IGNORED

Tamworth

MikeO

I was looking at participants on NSNO who saw the game today and for the most part Bilyaletdinov is getting castigated in some quarters so there may be some truth in comments. Phil Neville was donkey of the day, fair enough, so many commercials flashing away it was hard to concentrate actually

All I know is it was hardly School of Science levels out there today and some players need to take a look at themselves, we got through today but it wasn't anything pretty, the result is the most important thing but on todays evidence how far can we really expect to go this year?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is it was hardly School of Science levels out there today and some players need to take a look at themselves, we got through today but it wasn't anything pretty, the result is the most important thing but on todays evidence how far can we really expect to go this year?

The result was the important thing today, would we really care if we played badly in a cup semi-final but still managed to win! 1-0 would have been ok against Tamworth, it was all that was required.

The bigger picture!!..........Players under performing, injured players, small'ish' squad, struggling for goals etc, the bigger picture, this season, is to finish no worse than 4th from bottom.

Sure I'd like 6th or 7th, but things have to change quite a bit before we can even hope for that.

I'm not saying things can't be turned around, it's just without a decent slice of luck, plus a major improvment from the players we really should be more realistic.

At full strenght, on form, we can match most.Were not at full strenght, and certain players are way off the top when it comes to performance.Neither of those two things are down to Moyes or Bill come to that, it's just the position we are in.

We can still win the FA Cup smile.png

Spurs 'only' won 3-0 against Cheltenham, and many would say Spurs are possibly the best team in the country (and certainly top 3).

Admittedly it's not non-league, but adds SOME perspective to such games.

2-0 is 'job done'. Ugly maybe, lacking flair maybe, but it's a win.

]

Cheltenham are actually a very decent team and have won 9 out 10 of their last away games. Spurs probably had the hardest 'banana skin' game, along with Wigan. Dont know whether they put out a full strength team either?

Re Billy, the comments I heard on the radio basically suggested that whenever he was pressed he was sloppy, but that he also seemed to get into some good position when he got forward. Again I didnt see the game though, but that pretty much sums up his Everton career for me and wouldnt surprise me if it was true.

Tottenham starting XI for yesterdays game

Cudicini

Bassong

Dawson

Lennon

Kranjcar

Rose

Livermore

Piennar

Pavlyuchenko

Giovani

Defoe

Redknapp obviously taking this with some level of seriousness, over 35 000 too in North London yesterday, good crowd given the opposition

This is pretty much their 2nd team though I think. Defoe plays some games, and I think I heard Lennon is coming back from injury. I would be surprised if we saw many of them start on Weds.

It is still a strong team though and just highlights the strength they have in depth.

See Neville was in the crowd for the Manchester derby - yeah I can live with his love of Man Ure - but when he is turning out the displays he has been, I wish he would just go there and become SAF first team 'pointing coach', he offers absolutely nothing.

Some fella in our local who used to help run our sunday league team said that Neville is 'probably Evertons best technical player' - and he goes to every home and away game. That answered alot of questions for me going back to my playing days.

See Neville was in the crowd for the Manchester derby - yeah I can live with his love of Man Ure - but when he is turning out the displays he has been, I wish he would just go there and become SAF first team 'pointing coach', he offers absolutely nothing.

Some fella in our local who used to help run our sunday league team said that Neville is 'probably Evertons best technical player' - and he goes to every home and away game. That answered alot of questions for me going back to my playing days.

blink.png

how long had he been in the local to come up with that?!

how long had he been in the local to come up with that?!

He's one of those who tries to make out he knows more about football than anyone else by coming out with some random praise for a player who has been dire:

"I actually thought Jagielkas long balls were excellent today"

"Heitinga is a better midfielder than centre half"

"Anichebe is a better player than Rodwell"

That sort of nonsense

regarding bily lets be honest we all thought he was already sold,i dont know whats gone on with his so called move,has it fell through we dont know,he must have thought he was going,moyes has kept him out of the team,untill he was forced to play him,so bily will just cruise through the game avoiding injury,he may have been told to take it easy,hes worth at least 5 million to us.

Thats very true... I do wonder what has happened with the interest that was apparently being shown. If we arent going to get the best out of him then he has to go ASAP as his price will keep diminishing the longer we keep him.

Edited by Bailey

Thats very true... I do wonder what has happened with the interest that was apparently being shown. If we arent going to get the best out of him then he has to go ASAP as his price will keep diminishing the longer we keep him.

the 'interest' came from lazy assed journos who thought it would be fun to make shit up. Edited by Matt