season.

3. It's very difficult to say on our players as our best player (Paul Green) is suspended. However, with the amount of pressure that is expected, i would keep an eye on Jonathan Hedge, who has played for the non league England Team and is a top quality goalkeeper.

4. With regards to the 3 players - easily we would have Phil Jagielka, Leighton Baines and Seamus Coleman. Every time I have seen them, they have impressed.

5. I've not really kept upto whats been going on with your protests etc, however if the club has no money then I don't blame Kenwright for keeping his wallet closed, however for a club being in the Premiership having no money all of the sudden is amazing after you had recently spent highly on the likes of Fellaini etc, and I do think it is time for him to move on and see if there is some Russians/Americans a bit like Abramovich etc who can take the club forward.

6. All the best for Saturday, I think you will be too strong for us, however I live in hope but I do think it will end up 4-0 to you guys.

Tamworthlad

1. He will play it by putting a bunch of names in a hat and pulling each one out over a position

2. We have been playing poor since Gateshead conceding a lot of goals.

3. No we won't make the play offs, we will be lucky to stay up based on recent form.

4. Threats from Tamworth include hoofball, and making the keeper fumble the ball from corners, our best player is Tait and imo should be playing at a higher level.

5. Everton fans shouldnt really be protesting, its not like your near relegation so don't worry about it imo.

6. Result will be 0-0, our first scoreless draw in about 90 games.......... one can only dream.......

Dave Cooper

1. Yep, as others have said, we have no idea who Marcus Law will pick (and in what positions) never mind how he will set us up to play!

2. We are not playing well but there's a good team in there somewhere, we picked up plenty of very good wins earlier in the season, and we should have enough in the bank to stay up, especially when the annual AGM Cup takes care of the likes of Darlington and Kettering for us!

3. Main threat? Could come from anywhere, but if we are to score it will probably come from a set-piece, we have a few bruisers who could cause some troubles for your defence.

4. Three players from you? Ha! it would never happen but could you loan us Fellaini, Cahill and Coleman it would be appreciated.

6. Result? We'll lose, but if we can just score...yeah, that would be fantastic.

The Red Postman

Here's my two penn'orth. You'll learn a lot by reading the thread on here entitled 'The mind of Marcus Law.' That should pretty much answer the first three questions!

I don't know anyone who thinks we have a hope in hell on Saturday and (maybe this is an indication of Premiershi*e attitudes infecting non-league) most of the 1,000 or so diehard go-every-week fans would take league safety by the end of February over a big Cup upset, although that might change if we somehow won at Goodison, got a good draw in the next round and started looking at the possibility of putting £1m or more in the bank.

Main threats? It's a fact that Marcus's squad selection system is such a mystery that, as someone put it on the above thread, with three days to go before the game, even the loyal 1,000 would struggle to name a starting XI.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Red Postman

Here's my two penn'orth. You'll learn a lot by reading the thread on here entitled 'The mind of Marcus Law.' That should pretty much answer the first three questions!

I don't know anyone who thinks we have a hope in hell on Saturday and (maybe this is an indication of Premiershi*e attitudes infecting non-league) most of the 1,000 or so diehard go-every-week fans would take league safety by the end of February over a big Cup upset, although that might change if we somehow won at Goodison, got a good draw in the next round and started looking at the possibility of putting £1m or more in the bank.

Main threats? It's a fact that Marcus's squad selection system is such a mystery that, as someone put it on the above thread, with three days to go before the game, even the loyal 1,000 would struggle to name a starting XI.

Anyone else green with envy?

They have to show an attacking intent from the off, won't be no good and sitting back and playing ten men behind the ball, I dont' want a stifling game at the weekend, I'd like to see attackers attacking and defenders defending, it's their big opportunity, all the pressure will be on us, they have nothing to lose. I fully expect, despite the disappointments and frustrations of recent weeks a home victory. I seem to remember a few years back Manchester United played Exeter at Old TRafford in the third round and the Devon side got a goalless draw of all things so anything can happen but I'd be real surprised (amongst other things) if Tamworth travel south at the weekend after the game with a result.

I remember playing Reading at home a few years ago and Moyes and the players fucked up big style that day when we really should have been into the next round and although smaller opposition this time around there will be no excuses for not getting through, we are stronger in every department, have home advantage and not the pressure of playing at a surreal, alien venue, anything less than a fourth round place by saturday evening is simply not up to scratch

If Tamworth hold us for most of the first half, the mood of the crowd and panic on the pitch could well have us looking at an upset.

Maybe we can push Howard forward a bit, get him overlaping.

Tamworth will have had scouts at the last few games, they will have gone back with their reports......once everyone finished laughing, they will know Phil and Tim probably aren't going to cause too many problems.They will have gained confidence from our recent poor form, they must realise they DO have a small chance.

I hope the players and supporters of Tamworth have a great day.

A prediction on the score......Howard to bulge the net with a header from a corner in the last minute.1-0.

I think Tamworths main threat will be Hibbert and Neville - with a pass completion rate of 55% and 68% respectively against Bolton - it means that out of 10 passes made by either of those two - 4 will end up at a Tamworth players feet.

It was that evident the other night that I looked it up - The Executioner as usual was all over it.

Seeing as its Tamworth [no disrespect] i think he should play all the fringe players to see what they can do, i'm sure they wont be any worse than the 1st eleven has been lately. What i would like to see if non are injured. ......

Mucha

Coleman .. Duffy .. Distin .. Baines

Donovan .. Barclay .. Osman .. Gueye

Velious .. Straqualursi

Baines or Osman as skipper and ease some of our walking wounded back in after 60 minutes. Fellaini, Drenthe, Anichebe with a back up of Heitinga, Hibbert, Howard,

Not much chance of that but one can only hope.

rolleyes.gif

Edited by Bill

Seeing as its Tamworth [no disrespect] i think he should play all the fringe players to see what they can do, i'm sure they wont be any worse than the 1st eleven has been lately. What i would like to see if non are injured. ......

Mucha

Coleman .. Duffy .. Distin .. Baines

Donovan .. Barclay .. Osman .. Gueye

Velious .. Straqualursi

Baines or Osman as skipper and ease some of our walking wounded back in after 60 minutes. Fellaini, Drenthe, Anichebe with a back up of Heitinga, Hibbert, Howard,

Not much chance of that but one can only hope.

rolleyes.gif

I would go with that except I would not have Mucha in goal - simple as that. He cost us against Chelsea, never tamper with the keeper unless you need to, then again knowing our luck he may pick up an injury.

How good are Tamworth? Can they play?

Not at the moment if their fans are to be believed....team selection up with Davey at his most baffling as well...

From a forum reaction to their last match...

"For a simple lad like myself who had just the benefit of a mere secondary schools education at the Mercian Boys', I find myself unable to grasp the first thing about our manager's puzzling practices. Maybe a BA honours degree is required to fathom out Marcus Law's team selections."

"His team selections are bizarre in the extreme. They rarely make any sense and five days away from one of the biggest games in the club's history, only Tait and possibly Francis and Courtney are sure of their places."

"Yesterday's starting line-up included three centre backs, three left-backs, and a right-back. No wonder we have no guile, vision or quality in midfield. For the second game running, Alfreton, a very poor side in the relegation zone, dominated possession against us and left us for long periods chasing shadows."

Has DM written a coaching manual does anyone know?

Not at the moment if their fans are to be believed....team selection up with Davey at his most baffling as well...

From a forum reaction to their last match...

"For a simple lad like myself who had just the benefit of a mere secondary schools education at the Mercian Boys', I find myself unable to grasp the first thing about our manager's puzzling practices. Maybe a BA honours degree is required to fathom out Marcus Law's team selections."

"His team selections are bizarre in the extreme. They rarely make any sense and five days away from one of the biggest games in the club's history, only Tait and possibly Francis and Courtney are sure of their places."

"Yesterday's starting line-up included three centre backs, three left-backs, and a right-back. No wonder we have no guile, vision or quality in midfield. For the second game running, Alfreton, a very poor side in the relegation zone, dominated possession against us and left us for long periods chasing shadows."

Has DM written a coaching manual does anyone know?

Ha ha, I see the same groans happen regardless of league lol.

Barkley never plays, how the hell is he injured, ive said for years now, there is something fundamentally wrong with the way we train as a club, the injury record we have is shocking, and it's every season as well

May have something to do with chasing chickens:

Drenthe: Hey yo, Dave, what do I got to chase a chicken for?

Moyes: First, because I said so. And second, is because chicken-chasing is how we used to train back in the old days. If you can catch this thing, you can catch greased lighting.

Below: Denis Straq - does as he's told to earn his starting place versus Tamworth

rocky-chasing-a-chicken-300x300.jpg

May have something to do with chasing chickens:

Drenthe: Hey yo, Dave, what do I got to chase a chicken for?

Moyes: First, because I said so. And second, is because chicken-chasing is how we used to train back in the old days. If you can catch this thing, you can catch greased lighting.

Below: Denis Straq - does as he's told to earn his starting place versus Tamworth

rocky-chasing-a-chicken-300x300.jpg

Too much chasing the chicken will leave you blind.

MOYES:

“I was manager at Preston and we played Arsenal and went in 2-0 up at half-time when they had a championship-winning team.

“I also took Preston to Chelsea and we were very unlucky while I also brought a Preston team to Everton and lost a close game to a David Unsworth free-kick.

“So I have been on the side as the underdog and they make the games tough. They will lift their game and if anyone thinks it is going to be one-way traffic then they are probably in for a shock.”

Don't worry Davie, the only shock I will have is if you drop Neville and stop sand bagging before every single game we play at the moment.

THEY ARE NONE LEAGUE - THEY ARE HAVING A BAD TIME OF THINGS!!! THE RESERVES SHOULD BEAT THEM 3-0! LET ALONE A TEAM OF INTERNATIONALS ON AVERAGE EARNINGS OF £30K A WEEK!!!